Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

N.C. City Votes on Mexican IDs

Published November 12, 2010

A North Carolina city will vote on whether its police department will accept Mexican IDs.

The Durham City Council is planning a vote on Monday to determine if identification issued by Mexican government will be considered valid.

Supporters say the ID could be used in traffic stops to prove that people are who they say they are and could help Latinos in Durham trust the police more.

The ID cards are issued by the Mexican consulate in Raleigh. City Councilman Mike Woodard says Durham police already treat them as valid. He says the resolution is just a way of recognizing that.

But immigration reform group NC Listen says people who are in the country legally don't need the ID and the resolution sends the wrong message.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2 ... z1BgW42jiK
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    If the mexicans are here legally then they should have some form of ID. Every legal citizen here has some form of ID be it drivers license, ss card etc. If they are driving and don't have a license then they need to be brought into the station for ID check. Am not sure about the Mex ID thing though. It doesn't mean they are here legally or not.

This same illegal alien driving down NC road doesn't have insurance. And whose car is the illegal alien driving? Is this vehicle going to show up stolen once it is wrecked? So is there an aiding and abetting ring within in total car industries in North Carolina?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: N.C. City Votes on Mexican IDs

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer

Published November 12, 2010

A North Carolina city will vote on whether its police department will accept Mexican IDs.

The Durham City Council is planning a vote on Monday to determine if identification issued by Mexican government will be considered valid.

Supporters say the ID could be used in traffic stops to prove that people are who they say they are and could help Latinos in Durham trust the police more.

The ID cards are issued by the Mexican consulate in Raleigh. City Councilman Mike Woodard says Durham police already treat them as valid. He says the resolution is just a way of recognizing that.

But immigration reform group NC Listen says people who are in the country legally don't need the ID and the resolution sends the wrong message.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2 ... z1BgW42jiK

I say no don't accept Mex ID
    you should check them at first don't be a fool
    they may not have any insurance at all .
    I have a car I have Insurance first I have all state check them out I would Not acc Mex ID at all

tell them to go back to Mexico & get a DR LIc

No Amnesty
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mexican ID does not help latinos, it only helps mexican nationals who are in the US illegally and are full of fraud. This is discriminatory.

Passports are now required to enter the US, Canada, Mexico. Anyone without a passport from their home country or valid govt issued US drivers license should not be given special treatment to hide their illegal status.
    "

. . . .

Security issues
    According to Representative Scott Garrett, Republican of New Jersey, the use of the MCAS cards by undocumented migrants weakens the measures established by the U.S. Congress after "9/11 to safeguard American businesses and financial institutions against fraud and abuse".[4] U.S. law enforcement officials also cite that Matricula Consular cards are issued by Mexican Consulate without checking the authenticity of the applicant's supporting documentation. In testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) disclosed and reported that the Matricula Consular card is inherently unreliable and unverifiable as an identification card and is highly vulnerable to fraud, regardless of its security features.[12] The FBI reported that because Mexico lacks a centralized database for their CIDs, they are unable to prevent an individual from receiving multiple CIDs and cannot access information about a CID applicant's identity.[3] An FBI agent said that "Mexican consulates issued CID cards to individuals lacking any proof of identification, as long as they fill out a questionnaire and satisfy the consular official that they are who they claim to be."[3] U.S. Federal and local drug enforcement agents have discovered that numerous non-citizen narcotics traffickers obtain Matricula Consular cards using aliases and that their use in the United States presents the U.S. with a serious criminal threat.[12]

In a 2003 letter to the Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge by the U.S. House Chairmen of the Homeland Security Committee, the Judiciary Committee, the Appropriations Subcommittee on Homeland Security, and the Judiciary Subcommittee on Courts, the Internet, & Intellectual Property, it was written that the Matricula Consular "can be a perfect breeder document for establishing a false identity". They warned that criminals could exploit the cards to conceal their identity as well as launder money and write fraudulent checks. They went on to point out that any acceptance of the cards by the Federal government "compromises our homeland security" by providing an opportunity for terrorists to freely move about the U.S., board planes and transfer funds for terrorist activities.[5]

In January 2003, Nancy Pelosi, the ranking Democrat in the U.S. House of Representatives, pushed for a trial arrangement to give holders of Matricula Consular cards access to the Phillip Burton Federal Building in San Francisco.[13] Due to national security concerns, other members of congress later revoked the privilege by the summer of 2003. In response to this, Pelosi argued that the vote to restrict the use of the MatrÃ*cula Consular was "anti-Hispanic" and that "We in San Francisco know that the MatrÃ*cula Consular works".[14] The Matricula Consular card has been embraced by the Democratic Caucus.[15][16] The Mayor of San Francisco established a policy in December 2001 for the city and county of San Francisco to accept the Mexican CID as a valid form of ID. The mayor's office issued a press release stating that the card would prevent those in the Mexican immigrant community lacking an acceptable identification from being jailed or deported when committing minor offenses.[3]

The U.S. Department of Agriculture warned that the Matricula Consular card is not sufficient to determine legal immigration status nor eligibility for the U.S. Food Stamp Program. The department also advised that home addresses on these cards may not be current "given the potential mobility of this population".[1]

Bank on California, a program launched by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in December 2008, encourages financial institutions to accept the Mexican CID, Guatemalan CID and other CID cards as primary identification for opening bank accounts.[17]

Activists opposed to illegal immigration have shown that the High Security Mexican CID is subject to identity theft by even non-Mexican citizens by obtaining the Mexican IDs for U.S. citizens.[18]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matr%C3%ADcula_Consular
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Banned
    I agree. Passport ID is acceptable world wide. Other than that only a US issued ID and papers should be accepted here in the USA. I am also a firm believer that all states should have picture and fingerprint ID on drivers license.

I changed over my car insurance (same company) to my own insurance when I left my husband. My premiums were up-to-date, but that did NOT stop me from being blacklisted by NC and I had to PROVE I had insurance or would have been greatly fined. Why are they letting ILLEGALS off the hook? How are they getting away with driving without insurance? I was not able to get my license plate tags without proof. Anybody know?

Banned
    keekee...its because the latinos have shouteed loud and long that they now feel like they are above the law. They have been told by the latino press like the hispanicallyspeaking news..that they are the empowerd people who will control the nation. So why would a little thing like license tags and ID be a stop to them...they don't need no stinken license!!!!

Mexican IDs are valid.... we just needa accept where they are valid at and send them packing back to said place... aka Mexico.

Last I checked while Obama may disagree Mexico is NOT a US State.... their local documents are only good for determining illegal... only have a mexican ID (not a passport with a valid visa stamp), send em packing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast