Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

that good one American.... glad I'm not the only one that gets annoyed witht hat.

I come across people who speak Spanish and other languages a lot on my Xbox 360 when I play on Xbox Live.. For those who do not know what this is, it's a gaming system that you can play against other people and communicate via a headset with a mic.. And I play this thing everyday, lots and lots.. Anyways, you come across all kinds of people, but when I join a room that is intended for those who speak English, it ticks me off if someone speaks some other language.. And a lot of times, they'll do it when one or more people are there whom speak Spanish.

Depending on the game and if I'm hosting the "room" or not, I may or may not have the capability to kick them out so they can't play with me and my other players. But if I'm not host and I can't kick them out, I just annoy the crap out of them. I don't know any Spanish, but I can mimic it in a comedic manner.. Trust me, they get the hint and most understand enough English to understand what I'm doing...

But my annoyance of others speaking different language around me didn't start just recently. When I was in college, there would be many occassions where you'd have people from other countries speaking in different languages. Like in a computer lab or library.. Very annoying..

What I like to do, is sometimes when I drive by my local car wash I roll down the window and yell "La Migra!! La Migra!!" and watch all the illegals scatter.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

im sure this is a re-post but the guy gets the truck load of ILLEGALS and takes them to the INS office.

one word.

Priceless

-18B

Re: My JC Penny's Shopping Victory

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    I have to share my little victory with all of you.

On my lunch hour today I went to J.C. Penny's (if you don't have this retailer in your city, they're a department store chain) to do a little shopping.

Anyway, the overhead radio was playing a Spanish station (as usual), and (again, as usual), most of the shoppers were Hispanics speaking Spanish.

Not in a mood for this today, I started to get more annoyed than usual at how LOUD people who speak Spanish are (seriously, it just seems to me that they bellow).

So there were these three women (with a baby in a stroller) all talking a mile a mintue to each other, very loudly, in Spanish. So what did I do? I took my cell phone out of my purse and pretended to be on a phone call. I talked very loudly and very fast. I shadowed the women as they went from department to department, all the while carrying on with my fake phone conversation.

After awhile I could tell the women were getting annoyed with me, as they were giving me dirty looks. But I just kept on talking, and finally, they left the store.

I felt victorious!!!
    Americangirl,

Great idea and great action! Thanks for the ideas and I will try them out some time soon.

Besides the obnoxious loud speaking in Espanol, many of the parents ignore their children while they run all over the place in stores/other public settings. My children are older now, but besides using your cell phone tactic, I'm thinking of instructing my kids to RUN WILD whenever we see other obnoxious parents who don't have the respect of others to rein in THEIR UNRULY children. Then again, I can display one heck of a nasty temper tantrum myself so whose to say I have to behave myself if others don't.

NOTE: To respect other polite people, I will only use these tactics on other RUDE people, not innocent bystanders.

Annie
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Banned
    Maybe the store should change its name to J.C. Centavo just so that Americans aren't confused into thinking that English would be spoken in a store in an American city...

I was just in San Diego fishing and visiting my daughter and granddaughter. I drove all the way from Carlsbad to Santee one afternoon just to get a carne-asada burrito at a place I used to love. The owner who is a nice guy wasn't there. There was a sullen girl who barely spoke English who took my order and gave me my change while a skinny unsmiling probable illegal made my burrito. When she gave me my change I put a dollar in the tip jar like I always do. When the cook finished my burrito he put it on a styrofoam plate and slapped it on the counter. It's hard to analyze or describe an unfriendly gesture but this was definitely one. I just reached in the tip jar took my dollar back and left the burrito sitting on the counter. I had an In and out double double instead it was delicious. I'll never go to the taco shop again.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Maybe the store should change its name to J.C. Centavo...
    CG your so bad and that was good.

andyt, Your right, don't go back. Receiving poor service is bad enough and it's even worse if you believe it is because of illegal immigration.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Americangirl,
    I told you were a lioness!
    ROOAARRR!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I refuse to shop at Sears anymore because the last time I was there, about 9 months ago, they played a ten minute long advertisement over the PA in Spanish. I told the sales lady who was near me, "That's it for me. I'm out of here for good." She said, "Imagine how I feel, I have to stay here." I'm happy to say that I"ve kept my word too.

People will sell their souls for votes or sales. Nobody can stand their ground anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    I refuse to shop at Sears anymore because the last time I was there, about 9 months ago, they played a ten minute long advertisement over the PA in Spanish. I told the sales lady who was near me, "That's it for me. I'm out of here for good." She said, "Imagine how I feel, I have to stay here." I'm happy to say that I"ve kept my word too.

People will sell their souls for votes or sales. Nobody can stand their ground anymore.
    Sears is bad here in Raleigh and I know people that will not go back in there because of the Spanish they play on their loudspeakers.

W

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast