Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DJ

New construction under Obama? What that may mean for us

I just read the following "advice" from a stock guru and wondered what it would mean for our cause:

The President-Elect announced this past weekend a plan to add 2.5 million new jobs during the first two years of his time in office. Focusing on roads, bridges and schools that have been neglected for many years, a rebuilding boom of epic proportion appears to be in the works. This should not be a surprise given that the current crisis is being compared to the Great Depression.

I guess a big crisis requires a big government solution. No matter debating the political merits or lack thereof of such a response. Big spending is coming, and heavy construction-oriented companies like Fluor Corporation (FLR) will be huge beneficiaries.

http://www.investorplace.com/experts/ja ... art11.html

All I could think of was, "Great. New construction of any kind anywhere, and we will be indundated with illegal workers from Mexico taking those jobs." I'm wondering if there will be any stipulation about workers being legal since these would be government projects to get people working again. I think we need to be watchful and proactive on this issue because Obama is intending to make this project a top priority.

Yes. We need to make sure that American citizens get these jobs.

Construction unions have been pushing this agenda for years. In this election they contributed heavily to, not only Obama's election, but to a number of critical Senate races, as well. Much of this is through enforced "dues checkoffs" that go to political activities under the direction of the union leadership. Now they want payback.

While some of these projects may be needed I am expecting federal pork to grow rapidly, assisted with a compliant Congress. And the union leadership will openly welcome illegal immigrants when they can get them into their ranks. Once into the fold as union members they will instruct them to vote Democrat--and also go to bat for them for significant "labor rights."

Welcome to the new (nationwide) Democratic Political Machine. The Republican ability to filibuster in the Senate is now hanging by a thread, as the democrats narrowly won some close Senate races, thanks to third party spoilers.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here is NumbersUSA Roy Becks opinion on this!

Obama Plan Would Save/Create 2.5 Million Jobs -- Much Cheaper IMMIGRATION MORATORIUM Would Save 2.5 Million Jobs

By Roy Beck, Updated Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 12:15 AM

President-elect Obama should make American workers the top priority, and call for an immediate end to adding foreign workers through Chain Migration and the Visa Lottery.

And he should consider a temporary moratorium on nearly all other worker importation.

The President-elect on Nov. 25 called on his 'economic team to think anew and act anew' while creating a stimulus package that he hopes will create 2.5 million jobs during the next two years at a cost of $500 to $700 billion.

But those efforts will be effectively cancelled out by our nation's immigration and visa programs that are currently on auto-pilot to bring in approximately 2.5 million foreign workers into our besieged economy over the next 2 years.

In effect, current immigration policies, if left unchanged, are scheduled to allow 2.5 million new foreign workers to compete for the 2.5 million new jobs. Is this not an insane policy?

Let me review in case anybody misses the incredible juxtoposition of these two numbers:

Mr. Obama announced a plan costing hundreds of billions of dollars that he hopes will create 2.5 million U.S. jobs over the next 2 years.
    Current immigration and visa policies are on auto-pilot so that during those same 2 years the government would bring in at least 2.5 million MORE foreign workers seeking U.S. jobs.
    Will our government spend all of this money just so it can have just enough jobs for the new foreign workers it will bring in?

If we were to put a moratorium on all worker visas and immigration (except for nuclear family and refugees), we would achieve the same result as Obama's program but at not even 1% of the cost!

At a minimum, Chain Migration and Lottery Visas should be suspended immediately. so that unemployed Americans can at least have a shot and some of the jobs the Obama Administration proposes to create."

Check out the links to learn more about the irrational Chain Migration and Visa Lottery categories. The great civil rights champion Barbara Jordan and her bi-partisan national commission a decade ago recommended eliminating both categories as an act of economic justice toward vulnerable Americans who are unemployed or who work for very low wages.

Please go to the NumbersUSA Action Buffet and send free faxes that promote the elimination of Chain Migration and the Visa Lottery. This should be a jobs program all of us can agree on.

ROY BECK is Founder & CEO of NumbersUS
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

DJ
    Your description is just as I feared the scenario would play out. If thousands of jobs are created, and still Americans remain unemployed because the jobs were given to illegals, I could see some violence and marching in the streets! I hope that Obama is smart enough to see that. Like many others, my job will not be affected, but I would support Americans who are left in unemployment lines while being denied jobs they could have had. It is very frustrating that I would really like to help Americans who are suffering in this economic downturn, but I will not give anything to the Red Cross, United Fund, Food drives, or anything else that will help illegals to stay in California. I wish there was a fund that stipulated you have to show ID before being given anything.

Unoccupied Southeast Georgia But Not For Much Longer

Stimulus Jobs to Illegal Aliens

What people forget is Obama will attempt to legalize 20 million illegal aliens and their immediate and extended family members plus neighbors and friends along for the ride fraudulently claiming family connections (DHS is so inept, incompetent and corrupt they are unable to determine who already is illegally in the country) who he will say are now legal residents that can apply for those jobs, which is how he will get around ensuring jobs go only to unemployed Americans. He has absolutely no intention of enforcing federal hiring and immigration laws promulgated in the 1986 IRCA and it's 5 revisions although claiming to be a believer in the rule of law he will in fact ignore the law. The millions of newly appointed "instant citizens" unable to work or find jobs will be enrolled in our health care, welfare, social security (including SSI) and unemployment rolls when the health care system already is on the verge of collapse, social security already faces 53 trillion dollars in unfunded liabilities and is predicted to become insolvent in 2017 and state unemployment insurance trust funds are running out of money due to the increasing number of unemployed Americans requiring assistance.
    I want to see Obama explain to the American people the logic of allowing 20 million illegal aliens and their family members to compete for any stimulus jobs which will result in a huge taxpayer subsidized illegal alien jobs giveaway. But on the other hand unscrupulous employers will shed those newly legalized employees because they will fall under EEOC guidelines and have collective bargaining rights. They will continue to hire more cheap labor flooding across the border at the rate of 5,000 to 10,000 a week according to border patrol estimates resulting in a population increase of at least 100 million in the next 20 years and that is if illegal immigration is halted now. This will have dire consequences for our health care, education, land, food, water, energy and other LIMITED resources, increasing pollution and adding to the overall so called collective carbon footprint (why the silence from the conservation hawks on this).
    This congress and the new administration cares no more about the American people than they do about all the negative consequences of unbridled illegal immigration. All these bailouts were created by congress to pay back their union and corporate masters for their campaign assistance given to the Capital Hell thugs. Why do you think so much money was appropriated for these bailouts? The money will go to help the 5 million illegal aliens who defaulted on their subprime mortgages (we will pay their mortgages), credit cards and other loans, provide welfare, unemployment insurance, health care, other benefits and assistance for illegal aliens to perpetuate the cheap labor supply for Congress' corporate masters and illegal alien votes while Americans continue to lose their homes, jobs, pensions and health care.
    If this so called government of, by and for illegal aliens, corporate America, the Mexican and Chinese governments and the Sinola, Gulf and Arellano drug cartels grants amnesty there will be a stampede of untold proportions for our border for any jobs arising from the farce of a stimulus package created only for illegal alien labor and votes destroying our economy, sovereignty and ultimately our way of life.
    There is no freedom without the law. Remember our veterans whose sacrifices allow us to live in freedom.

Welcome, retiredairforce!
    But I have to disagree with your premise that Obama will push for any sort of amnesty. During the campaign, his rhetoric was pandering for votes. That was before he had access to any information or the closely held secrets of this government. Truthfully, we should be screaming at GWB louder than at a guy who has not taken office yet.
    I have absolutely no idea what his intentions are about illegals, guest workers, etc. My omniscience, mind reading and future-predicting skills are lacking.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WELCOME TO ALIPAC "retiredairforce"

Thanks for joining in and I completely agree with your analysis....from the looks of the people he is putting in his administration he is quickly setting this amnistration up for the big amnesty.

Who in their right mind that cares about national security, enforcing the existing laws and our border would put the Governor of AZ as the head of Homeland security.

The big one for me is appointing the vice President of la Raza to anything, that in its self tells a big story as to what they are planning but not necessarily going to get away with.

Our only chance is stopping it in the United States Congress....lets hope we can get the votes to stop this disaster.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

2.5 in government labor brigades?

What Obama makes up his mind to do is largely out of our hands. What we CAN do is start contacting our Senators and demanding that they vote against any Amnesty, in 2009---or in the future. The Republicans are pretty solid--and you know who the traitors are! There are Democrat Senators that could be persuaded if enough people act. Call these members when you can:
    Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.)
    Sen. Evan Bayh (D-Ind.)
    Sen. Jeff Bingaman (D-N.M.)
    Sen. Robert Byrd (D-W.Va.)
    Sen. Kent Conrad (D-N.D.)
    Sen. Byron Dorgan (D-N.D.)
    Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.)
    Sen. Mark Pryor (D-Ark.)
    Sen. Jon Tester (D-Mont.)
    Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.)
    Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.)
    Sen. Jim Webb (D-Va.).
    We need to act together to build a "firewall" that will stop Amnesty by vote if possible, or by filibuster if needed.

I keep sending emails to them of actual government news releases from border enforcement actions---so they know just how bad things are.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast