Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Must Be Bilingual To Get factory job

It keeps popping up in job searches. Many companies now require that you speak english and spanish to get a simple factory job!!!!

This infuriates me, that there are so many missed job opportunities for an American citizen. Is it not a requirement of immigrants to speak English in order to gain citizenship? So why are we forced to speak a foreign language in our own country? I'm assuming that it is because the workers are either illegal or too damned lazy to speak the language of the country they moved to.

I am in Rhode island and nowhere near any border State. These people are being catered to on so many levels and we are forced to take it.

I'm in Illinois and young people here need to speak Spanish to work at McDonald's. The kitchen workers, however, do not need to learn English.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, considering that those are privately-run companies they should be allowed to decide the employment rules but they're certain to discourage plenty of employment by requiring any knowledge of the Spanish language.

Maybe when the recession worsens--which it certainly will--there'll be fewer illegals and less incentive to require any knowledge of Spanish.

nothing new for N.Y. N.J. area

Where I used to live in N.J. there is a five mile or more Avenue with hundreds of store. In the early sixties stores started to put up signs saying "Must speak English to apply" Now you can not work in any of the stores unless you speak Spanish. Actually you can't even shop in them since no one can communicate with you. I've seen jobs for Hospitals etc. in this area which state "must be bi-lingual to apply".

Banned
    And until people start filing million dollar lawsuits for discrimination , this will continue

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    And until people start filing million dollar lawsuits for discrimination , this will continue
    As much as I despise the notion of businesses requiring Spanish-language fluency I must disagree with you on filing lawsuits for discrimination.

As a strong believer in private-property rights. I believe that we must realize that those who own their private property (be they businesses or homes) have every right to set the rules for employment and anything that occurs within their privately-owned property.

They should be prohibited from offering illegals work or knowingly providing shelter for illegals.

I, on the other hand, will encourage a boycott of any private business that requires people to learn Spanish when irrelevant.

Banned
    I think your wrong , you cannot discriminate against age , religion , language , race or national origin

Unless your white, and English only and American

then you can discriminate all you want with the blessings of our govt

McDonalds is being sued for providing toys in their happy meals.

I'm pretty sure you can find a lawyer that will sue a business for discriminating against English only employees.

o.o fast google brought up a Hospital being sued for English-only rule, I wonder how many more will I find if I keep looking?

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=e ... da26d1a6ec

A hospital, a school and the salvation army are all on the front page. All being sued for English only rule.

I, on the other hand, will encourage a boycott of any private business that requires people to learn Spanish when irrelevant.
    I won't buy from any Spanish-speaking store period. I see no reason to support the illegal invasion directly or indirectly.
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by sugarhighwolf
    McDonalds is being sued for providing toys in their happy meals.

I'm pretty sure you can find a lawyer that will sue a business for discriminating against English only employees.

o.o fast google brought up a Hospital being sued for English-only rule, I wonder how many more will I find if I keep looking?

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=e ... da26d1a6ec

A hospital, a school and the salvation army are all on the front page. All being sued for English only rule.
    Well, considering that this is anti-MD lawsuit originates from SF is no surprise whatsoever. I think plenty of businesses will leave SF when the SHTF and the control freaks who run that spithole eventually destroy it by enacting endless burdensome regulations.

In addition, while I find it despicable that any business would choose to discriminate against English-speaking customers I believe that private-property owners have every right to use their property as they choose.

Discrimination is very anti-business and those businesses that choose to discriminate will only harm their reputations and discourage further business interactions which will lead eventually to profit losses and regret for such behavior.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast