Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    Crocket, I don't think anyone believes it is even worth translating and listening to anymore. These are very painful days for those Americans who are paying attention. The anger and disillusionment at our government's failures is extremely apparent in the American people right now at these mid-term elections.

I've noticed a lot of emotions are just flying on the boards. People are going from feeling as though they don't know what to do....to the next day feeling as though they understand how they need to vote and that they are prepared to vote that way. Then the next day they are worried again that they may be doing the wrong thing.

If you feel that you can help to guide people than I think you should. You are very informed and those of us who know you have a great deal of respect for your knowledge and your opinions.

Please do not get too aggravated. The best thing for someone like you who is very sure of what we need to do is to continue to help and guide people. A lot of us need it right now. I know that I do.

The race for the House of Representatives in my District 22 in Florida is like a nightmare. Clay Shaw vs. Ron Klein. We are either going to punish a Republican and replace him with a newcomer Democrat, who we don't know enough about.....or we are going to bite the bullet and put the Republican who has done little to nothing to fight illegal immigration for his more than twenty years representing us in Washington back up there so he can continue doing nothing for another four years.
    I think that the answer is as simple as voting for those whose votes have been in accord with our goals and agains those who have voted against us. Period.

As for the President, he has been a huge disappointment to say the least, but at least he signed the fence bill and does not appear willing to risk the control of Congress over the immigration issue. That's good news. Also, if this Spanish-language site can be taken at face value, the President is telling Spanish-speakers that employers who knowingly employ illegals will be held accountable. That's good news as well.

The most important thing to remember is that we have few good choices in the general election unless we get more active earlier in the process by getting good candidates in place in the primaries so that we actually have someone to vote for in November.

As for the President, he has been a huge disappointment to say the least, but at least he signed the fence bill and does not appear willing to risk the control of Congress over the immigration issue. That's good news. Also, if this Spanish-language site can be taken at face value, the President is telling Spanish-speakers that employers who knowingly employ illegals will be held accountable. That's good news as well.
    Crocket, I believe that you are right, and I often think that about things that you say. I believe it again now.

I've noticed that many times after I bash Bush I actually become even more confused. It makes me want to lash out and vote just to punish him, when in reality I am realizing in the past few days that I am just biting my nose off to spite my face.

I think that these last four days before the election that I am through Bush bashing. I think that it will only serve to cause more people to become confused about what they need to do for our country on Tuesday.

Thank you Crocket for having the courage to say something that might not be too popular among some of us here. Sometimes we need to just be rational, and at this time I think we need to be that more than anything.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123