Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

News On Illegal Alieans

I find it interesting that seldom (if ever) does the news report if the person arrested is here illegally or not. In fact, unless the person is actually being arrested by ICE (which seldom happens) do they mention it.

We have the same problem here as well, boxersbear. In fact, I really think, based on the posts made by ALIPACer's from all over the country, this is the RULE--not the exception. It's like with almost EVERY CASE that we've stumbled across, we've had to PUSH to even GET that confirmation. AND, sometimes we NEVER find out. The ONLY way we were finally able to determine that this Hernandez MONSTER was illegal was that we FINALLY were able to get the detective to tell me that ICE had a "detainer" on him. Then I had to contact a BUNCH of people, including Congressman Coble's office, to find out what that even meant. So, it was a LONG time before the papers actually PRINTED THAT HE WAS ILLEGAL. It's like they WANT to hide it, isn't it???

Keep watching for your letter to the Editor and post it if they print it! Thanks for pursuing it.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

They do want to hide it because they don't want people to realize the large number of them that are committing crimes. It's like the two they found dead in the back of a truck at the Mexican Embassy in Raleigh. I never did hear that they were illegal or not, of which I'm certain they were. I haven't and won't see my letter in the News and Oblivious because as I said they won't print anything that's remotely negatimve about illegals. What I wish is that I had the money to start my own newspaper.

I spoke to a reporter in Charolotte today answering questions about this expensive propaganda piece the banks have put out about the economic benefit of all Hispanics.

I told her that they were trying to hide the cost of illegal aliens by doing an offensive race based study of all Hispanics.

I told her that these banks had a financial interest in promoting illegal immigration because they were giving out FHA taxpayer backed mortgages to illegal aliens.

She told me she would not include the part about the FHA loans in my quote.

I asked why not because that is exactly what I said. She claimed that she was working on that story but did not want to open that can of worms yet in this article.

To date, the Charlotte Observer still has not told their readers about Gilberto Cruz Hernandez's license, job, or loan.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

W, here's what she came up with:

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/ ... 544255.htm

Hispanics a boon to N.C. economy?

UNC researchers: Latinos pumped in $9.2 billion in 2004, but state's costs exceed taxes paid

STELLA M. HOPKINS AND FRANCO ORDOÑEZ shopkins@charlotteobserver.comfordonez@charlotteobserver.com

Banks turned down Tino Hernandez when he tried to borrow money 10 years ago to open his first Latino grocery in Charlotte, so he borrowed $8,000 against his Ford minivan.

"The banks said no, they didn't trust," Hernandez said. "They don't know the market."

Today, he has four stores, three bakeries and a grocery distribution warehouse, employing more than 80 people. And the banks call him.

Hernandez, who came to the U.S. from Mexico nearly 28 years ago, embodies several key points of a report released Tuesday detailing the economic impact of North Carolina's rapidly growing Hispanic community.

The state's Hispanic population is almost 20 percent larger than government estimates and contributed $9.2 billion to the economy in 2004, said researchers at UNC Chapel Hill's Kenan Institute. An estimated 600,913 N.C. Hispanics buy goods, generate demand for services and create jobs by opening businesses, as Hernandez did with his Carniceria La Mexicana stores.

Researchers said that nearly half the state's Hispanic population is illegal. They also found that the state spent $817 million providing Hispanics with key social services while collecting $756 million in taxes. That's a shortfall of $61 million, or $102 per person, the report said.

"I hope that most of us will see this as a half-full glass instead of a half-empty one," Armando Ortiz Rocha, the Consul of Mexico in Raleigh said after the report's release in Durham. "The impacts are $9 billion and the creation of so many jobs and the taxes they pay. That is very good news."

Ron Woodard, director of N.C. Listen, an immigration reform group, said that a larger population certainly spends more. But he worries that if illegal immigration isn't reduced, the cost burden on schools and health care will worsen.

He added: "The bigger issue is whether you're displacing an American and or driving down their wages."

Hot market, hot debate

The N.C. Bankers Association funded the research, paying nearly $140,000, said Paul Stock, executive vice president of the trade and lobbying group founded in 1897. Researchers will meet with bank members to discuss how the information might help them sell to Hispanics."This study quantifies for the first time the enormous economic contributions made by our state's Hispanic population, as well as pointing to a wide range of public policy issues and business opportunities to be explored," Thad Woodard, NCBA's CEO, said in a news release.

Immigration -- legal and illegal -- has been an increasingly contentious issue nationwide.

In the Charlotte area, the debate became especially emotional last year after two people were killed in traffic accidents allegedly caused by illegal immigrants driving drunk. U.S. Rep. Sue Myrick, R-N.C., of Charlotte, cited the crashes when calling for tougher immigration laws.

President Bush, while calling for stricter border controls, has been pushing a program that would allow illegal immigrants to continue working in the U.S.

Businesses see Hispanics as a hot market and a low-cost work force. Critics see a growing tax burden, especially for illegal immigrants, depressed wages and jobs taken from native-born citizens and legal residents.

William Gheen, president of Americans for Legal Immigration PAC in Raleigh, said bankers are "trying to capitalize on a black market." He also said that calculating costs without distinguishing between legal and illegal immigrants hides "the massive damage being caused by illegal immigrants by wrapping them up in the entire Hispanic population."

John Kasarda, Kenan's director and one of two lead researchers on the project, said the data is complex, and in some cases, he couldn't separate the two groups. He also said that research of this type requires using the best data and techniques, then applying good judgment to reach "reasonable conclusions."

Wayne Cooper, the state's longtime honorary Mexican consul and a member of the report's steering committee, said the directions to Kenan were clear.

"We said good, bad, or ugly, whatever it is, we want the facts."

Barriers to business loans

Tino Hernandez left Mexico for a construction job in California, then was transferred to Charlotte in 1993.

Hernandez, 43, says he told his wife, Esperanza, that the growing Latino community made the city a good place for a Hispanic grocery. But they needed money.

He took a second job, in a factory, and his wife worked, packaging batteries. The two saved $35,000, borrowed from a few friends and took a loan on their minivan to open their first grocery in 1996.

In 2002, the latest information available, North Carolina had 9,047 Hispanic-owned businesses, ringing up $1.8 billion in sales, the report said.
    Researchers found that language barriers, lack of credit history and other hurdles prevent Hispanics from opening and expanding businesses.

Hernandez said he has borrowed about $200,000 from banks as his business grew, but he says it's still tough for Latinos seeking loans.
    "It's a lot more hard for us because we don't speak very good English and still, they don't trust as much in the Latino community," he said.

Young work force

N.C. Hispanic workers make considerably lower wages than non-Hispanics, a big savings for consumers, the report said.Annual construction labor costs, for example, would have been nearly $1 billion higher without Hispanics. Up to 27,000 houses wouldn't have been built in the state in 2004, and a total of as much as $10 billion in construction wouldn't have been completed, researchers said.

The average age of Hispanics is lower than that of non-Hispanics, with more than half in their prime work years of 18 to 44, the report said. However, more than half the women also are of child-bearing age, and nearly 40 percent are 17 or younger.

With so many Hispanic women able, or soon able, to give birth "the potential for rapid Hispanic growth...is significant," the report said. That could increase the burden on social services, concerns that Kasarda
    called legitimate. But he said the economic benefits outweigh those costs.

Ricardo Arevalo, owner of a small Charlotte construction company, welcomed the report, saying he hoped the data would help policymakers.
    "You need to show them proof ... so they can be convinced that we are part of a solution," said Arevalo, who emigrated from El Salvador and owns Nasa Drywall. He added that he has health insurance for himself, his wife, and their 3-year-old son.

"I never use any single penny of the government," he said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR THE FULL REPORT Visit www.ncba.com or www.kenaninstitute.unc.edu.

Taxes and Spending

UNC Chapel Hill researchers estimated that North Carolina spent $61 million more than it collected in taxes to provide Hispanics with key social services in 2004. That's an average of $102 for each of the 600,913 Hispanics that researchers estimated live in the state. Total taxes paid by Hispanics, including sales, property and personal income tax tallied $756 million. But the state spent $817 million on three primary services typically used to gauge the cost of immigrant populations. Here's a breakdown:
    $467 million: Public-school education
    $299 million: Health care
    $51 million: Prison and other corrections
    Hispanics in N.C.
    Here are some key findings from the Hispanic economic-impact report by UNC Chapel Hill:
    • Hispanics accounted for 27.5 percent of the state's population growth from 1990 to 2004.
    • Hispanics accounted for 57 percent of public school enrollment growth in the past five years.
    • Hispanics make up 7 percent of the state's population, up from 1.1 percent in 1990.
    • Mecklenburg's Hispanic community grew by 21,475 people since 2000, the largest number statewide.
    • At nearly 70 percent, Union County experienced the highest percentage population growth, followed by Cabarrus at 59 percent. Gaston's Hispanic population increased nearly 55 percent.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

You'll note not only does she omit the FHA taxpayer backed loans but also failed to mention that the study was done in cooperation with the Mexican Consulate of Raleigh, N.C.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just posted that story under "News Stories". TOTAL BULL.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

added to homepage with a note

http://www.alipac.us/article951.html

I first heard the report on Time Warner's 14 news. They left out the part about how "Hispanics" depressed wages or that they cost the state over $60 million. They did mention that Hispanics took 1 in 3 new jobs, but didn't bring up the fact that meant those were jobs North Carolinians could be doing. My biggest hope is that people will see through the smoke and not be swayed into thinking that having illegals here is good for the economy. Will 11 million people in the US out of work it's time we took back those jobs lost to "Hispanics" (read illegals). Also I hope that those Hipanics that are here legally, or citizens will be out raged to be put into the same catagory as those here illelgally.
    Hey I doubt it on both points but I can hope.

Lastly, even if "Hispanics" are keeping costs down, if they are alos keeping wages down what differance does it make? If you don't have money to buy anything it doesn't matter how cheap it is.

I heard this UNC Kenan Business school money whore peddling the virtues of illegal immigration and lawbreaking on the Bill Lumaye Show on WPTF 680 AM. This dope is simply a bought and paid for bagman for greedy, cheapskate scumbag business interests that want a continued supply of "cheap" illegal labor as well as an illegal underground labor force to compete with and undercut legal and legitimate business interests while banking the substantial profits breaking US immigration and labor laws includes. Only this time, the thieves, liars, and crooks in the illegal alien business alliance bought themselves a survey to make their criminality appear reasoned and legitimate.

Unfortunately for those scumbags, the massive costs of illegal immigration and the dire social consequences it creates cannot be denied or spun as North Carolinians have to suffer and endure it every (mod edit)day and know the real score far better than any irovy tower mouthpiece. Additionally the study was ridiculously biased, designed with assumptions and preconceived notions, and was the most one-sided assessment I have ever seen. Many, many, many other studies have shown without a doubt and conclusively that illegal immigration costs US taxpayers vastly far more than it generates supposedly in economic benefits at a ratio of about 5 to 1.

Even if illegal immigration saved US taxpayers and consumers money, which it does not, the very presence of wide open, unsecured national borders, especially in wartime, isn't any defensible form of rational policy. It is unqualifed national suicide pure and simple. The purpose of immigration and border policy isn't for the convenience of certain business interests or select constituencies. It is for the collective social stability, economic prosperity, and national security of the American people as a whole in which open borders, massive illegal immigration, and ignoring the rule of law are diametrically opposed.

We have proven our point about the NC AP Wire.

W

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123