We do what we can...

I live in Waukegan, IL where 50%+ of our population has become hispanic and a documented 68% of our school population is hispanic. I have heard estimates of 10,000+ illegals reside here. Here's ideas you can use if you have a handheld scanner;

1. I was driving and noticed a cop car do a u-turn to come towards our way of traffic. There was a van in front of me in the adjacent lane with Wisconsin plates (a pretty sure sign in our town they are illegals) look all jumpy and turn their heads toward the cop car -which luckily for them goes by. As I catch up to them I hold my scanner up like a two-way radio, speak, and look sternly at them. I saw naked fear...

2. Whoa, I got a taste of what it's like to be looked at like a cop for a whole minute. Okay, I'll admit it I had my scanner on in the car (loud...). This van with two hispanic ladies and 4 or 5 kids was next to me at a light. The woman on my side looked at me with fear, turned around and told the others (I understand Spanish, but don't speak it well) to put their seatbelts on. I then watched 'sternly' as all occupants but on their belts.

It was a very odd feeling...

3. Beware of the POWER of the scanner! I went out to get some lunch today. I'm driving down the road when a car with Wisconsin plates (get my drift) pulls directly in front of me, the other lane was open. He proceeded to drive at 25 mph. I'd have gone around him but my turn was in two blocks. I don't know what possessed me but I lifted up my scanner and held it to my mouth like a walkie-talkie. The guy looked at me in his mirror, put his turn signal on, and got out of my way!!