Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-I-am
    Any you believe them?

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    My boyfriend and I had a painting company come to our house to give us an estimate for painting the interior of our home.

The first question I asked him was: "Are all your employees here legally, and do they all speak fluent English?". He assured me that the answer to both was yes.
    In this case, yes. I believed him. Mainly because when I asked the question he looked completely perplexed...like he had no idea what I was talking about. Illegal immigration isn't a problem around here (yet).
    You know that is possible. I remember when I first started posting on the internet against illegal immigration, most of the people in the country were very insulting to me. They just couldn't believe the things those of us in the border states were saying.

I specifically remember someone from W VA being exceptionally protective of the 'poor hardworking, friendly, kind, family oriented, illegals' and how mean spirited and racist I was. Guess they know better now.

The tune has changed as the flood moved across the land.

I have had the exact same thing happen to me. I was born and raised in NJ and lived there until I escaped 8 years ago. In the early 1990's I would tell people about this and they called me all the names. I would tell them about the resturants who employed them and shoved 20 of them in a one bedroom apartment. I was crazy, racist, etc. Fast forward to 2007 and NJ is totally over run. Every time I go home, it is like where did my beloved state go? Contrary to what the Soprano's shows you on tv and all the NJ jokes, NJ was a great place to live in before it got overrun and overpopulated.

Now I live in New Hampshire. Since we moved here in 1999, it has changed dramatically. You cannot go a day without a violent crime being reported in Manchester. A good deal of the crime is done by illegals. The other day an illegal attacked some one with a hammer.

Although the illegal immigration problem is still realtively small here, the increase since I moved here has been enormous. And it gets larger everyday. You never used to see them building houses. Now they are-you go into a convienece store and they are in there at lunch time, not speaking English staring at you , saying vulgar things. One customer commented how nice it was to have different cultures here and they are so hardworking. I almost lost it.

I tell people and they think I am nuts. I warn them that this state is going to become just like NJ and they say that will never happen.
    Well I have news for them yes it can happen. It happened to my state that my family had lived in since the 1600's-it can happen ANYWHERE.

I think we need a new reality show. We take all the people who think illegal immigration is so great and drop them in a section of the city that has the most illegals. They are dropped off with nothing. Let them live and deal with them for a month and see how they feel then.

I can't remember if it was the same cleaning service that was stated above but an operation was using that service, which was mostly illegals, to scope out houses for burglars. This was about 5 years ago here in VA and they did bust the operation with cameras. The cleaning service, or certain employees of, would come in, do their job for the most part, and take inventory. They reported the likely hits to their counterparts and soon after the house would get robbed. Alot were done in broad daylight since the cleaning service basically told tale of when they weren't home.

Note: I called the local Merry Maids company this morning and discussed the situation with them. The woman assured me that all of their local employees are English-speaking and legal residents. She mentioned I might have them confused with another company. I told her I would give her the benefit of the doubt. I wouldn't be surprised if there are different hiring practices in different states based on the post here about California. When I called my friend to let him know what the company said, he told me he'd made a mistake---it's actually Molly Maids he uses. I then proceeded to call them and ask about their hiring practices. The woman---who had a very thick accent--- did admit they have non- English speaking workers, but said THERE ARE TRANSLATORS IF YOU NEED ONE!! I guess the one that accompanied the non-English speaking worker to my friend's house was acting as translator---even though she only knew a few words of English. She said you can request that the person sent to your home is English-speaking. I told her that my friend shouldn't have to request an English-speaking house cleaner. I didn't even bother to ask about legal status as I knew I'd get a b.s. answer. The fact that they hire non-English speakers told me all I need to know.

I'm going to pursue this further.

Nicole wrote:

"I think we need a new reality show. We take all the people who think illegal immigration is so great and drop them in a section of the city that has the most illegals. They are dropped off with nothing. Let them live and deal with them for a month and see how they feel the."

That's a great idea. I have the perfect town. Santa Ana California. It would be a real eye opener. We could have them see pictures of the town years ago and say this is where you'll be staying and then take them in and let the shock set in. They would have to live there for one month and not go out of the town for anything.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Duh
    We had Merry Maids stop by and give us a quote for house cleaning. The guy was Amerrican / Caucasian. When he finished looking around, he gave an estimate that was sky high (really a ripoff).

Out of curiosity I asked if the cleaning staff speak English. He said no, that they are all Hispanic and don't speak English.

Duh
    Duh

I don't allow any companies to work at my house unless they
    do criminal background checks on their employees.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123