Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Muslims tell Christians: 'Make peace with us or survival of

Muslims tell Christians: 'Make peace with us or survival of world is at stake'

Prominent Muslim scholars are warning that the "survival of the world" is at stake if Muslims and Christians do not make peace with each other.

In an unprecedented open letter signed by 138 leading Muslim scholars from every sect of Islam, the Muslims plead with Christian leaders "to come together with us on the common essentials of our two religions."

The Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams, and Pope Benedict are believed to have been sent copies of the document which calls for greater understanding between the two faiths.

The letter also spells out the similarities between passages of the Bible and the Koran.

The Muslim scholars state: "As Muslims, we say to Christians that we are not against them and that Islam is not against them - so long as they do not wage war against Muslims on account of their religion, oppress them and drive them out of their homes."

The phrasing has similarities to the New Testament passage: "He that is not with me is against me" - a passage used by President George Bush when addressing a joint session of Congress nine days after 9/11.

The Royal Aal al-Bayt Institute for Islamic Thought, a non-governmental organisation based in Amman, Jordan, has organised the letter.

The Institute said: "This historic letter is intended by its 138 signatories as an open invitation to Christians to unite with Muslims over the most essential aspects of their respective faiths - the principles of love of one God and love of the neighbour.

"It is hoped that the recognition of this common ground will provide the followers of both faiths with a shared understanding that will serve to defuse tensions around the world."

It continues: "Finding common ground between Muslims and Christians is not simply a matter for polite ecumenical dialogue between selected religious leaders.

"Together they (Muslims and Christians) make up more than 55 per cent of the population, making the relationship between these two religious communities the most important factor in contributing to meaningful peace around the world. If Muslims and Christians are not at peace, the world cannot be at peace."

Among those launching the letter in the UK will be David Ford, Regius Professor of Divinity, and Fellow of Selwyn College, University of Cambridge and founding director of the Cambridge Inter-Faith Programme.

Aref Ali Nayed, a leading theologian and senior adviser to the Inter-Faith Programme, will also take part at the event in central London.

Reader views (7) Add your view

Perhaps if they'd generally practice what they claim is a peaceful religion we might have a bit more 'faith' in them.
    - James, London

Sounds a bit like "Make peace with us or we'll kill you."
    - R M, London, UK

Have I got this right the Muslim leaders are saying be friends with us or else the world will not survive or can I without fear of prosecution suggest that this is a nicely put threat to infidels as we are known.
    - Pat, Sussex

Religion is simply politics in another form; it is about controlling and manipulating the masses. My atheist point of view.

These so called Muslim scholars however, are preaching to the wrong people. Clean up the mess in your own backyard first.
    - Frank, Home Counties, England

It's a bit rich isn't it? Remove the log from your own eye before taking the speck out of mine.
    - Squiz, Islington

Even as a 'non-believer' I am totally in support of this approach. There are radicals on both sides who are hell-bent on destabilisation and mass deaths of innocents. Politicians have shown they are completely incapable of solving this conflict -- indeed they seem intent on aggrevating the situation. If religious leaders can take a unified moral position here, then they should be welcomed.
    - Philip, London, England

How about we just ban fairy tales and then they'll be no religion and thus no war, then everyone can concentrate on the important things in life.
    - Trevor Roll, London

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/arti ... article.do
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I DONT THINK IT IS CHRISTIANS WHO ARE MAKING WAR WITH MUSLIMS. IT IS THE OTHER WAY AROUND. WHY DONT MUSLIMS MAKE PEACE WITH CHRISTIANS? THEY CANT BEGIN BY NOT KILLING ANY MORE CHRISTIANS....THAT WOULD BE A GOOD START.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MASTERMIND OF FIRST TWIN TOWERS ATTACK CLAIMS HE HAS CONVERTED TO CHRISTIANITY

Thu Oct 11 2007 13:19:11 ET

Ramzi Yousef, the mastermind of the first terrorist attack on the World Trade Center, claims he converted from Islam to Christianity, Scott Pelley reports in a story that brings viewers inside the secretive "Supermax" prison where he is being held. Pelley also reports that some 900 force feedings were performed on other al-Qaeda terrorists who went on repeated hunger strikes to protest conditions at the Colorado top-security federal prison. The 60 MINUTES segment will be broadcast Sunday Oct. 14 (7:30-9:00 PM, ET/7:00-9:00 PM, PT) on the CBS Television Network.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash6.htm

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Just so you know all ... I put this in the General Discussion area so I could scream at the top of my lungs...

"CAN WE SHUT THE FRICKEN BORDER DOWN NOW". LORD I CANNOT STAND OUR INCOMPETANT LEADERSHIP ONE MORE FRICKEN DAY

Religion is simply politics in another form; it is about controlling and manipulating the masses. My atheist point of view. These so called Muslim scholars however, are preaching to the wrong people. Clean up the mess in your own backyard first.
    - Frank, Home Counties, England
    I agree wholeheartedly.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Prominent Muslim scholars are warning that the "survival of the world" is at stake if Muslims and Christians do not make peace with each other.

Such arrogance from these "prominent Muslim scholars". Perhaps they should have a long talk with the radical terrorist members of their faith instead of making veiled threats to Christians.

Terrorist's Conversion to Christianity

CCUSA sez:
    Ramzi Yousef, the mastermind of the first terrorist attack on the World Trade Center, claims he converted from Islam to Christianity, Scott Pelley reports in a story that brings viewers inside the secretive "Supermax" prison where he is being held.

Friend, I hope you don't believe that garbage from CBS; if you do, I know of a bridge in New York City that you can buy.

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail

Make peace with us or survival of the world is at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by thisislondon.co.uk
    Is that a prediction or a threat? No matter, it's a lie. Revelation 19 says that Jesus will come again a second time in power and great glory to wipe the beast (the revived Roman Empire, the one-world government) and the false prophet off the face of the planet and into the lake of fire. Then He will reign for 1000 years of PEACE, not just submission or subjection.
    Muslims plead with Christian leaders "to come together with us on the common essentials of our two religions."
    The Lord Jesus Christ, who suffered and died on the cross for the sins of the whole world, the Savior of sinners, has nothing in common with that religion or that false god.
    ...the document which calls for greater understanding between the two faiths.
    We already understand such "faith" in the devil very well. Jesus said, "The thief comes only to steal, to kill, and to destroy. I came that [My sheep] might have life, and have it more abundantly."
    The letter also spells out the similarities between passages of the Bible and the Koran.
    Plagiarism? The Bible was completed in the first century; the Qu'ran was recited in 610 AD.
    The Muslim scholars state: "As Muslims, we say to Christians that we are not against them and that Islam is not against them - so long as they do not wage war against Muslims on account of their religion, oppress them and drive them out of their homes."
    Tell it to the children whose parents were burned to death in the Twin Towers. After 1385 years of terror, conquest, war, rape, murder, and genocide - and that's not including what Muslims have done to Jews - I don't think there is anyone on earth with a sixth grade education and not on drugs that believes these scholars' "peaceful intentions."
    The Royal Aal al-Bayt Institute for Islamic Thought... said: "This historic letter is intended by its 138 signatories as an open invitation to Christians to unite with Muslims over the most essential aspects of their respective faiths - the principles of love of one God and love of the neighbour.
    "The gods of the nations are idols." Don't try to confuse a false god with YHWH, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the Lord Jesus Christ, and the blessed Holy Spirit Whom God has given to those who obey Him. The only "love of the neighbour" that we "infidels" see in Muslims is, "Slay the infidels wherever you find them."

"Begone, Satan. Worship the Lord thy God, and serve only Him."
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

Welcome Hardball!

Rawhide!

Sounds exactly like a threat to me. How dare they threaten us? They are the ones killing in the name of their religion. How about they stop planning and carrying out terror attacks on our soldiers, Christians and Jews?

They could also stop demanding everything when they move to our country. How about assimilate and realize that we celebrate Christmas and Halloween? Don't tale a job at Target or anywhere else there is pork. You are not entitled to come here and change our way of life. If we tried to do that in their country we would be killed. Wake up America-they are here to take over and want us all to be living under Sharia Law. I mean it is becoming bad here but England is still worse. This needs to change.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast