Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Again ,

Why should he , he wouldn't have a voice in the decision at all,
    Its obvious that there would be no way the congress would ever
    attempt to change the 14th , just to many libs and repubs sympathetic to
    illegals

His opinion either way would carry no weight with the supreme court who hopefully will interpit it correctly
    It is a matter of law and falls outside the jurisdiction of the President
    OMG!

Do you not know of the 2 bills going around congress at the moment? Presidents Can and DO lend support to things they deem necessary. Bush arm twisted for the amnesty bills among many other things.
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

PatriotDreams wrote:
    Anyone that thinks that you can magically deport 30 million people lives at disneyland!

Who said anything about magic?? And there you go again with the denigrating comments. If Mitt believes so strongly about deporting illegals as they are caught he should SAY SO. The fact that he doesn't speaks louder than all the ranting you can do.
    Thats just it, his inflection was that it was ludicrous to think that we could get rid of them by any means.
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

I have not heard of those bills. we need to stop those bills dead in there tracks. Do you have any information on those bills?
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistov
    Again ,

Why should he , he wouldn't have a voice in the decision at all,
    Its obvious that there would be no way the congress would ever
    attempt to change the 14th , just to many libs and repubs sympathetic to
    illegals

His opinion either way would carry no weight with the supreme court who hopefully will interpit it correctly
    It is a matter of law and falls outside the jurisdiction of the President
    OMG!

Do you not know of the 2 bills going around congress at the moment? Presidents Can and DO lend support to things they deem necessary. Bush supported the amnesty bills among many other things.
    Yes , Bush did support amnesty and look what it did to his cred and approval numbers

Of course any president can weigh in on any bills but in the long run they don't have to either way , in this case for Romney to come out and say end birthright citizenship would probably cost him a few votes , of course he would be a hero to a lot of us for saying it but in the scheme of things it doesn't really matter at this point
    The wheels are in motion to get it changed by getting it to the supreme court , that is the fastest way to get it done

I'm not basing my presidential choice on this question

A REAL question to put to Romney would be something like
    "Would you use national guard troops to back up the border patrol"?

That would be a question I would like to see answered
    And it is something in the realm of what a president CAN DO

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    I have not heard of those bills. we need to stop those bills dead in there tracks. Do you have any information on those bills?
    You misunderstand, Paige. There are 2 bills, one of which is sponsored by Dr. Paul, to END birthright citizenship in America.

No they are good bills to STOP birth-right citizenship.

Nathan Deal From GA has the one with the best traction. I forget the # and all that tho.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kniggit
    PatriotDreams wrote:
    Anyone that thinks that you can magically deport 30 million people lives at disneyland!

Who said anything about magic?? And there you go again with the denigrating comments. If Mitt believes so strongly about deporting illegals as they are caught he should SAY SO. The fact that he doesn't speaks louder than all the ranting you can do.
    Thats just it, his inflection was that it was ludicrous to think that we could get rid of them by any means.
    I think his early ideas speak for themselves

Secure The Border. Follow through on Congressional commitment to build a physical and technological fence along the southern border, and secure other points of entry.

Implement An Enforceable Employer Verification System. Issue a biometrically-enabled and tamperproof card to non-citizens and create a national database for non-citizens so employers can easily verify their legal status in this country.

Reject Amnesty. Do not give amnesty or any special pathway to those who have come to this country illegally.

Punish Sanctuary Cities. Cut back federal funding to cities that are "sanctuaries" for illegal immigrants and refuse to comply with federal law or aid federal law enforcement.

Improve Interior Enforcement. Provide resources to enforce immigration laws throughout the nation, and crackdown on employers who continue to hire illegals with stiffer fines and penalties

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistov
    No they are good bills to STOP birth-right citizenship.

Nathan Deal From GA has the one with the best traction. I forget the # and all that tho.
    Keep in mind that as long as Reid and Piglosi are running the
    show none of these bills will see the light of day

And you all know this

I'm not basing my presidential choice on this question
    He does State in ending hand outs to illegals. But, as you know the illegals do not really get them. It is their Anchor Babies that get all the freebies and they come along for the ride.

So yeah, I think that question is vital. That is my opinion.. but you know what they say about opinions... lol

Ok thank goodness. I was searching for two rotten bills.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast