Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar

My Letter to Oregons Senators (up for re-election)

This is my letter(s) to Oregon Senators Ron Wyden and Gordon Smith, neither of which have the subject of illegal immigration on their sites as pertinent or important subjects. I am hoping to get as many signatures as possible in a non-partisan signature gathering. I decided simply to state it how the citizens feel about this subject and what we will do if they continue to ignore the will of their voters.
    Heres my letter:

Senator Ron Wyden
    230 Dirksen Senate
    Washington, D.C. 20510

Sentor Gordon Smith
    404 Russell Building
    Washington, D.C. 20510

Dear Senator Wyden/Smith,

It is dissappointing ti find that you do not support controls on illegal immigration.

The State of Oregon has found recently that it has a budget shortfall of $172,000,000,00 (that's 172 million). That is an astounding amount of money to be short. It hurts all citizens of this state.

Let's examine why there would possibly be such a huge amount of money as a shortfall. Are you aware that State of Oregon employees at the local level, never check for legal status when a person is applying for assistance? Do they check for actual legal documents at all? From what we have learned, no they do not.

This can only mean that illegal aliens all over our state have been receiving state services that are intended for legal citizens. This is where Oregons shortfall has happened.

As well, let's address Oregons educational system. Classes are overcrowded and services are consistently being cut, programs for our youth going out the window because there is not enough funding for them. Why is this, the schools have been inundated with children of illegals. These illegals do not support the schools with their tax money as they usually derive their incomes from "under the table" wages, thus they are not subjected to taxes and then our schools have more children to educate with no more funding to support that need.

The Federal government has the "No Child Left Behind" act, however as a parent myself, I can vouch that there are many of Oregon's children ;eft behind, mine were, they are now being homeschooled in order to ensure they receive a better education.

So with the basic knowledge that our children are falling farther behind in education, our schools are struggling financially, our state is handing out licenses and benefits to illegal aliens, thus causing a huge budget shortfall, then why are our senators not voting to reign in illegal immigration and to do something to enforce our federal laws ragarding immigration?

We voters have a choice if yo do not start listening to the majority of voters who want illegal immigration stopped, our borders secured, employers of illegals penalized and our laws on immigration enforced. We have the right to choose someone who will do this job that WE voted you in for, it's as simple as that. Begin listening to the will of your voters, or you will be out of your job. This is America and the majority rules.

WITH SINCEREST REGARDS, YOUR OREGON VOTERS

*Now hopefully I can gather hundreds, maybe thousands of voters signatures. Wish me luck, I live in Liberal (uh, I mean Multnomah) county and people here like to beleive that if you want illegals out of the U.S. it's because you're a racist and they are known to get in your face and get nasty, but at this point I don't care. I want signatures. I'll hit the many VFW's, American Legion's, and places where the older set congregate, as well as the family types.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: My Letter to Oregons Senators (up for re-election)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth

*Now hopefully I can gather hundreds, maybe thousands of voters signatures. Wish me luck, I live in Liberal (uh, I mean Multnomah) county and people here like to beleive that if you want illegals out of the U.S. it's because you're a racist and they are known to get in your face and get nasty
    Tell these brainwashed lefties that one million Vietnamese immigrants support your position. You can also print out and show them the chart on our web page which shows that amnesty greatly increases Hispanic immigration and at the same time decreases non-Hispanic immigration. If that is not racist, then I don't know what is.

GO ELIZABETH!

GOOD FOR YOU , ELIZABETH. That's a great letter. I'll be praying for the safety of you and your children as you take these risky steps in your community.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

elizabeth - there is silent quiet support for this- I live in oregon and as I have passed out the flyers I have heard the Word : "Good" -
    yeah where the mexicans walk etc they tear them down -but many survive=
    still your letter is great-
    also this week Iam continuing to mail flyers to the newspapers listed in the yellow pages-
    if you have any suggstions about who you would like me to mail some too post them here . thanks

Good job Elizabeth for taking an idea and transforming it into positive action!

-S
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Thanks all. Tim I know of at least one guy my husband works with (who is Vietnamese) that supports our stand. I had my husband give him a card with your site written on it and he said quietly to my husband "I know about that", he smiled and walked away (you have to be careful in the workplace). I was glad to hear that, its good to know that I am not the only "race" of Americans that want ILLEGAL immigration stopped.

Being American is a privelage, whether or not you were born here, or came here, it is a privelage and WE do not need people coming here who only want the financial benefits of being in America in mind. I have seen the difference in the people and the lack of respect they have for this country and its people and culture (being American is a conglomeration of many cultures over our history). When groups like LaRaza scream "go back to Europe" it makes no sense as not a single one of us shares any similarities with Europeans, none of our modern cultural ways would be familiar to them, these things are truly American. Besides its total ignorance as many Americans have no European ancestry!!

Thelma, the only one paper besides the Oregonian would be the East County News (its an independent paper for East Multnomah county). They are fairly "conservative". If I can think of anything else I'll PM you.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)