Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I'm looking forward to the movie rankings at the end of the weekend. I hope Narnia has the top spot.

This may very well be a case like movies were back in the 80's and before that when they became popular AFTER they were put in theaters and not BEFORE due to marketing.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh now this ticks me off! This 'critic' makes it very clear why he does not like the film right off the bat!

---

Literary Fantasy Adaptation is Christian Tract
    by Scott Holleran

Disney's The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, based on the first in a series of children's books by C.S. Lewis, puts its religious ideasâ€â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

tms

Does anyone here think this movie might win some awards?
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

Wow, Narnia has made over 70 million dollars in the first 4 days.

http://boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?s ... -09&p=.htm

And on the first slow day of the week, Monday it dwarfed the number two movie SYRIANA 4 to 1 in sales.

What I'm most interested in is seeing how Narnia does against King Kong and how strong the 2nd weekend is.

Last I heard, King Kong had cost over 300,000 million to make.

Hollywood is doing the pre-movie HYPE on King Kong. The gamble is to make the movie appear to be popular before movie goers consider it a good movie. I remember back in the 80's and before when movies became popular AFTER they came out and not BEFORE.

It would be great to see books Ive loved and books by a renowned Christian author become the biggest movie of the Season.

Now that would send an undeniable message to Disney and other movie makers.

The Passion of the Christ had stronger first weekend sales of $83,848,082 but that was after massive contraversy before the release.

Narnia beat Star Wars Episode 1 Phantom Menace's opening weekend of $64,820,970.

W

I would love Narnia to win some awards. Unfortunately, seems the powers that be are fauning all over that cowboy movie.

My daughter said it was great, ya never know about the awards though...I'v been a C.S. Lewis fan for many many years, I would like to see one made based on "The Screwtape Letters" anyone here ever read that one?
    It's true I am only one, but I am one. And the fact that I can't do everything will not prevent me from doing what I can do

Edward Everett Hale

Barth,

You read my mind! Thing is that the Screwtape Letters are far to bold for today's movie environment. You would need a Mel Gibson to make such a movie.

But who knows, if Disney makes a fortune off of Narnia they might start to get it.

W

So much for the critics. They are so seldom right in picking what Americans will like.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12