Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I know many of you have heard or read the following statement, but it is worthy of revisiting.

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people"

He further stated at another speech "Let us say to the immigrant not that we hope he will learn English, but that he has got to learn it. Let the immigrant that does not learn it go back. He has got to consider the interest of the United States or he should not stay here. He must be made to see that his opportunities in this country depend on his knowing English and of observing American standards. The employer cannot be permitted to regard him only as an industrial asset".

Believe it or not over 100 years ago, it was the Germans who were attempting to hijack the English language. Today it is the Latinos. 100 years from now it may be the Chinese.

When controlling the borders and illegal alien legislation again appears for discussion on the House floor in 2011, I want John Boehner to read the above Theodore Roosevelt statement verbatim, and I want him to repeat it as often as he has to until they get it. This should be the attitude and mind set of any sitting president in our White House. This situation is not new. 100 years ago our leaders had the brains to address it or we would all be speaking German!

Banned
    Its sickening that we're losing our language. I got so sick of so much of the garbage with immigration and the simple fact as a disabled vet I can barely afford to live in the US let alone a good quality but everything is handed to immigrants especially illegals.

I remember back when I was in school languages offered were commonly Japanese, French, and German as the 3 secondary languages. However today you can barely find a school teaching another language other then Spanish while the Department of Education says the secondary language offering the most advantages today is now Chinese instead of Japanese like 10 years ago.

Now I see in many schools schoolwork can be turned in in english or spanish. All government officers have spanish interpretors in mass and are actually looking to only hire spanish or english/spanish speaking workers.

We need a law stating to get a permanent green card one needs to be 12th grade English level in fluency and to even recieve any immigrant visa one must be able to pass a basic English exam. Also take away Spanish completely from Schools. Its a deadbeat language that will never amount to improving ones future career potential in school. Want to learn Spanish go to a private tutor or learn at home.

Quote Originally Posted by escalade
    Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907"We have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people"[/i]
    Congressman Luis Gutierrez said that his loyalty is to the immigrant community.
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    And until people start filing million dollar lawsuits for discrimination , this will continue
    you are 100 % right the law is English that goes for japanes & Chinese & every one your in Our country Now English Only if you don't like it get the hell Out I go to china town. In NYC . I don't understand them at all it just like mexico . get the hell Out & as for the green card . I would stop the green card also it just another Pass . to get what they want . & I don't by that at all
    No Amnesty No Amnesty
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    Quote Originally Posted by Coulrophobe
    Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    And until people start filing million dollar lawsuits for discrimination , this will continue
    As much as I despise the notion of businesses requiring Spanish-language fluency I must disagree with you on filing lawsuits for discrimination.

As a strong believer in private-property rights. I believe that we must realize that those who own their private property (be they businesses or homes) have every right to set the rules for employment and anything that occurs within their privately-owned property.

They should be prohibited from offering illegals work or knowingly providing shelter for illegals.

I, on the other hand, will encourage a boycott of any private business that requires people to learn Spanish when irrelevant.
    They CANNOT require you to speak a foreign language to qualify for a job. Unless It Is directly related to the business like a "translator" or something.... You CAN sue the employer for discrimination.
    Topsecret, I don't understand...If people are suing because of the english only rule, how can we sue for having to be bilingual? How is it that so many companies are getting away with the bilingual thing? I'm not talking about translaters, or anyone dealing directly with foreigners for business, I mean like a simple manufacturing or similar job.

Quote Originally Posted by Syanis
    Its sickening that we're losing our language. I got so sick of so much of the garbage with immigration and the simple fact as a disabled vet I can barely afford to live in the US let alone a good quality but everything is handed to immigrants especially illegals.

I remember back when I was in school languages offered were commonly Japanese, French, and German as the 3 secondary languages. However today you can barely find a school teaching another language other then Spanish while the Department of Education says the secondary language offering the most advantages today is now Chinese instead of Japanese like 10 years ago.

Now I see in many schools schoolwork can be turned in in english or spanish. All government officers have spanish interpretors in mass and are actually looking to only hire spanish or english/spanish speaking workers.

We need a law stating to get a permanent green card one needs to be 12th grade English level in fluency and to even recieve any immigrant visa one must be able to pass a basic English exam. Also take away Spanish completely from Schools. Its a deadbeat language that will never amount to improving ones future career potential in school. Want to learn Spanish go to a private tutor or learn at home.
    That gets me extremely upset too Syanis. Our vets ceratinly deserve more than they are getting and these illegals boldly demand more and more and have all their needs met. I have seen the tears of an elerly woman who was denied help with her extensive medical bills because she made 3.00 over the poverty limit. All the while illegal women lie and say they are a single income household with x number of kids, and their boyfriends are bringing in good money making their combined total income way over the poverty limit. They lie cheat and steal.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiara
    Quote Originally Posted by Syanis

That gets me extremely upset too Syanis. Our vets ceratinly deserve more than they are getting and these illegals boldly demand more and more and have all their needs met. I have seen the tears of an elerly woman who was denied help with her extensive medical bills because she made 3.00 over the poverty limit. All the while illegal women lie and say they are a single income household with x number of kids, and their boyfriends are bringing in good money making their combined total income way over the poverty limit. They lie cheat and steal.
    My mother DIED because she made too much In the prior year because we sold one of her houses Her real INCOME was under 21,000.00 and they used an 85,000.00 dollar figure from the sale of her house She needed Tarceva,which was over 4,000.00 per month. She died two weeks after finally being approved through Genentech. 3 months went by from the time that she was approved until she finally got the drug.... by then It was too late..... All Illegals NEED TO BE DEPORTED NOW

Topsecret, it is stories like your own that make me want to scream. How dare the illegals get catered to and have all their needs met while your Mother and so many of our legal, law abiding citizens get screwed over. I am so sorry to hear about your Mom! I have trouble sleeping at night and all this illegal immigration stuff just overwhelms me.

Too many years of being invaded. Too many tears and sleepless nights for our dear citizens. It has to stop now! How much more are we expected to take? Havn't we lost enough lives due to unchecked illegal immigration? Havn't our people suffered enough? Where are our jobs? Where is our language? When will this nightmare end?

You know TS my Mom nearly died from eating strawberries from mexico
    they were full of pesticides she wore a bag for several yrs. because of it and is still no where near a 100% I'm sorry dude. Between that and my job, sorry I can't feel where you're comin' from Essay!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    You know TS my Mom nearly died from eating strawberries from mexico
    they were full of pesticides she wore a bag for several yrs. because of it and is still no where near a 100% I'm sorry dude. Between that and my job, sorry I can't feel where you're comin' from Essay!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast