Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Coulrophobe
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarhighwolf
    McDonalds is being sued for providing toys in their happy meals.

I'm pretty sure you can find a lawyer that will sue a business for discriminating against English only employees.

o.o fast google brought up a Hospital being sued for English-only rule, I wonder how many more will I find if I keep looking?

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=e ... da26d1a6ec

A hospital, a school and the salvation army are all on the front page. All being sued for English only rule.
    Well, considering that this is anti-MD lawsuit originates from SF is no surprise whatsoever. I think plenty of businesses will leave SF when the SHTF and the control freaks who run that spithole eventually destroy it by enacting endless burdensome regulations.

In addition, while I find it despicable that any business would choose to discriminate against English-speaking customers I believe that private-property owners have every right to use their property as they choose.

Discrimination is very anti-business and those businesses that choose to discriminate will only harm their reputations and discourage further business interactions which will lead eventually to profit losses and regret for such behavior.
    While I agree that private property owners SHOULD have every right to use their property as they choose, they do NOT.

http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-articl ... ion_laws-i

There are a number of federal laws that prohibit discrimination in the workplace. Most apply to select employers but a few apply to virtually all employers. The main laws that employers should be aware of are:

* Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
    * The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
    * The Equal Pay Act
    * The Immigration and Reform and Control Act, and
    * The American with Disabilities Ac
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Besides Fed laws, each State has their own laws as well.

I'm pretty sure you can find a lawyer that will sue a business for discriminating against English only employees.

o.o fast google brought up a Hospital being sued for English-only rule, I wonder how many more will I find if I keep looking?

A hospital, a school and the salvation army are all on the front page. All being sued for English only rule.
    Well, considering that this is anti-MD lawsuit originates from SF is no surprise whatsoever. I think plenty of businesses will leave SF when the SHTF and the control freaks who run that spithole eventually destroy it by enacting endless burdensome regulations.

In addition, while I find it despicable that any business would choose to discriminate against English-speaking customers I believe that private-property owners have every right to use their property as they choose.

Discrimination is very anti-business and those businesses that choose to discriminate will only harm their reputations and discourage further business interactions which will lead eventually to profit losses and regret for such behavior.
    While I agree that private property owners SHOULD have every right to use their property as they choose, they do NOT.

http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-articl ... ion_laws-i

There are a number of federal laws that prohibit discrimination in the workplace. Most apply to select employers but a few apply to virtually all employers. The main laws that employers should be aware of are:

* Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
    * The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
    * The Equal Pay Act
    * The Immigration and Reform and Control Act, and
    * The American with Disabilities Ac
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Besides Fed laws, each State has their own laws as well.
    Unfortunately, most those listed laws are completely unconstitutional but due to the distortion of the U.S. Constitution the federal gov't has complete control over nearly everything.

I do agree that most of those laws should be dealt with at a local level if even discussed.

So we are losing our language too? Is it not a requirement that in order to gain citizenship they must learn the english language???? We don't go around speaking every language of every immigrant whoever came here. It was the english language that tied all cultures together. So why cater to hispanics?

It is not fair or right that any American citizen should be forced to learn a foreign language in their own country unless they are directly dealing with foreigners for business. But in schools or factories and stores? Come on! How can we let these people get away with so much for so long?

Quote Originally Posted by Watson
    I, on the other hand, will encourage a boycott of any private business that requires people to learn Spanish when irrelevant.
    I won't buy from any Spanish-speaking store period. I see no reason to support the illegal invasion directly or indirectly.
    I'm with you! I have seen too much for too long and have had it!!!

It is the American taxpayer that is forced to spend more money through ESL classes from the first grade on to make these IA kids bilingual.

We are forced to spend more to educate Illegal Alien and Anchor Baby children than we spend to educate OUR OWN!

Then we who are Americans that speak ONLY ENGLISH are pushed aside in the job market?

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We had better fight for English to be the primary language. Never before have we had to cater to immigrants legal, or otherwise the way we do the spanish speaking population. At 52 years of age, I have never been forced to be bilingual to get a job. I have never seen so many signs all over the place in another language. Who left their country? It wasn't me!!

thank god there wasn't an applicant who spoke spanish when i applied for my job, because if there had i wouldn't have gotten it!

and today i was coloring my hair ( to celebrate) and had to keep flipping the instructions over to find the english!

LOL Yeah I hate to have to flip through to find my own language too.

It's one thing to be a melting pot of cultures, it is quite another for one to take over and be catered to above the country's own citizens. All other cultures had respect and learned english.

I'm telling you people if you don't fight for English to be the primary language, get used to seeing spanish everywhere and I do mean everywhere. We defeated the dream act, we can take our language back!!!

I think they could have a racketeering lawsuit filed against them for conspiring to drive down American's wages by conspiring to hire illegal aliens. It's been successfully used against other companies.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    And until people start filing million dollar lawsuits for discrimination , this will continue
    As much as I despise the notion of businesses requiring Spanish-language fluency I must disagree with you on filing lawsuits for discrimination.

As a strong believer in private-property rights. I believe that we must realize that those who own their private property (be they businesses or homes) have every right to set the rules for employment and anything that occurs within their privately-owned property.

They should be prohibited from offering illegals work or knowingly providing shelter for illegals.

I, on the other hand, will encourage a boycott of any private business that requires people to learn Spanish when irrelevant.
    They CANNOT require you to speak a foreign language to qualify for a job. Unless It Is directly related to the business like a "translator" or something.... You CAN sue the employer for discrimination.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast