Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

BTW, Robins_Aussie, thanks for always being there in our hour of need. We are well aware of the friendship and support Australia gives us, up to and including putting Australian's lives on the line when we're in trouble.

Rest assurred if you guys need us, we'll be there for you too, and we'll be proud and happy to do it.

You guys seem to have a pretty cool Prime Minister. We're hoping he'll come to visit US and maybe his good sense will rub off on you know who.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Robins....best of luck to you both. If they pass this amnesty thing and Spanish becomes our new national language.....can you sponsor me? Australia's been on my list of places to see before I die as well. Love the accent. Take care and us posted.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Iig

Re: I aint going anywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by robins_aussie
    There is a kind of kinship between Americans and Aussies as we have accomplished a lot together.
    Indeed Brian and Robin! I look forward to the official invite to hoist a pint with you.

Good friends ignore each other's funny relatives: you forgive us for Paris Hilton (I hope) and we pretend we can't tell what the Croc Hunter's accent is.

Be well and happy, and until soon.
    "I have not yet begun to fight!" John Paul Jones

The best of luck to both you and your family!

Australia is a remarkable nation, our most steadfast ally in the Anglosphere, and-as others have alluded to-one of the last bastions of civilization in this increasingly warped, corrosive world.

There are only a few outposts of humanity, decency, pluralism, freedom and civilization left in this world, and Australia is probably one of the largest and most resilient.

There are only a few countries left in this world, Israel, Japan, and of course, the United States, who haven't succombed to the incessant barrage of globalism, Islamo-fascism, resurgent, repackaged Marxism, and ethno-fascism, but they are hanging by a thread.

We can only hope that Australia can hold out.

With leaders like Howard and Downer I'm sure they will.

At least, for the foreseeable future.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Is it true that if you're over 45 years of age, you can't emigrate to Australia from the USA to become an Australian citizen? IIRC, I read that on an Australian government website. Also, I think it said if you're under 45, you have to have job skills they need. I was thinking of emigrating there once awhile back.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Here I am - late again, dadgumit!!

Brian, the absolute best to you and your wife. It has been a real pleasure having you (and that wonderful accent) on this board.

I do believe MountainDog is right tho -- if things really go south here, Australia may be overrun by goofy Americans trying to learn the lingo (then we'd be the ones getting joked about our language).

Again, the absolute best to you all.

And yes, as MD said, we do blame you for the croc hunter :P :P :P

all true...

Unfortunately yeah its true.. over 45 and your gonna be struggling to get here ... Our laws are so similar to yours but because of our immifgration problems and the asian invasion they have become tighter as well. If anyone wants to come here and live there are gonna be problems. For example. I know a bloke who owns a charter fishing setup on the coast. Hes American and has put a lot of money into this business. Yet he is still now allowed here for anymore than 3 months at a time under our visa laws/ So they will take his money but wont let him stay. Its all bullshit. Downer is not as fair as people would think. Dont be givin that bloke any cudo's. If Downer aint getting anything out of it, as most politicians, then he wont do it. Our PM I think is doing a good job but there is hesitation there and that concerns me a lot. He will support you guys and put our military up for anything... but when it comes to a one on one ..he wont shove it in someones face ...he reminds me of a muppet .. Just wanna say thanks to everyone for the well wishes .. but I'll still be here .. I think I have some inter.... intellek.... intula.... good stuff to saylol ... Just remember you cant bring your guns to Australia. And yes there will be beer flowing when I get back ... Brian

Re: all true...

Quote Originally Posted by robins_aussie
    Unfortunately yeah its true.. over 45 and your gonna be struggling to get here ... Our laws are so similar to yours but because of our immifgration problems and the asian invasion they have become tighter as well. If anyone wants to come here and live there are gonna be problems.

. . . I think I have some inter.... intellek.... intula.... good stuff to saylol ...
    That's what I thought. So if any Americans are thinking they can just escape to Australia when conditions get intolerable here, they are sadly mistaken, (unless they want to become illegals in Australia ) I'm afraid. In fact, if conditions keep on getting worse here in the USA, Australia may tighten up even more, if a big flood of Americans start seeking refuge there.

Yes, you do have intelligent things to say, so please continue posting to these boards, even if you're in Australia. Last time I checked, they had computers and the internet there too.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Dang.....over 45......figures.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12