Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Narnia: The Lion, the witch, and the wardrobe

I know it is a bit off topic but I just wanted to share a little movie review about Narnia The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe which opened today.

I first read the Chronicles of Narnia when I was about 12-13 years old. I rapidly became both a fan of these books and C. S. Lewis's other works.

I've been holding my breath about this movie because who knows what Disney will do.

Without ruining any surprises for you or your families, the movie was absolutely wonderful. It stayed very true to the book although Ive heard there are complaints already about the "religion" in the story.

Those complaints are probably coming from the same peanut gallery that wants "Holiday Trees"

The theater was packed and not only did most of the audience break into applause at the ending but parts of the audience started clapping during certain points within the body of the film.

Just a note to let my friends know that I was very happy to see they have done an excellent job with Narnia / The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

that is great, I cannot wait to go watch it. And the book is themed with religion, so it is only expected for it to have some. But thanks for the review.

Aracely.

Take a handkerchief. I believe some of the ladies in the audience were shedding a few tears.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh great, I am such a cry baby when it comes to movies.

Aracely

William,
    That book was one of my favorites as a child and was the beginning of my love of books till this day. I believe I read it 3 times.

It was so long ago I barely remember the story except for going into the wardrobe.

Now this is one movie that I will definitely go to see. Thanks for the heads up on the kleenex, I wish someone would have told me that before I went to see the play "Les Miserables".

We're going to see it Sunday. Thanks for letting us know your thoughts on it. I bought the soundtrack a few weeks ago and it's fantastic.

my favorite book and series from the age of 6.

Barnes and Nobles has the Chronicles combined into a large book now. I bought it and read the first two before seeing the movie.

The problem with the big book is that you can't hold it with one hand like you could the originals back in the day. The good thing is that all of the books are under one cover.

I highly recommend rereading the books as an adult. There are many concepts in the books that I did not understand as well as a child.

Also, many people think that the Lion Witch and Wardrobe is the first book when in fact it is not. The first book explains about who the professor is, how the wardrobe came to be, where the lamppost and witch came from etc....

I'm looking forward to hearing what you think after you see it. The crowd in my theater seemed like really nice people and there were many whole families in there.

I think that a lot of them were parents bringing their kids to see it because the parents had enjoyed the books.

W

This is the movie, that I saw on the News the other night. It was talking about how a lot of Churches are promoting it.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

My daughters entire class at school is going to see this movie.
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast