Quote Originally Posted by GOSCOOTIN
What you and your brother did was wrong. You can call it a mistake.
I don't want to hear details like this. You're after revenge, we're after justice.
If you search the forum, you'll see there was a crack down on this in Florida. Maybe you should call them and talk to them.
Some of the things you say are illogical and wrong. Ebay does not allow live animals to be auctioned off.
How much is pervert and how much is lies?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5545090599
He was requesting people to send money to him via ebay in order to bring her to America. Technically not illegal under Ebay rules. And yes I know the link doesn't work any longer.

I don't lie unless I have to and I don't have to.

Your right I do want revenge.

Arranged marriages used to be completly normal in America, they still are in many countries in the world. The way I thought it was, was that she wanted a good/kind husband who would support her. Under normal circumstances they would've put her in an arranged marriage with another Cambodian. I wanted a good wife and planned on sending her to school and even college in return for her being a good wife. I understand the arguements about how marriage should be about love and not simply companionship.

Prior to the marriage I did a lot of research and soul searching on this. over 95% of marriages in Cambodia are arranged. Over 50% of the population in Cambodia is under 20. Over 66% of their population is Female. Most of their Male population got killed off by the Khmer Rouge in the 80's. But I figured arrange marriages can't last, right? Cambodia has a 2.4% divorce rate. Cambodia isn't like Saudi Arabia their women aren't slaves and are allowed to work. In fact the Women in Cambodia are head of the household and usually have the primary say of any money spent in the household. Then my brother was in a good marriage, or so I thought at the time.

Yes, I made a mistake. But had Champey been someone else the marriage could've worked out just fine and we could've grown together, found love and been the perfect couple. I spent a lot of time visiting Thai Temples (no Cambodian temples around here) and meeting other people who also got into arranged marriages before I said yes to it.

The automatic answer for an American about arranged marriages is "hell no." It was my answer too until I did a lot more research.

I do want revenge. I won't feel guilty about wanting revenge either.