Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

'Native-born Americans' are finding it harder to find work

This is so wrong. Know well it's a major problem in CA too.
    ~~

'Native-born Americans' are finding it harder to find work
    By TCPalm Staff

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I’m a longtime resident of Martin County. Not being able to find work is becoming more common than you may think. For the past several months I have tried to find work — only to discover most employment opportunities are given to illegal immigrants.

I am a builder and construction worker by trade, but have worked other blue-collar jobs as needed to eke out a living. In the past within this area, one could have made a modest living until recently, in part due to the demand for construction, and the other due to the storms that have ravaged this area.

However, all that has changed for us “native-born Americans.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

There is also the language barrier in the job force now. Many jobs REQUIRE that you speak Spanish so that all members can communicate. the EEOC seemingly gos after English only policies but Spanish requirements are hunky dory.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The SAME holds TRUE for LEGAL residents like my Brazilian friend. She earned FOUR bachelor's degrees (science, psychology, education, foreign languages). And even though she speaks FIVE languages--including SPANISH and ENGLISH(the others are Portuguese, French, and German)--she TOO is REJECTED for BILINGUAL and MULTILINGUAL positions in Dallas, TX. She was SHOCKED to find that MANY multilingual jobs are held by ILLEGALS who CAN'T even READ their OWN language, MUCH less English! She wondered WHY. I explained to her that ALL the greedy employers were after was making BIG money and they DIDN'T care HOW it was done. Besides, I myself know Spanish and Portuguese as well as English, but have ALSO been refused multilingual employment. My friend argued that filling multilingual jobs with people who were NOT COMPETENT in the REQUIRED languages only insures POOR workmanship. Again I reminded my friend that the employers who do this DON'T care if the work is done POORLY; all such employers want is HUGE profits! She thought that was DISGUSTING, but she as well as I knew that absolutely NOTHING can be done about it!

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    There is also the language barrier in the job force now. Many jobs REQUIRE that you speak Spanish so that all members can communicate. the EEOC seemingly gos after English only policies but Spanish requirements are hunky dory.
    So true! I feel especially bad for the young folks that, because they can't afford four years of college, spend 3-4 grand on for these "business training" schools you see on commercials ("make great money as a fill in the blank in just 6 months"). The truth is, a spanish speaking 6th grade drop out has a better chance at these jobs, with ZERO training, than they do.

Quote Originally Posted by greyparrot
    Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    So true! I feel especially bad for the young folks that, because they can't afford four years of college, spend 3-4 grand on for these "business training" schools you see on commercials ("make great money as a fill in the blank in just 6 months"). The truth is, a spanish speaking 6th grade drop out has a better chance at these jobs, with ZERO training, than they do.
    I know, isn't it sickening? I happen to know a young person who spent 60K learning to bake at a culinary school. She is now earning the same thing her co-workers are and they were trained by the company.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Job discrimination will continue to happen unless there is something done about it. In the recent past, EEO laws were not enforced in part because busness owners don't like to hire less qualified individuals to satisfy these national standards. And so, the spanish speakers end up only hiring their own. Having the Bush administration hasn't helped either.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)