Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Welcome Hardline. You sure came in with a "bang".
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Welcome Hardline. You sure came in with a "bang".
    yeppp. but who does that leave...Ron Paul... Not that that is a bad thing.

Banned

Welcome

Wecome to Alipac Hardline.. I have worked In construction for over 25 years. I was once an apprentice Plumber. I have run work on some very large construction projects, Including City Center In Las Vegas. I have watched as Illegals have been hired through union halls using fake documents,and speaking limited English. All of this nonsense has to stop. And the American people are the only ones that can do It. Our federal government Is leading this nation to slaughter with uncontrolled Illegal Immigration.... TS

Banned

Re: Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    Wecome to Alipac Hardline.. I have worked In construction for over 25 years. I was once an apprentice Plumber. I have run work on some very large construction projects, Including City Center In Las Vegas. I have watched as Illegals have been hired through union halls using fake documents,and speaking limited English. All of this nonsense has to stop. And the American people are the only ones that can do It. Our federal government Is leading this nation to slaughter with uncontrolled Illegal Immigration.... TS
    After receiving numerous complaints from trade unions, Baltimore County Council Members have unanimously passed a resolution urging County Executive James Smith to enact an E-Verify mandate for companies that receive county contracts. Unions claim that contractors who hire illegal aliens are winning contracts with lower bids.

"If a business knowingly hires illegal aliens on a county contract, they should lose that contract and the ability to bid on future contracts with the county," said Council Chairman John Olszewski in a Baltimore Sun article. "These are tough times, and we want to make sure we are not taking jobs away from those who should have them."

The office of County Executive Jim Smith says they are receiving complaints from construction unions that some contractors are reducing their bids and filling jobs with illegal aliens to secure the contract. The local Ironworkers Union in the Baltimore area is one of the groups that has raised the issue. The union has a third of its members looking for work. Rod Easter who serves as president of the Baltimore Building Trades Council has the same sentiment.

"We know illegals are working around the area," he told the Baltimore Sun. "No one is opposed to people who are legally in the country having opportunities to go to work. But, when you are illegally here and a contractor knowingly hires you, you are taking a job away from a law-abiding citizen, who lives here. Both the employer and illegal employee are committing a crime and should be punished."

For more information, see the Baltimore Sun.

Banned

Re: Welcome

After receiving numerous complaints from trade unions, Baltimore County Council Members have unanimously passed a resolution urging County Executive James Smith to enact an E-Verify mandate for companies that receive county contracts. Unions claim that contractors who hire illegal aliens are winning contracts with lower bids.

"If a business knowingly hires illegal aliens on a county contract, they should lose that contract and the ability to bid on future contracts with the county," said Council Chairman John Olszewski in a Baltimore Sun article. "These are tough times, and we want to make sure we are not taking jobs away from those who should have them."

The office of County Executive Jim Smith says they are receiving complaints from construction unions that some contractors are reducing their bids and filling jobs with illegal aliens to secure the contract. The local Ironworkers Union in the Baltimore area is one of the groups that has raised the issue. The union has a third of its members looking for work. Rod Easter who serves as president of the Baltimore Building Trades Council has the same sentiment.

"We know illegals are working around the area," he told the Baltimore Sun. "No one is opposed to people who are legally in the country having opportunities to go to work. But, when you are illegally here and a contractor knowingly hires you, you are taking a job away from a law-abiding citizen, who lives here. Both the employer and illegal employee are committing a crime and should be punished."

For more information, see the Baltimore Sun.
    Consolidated Union Leadership Support Amnesty Without Rank And File Support

LABOR UNION SHAME: Consolidated Union Leadership Support Amnesty Without Rank And File Support
    by John Buck

As many of us Union members experience the woes of unemployment, more and more of us have begun to question our leadership's stance on Amnesty. I'd like to help answer that question. It is not good news. As a former organizer for the Laborers’ International Union of North America (LIUNA) in New York, New Jersey, and Delaware, let me fill you in on the state of the Unions.

AFL-CIO

In September, Richard Trumka replaced John Sweeney as President of the AFL-CIO. The American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO) includes 57 national and international unions representing 11.5 million members. Since the Sweeney takeover local Union mergers have exploded turning Union locals into what some call mega-locals. We were given many reasons for the mergers such as cost effectiveness and combined political power, but the true reason was to centralize power to squash dissent on a number of issues including: Amnesty and Open Borders.

UNI Global Union

Let’s talk about the Union Networks International (UNI) Global Union. UNI is the Global Union for skills and services. They represent 900 trade unions and 20 million workers worldwide (179 unions in the Americas and 3.5 million workers).

Here’s the question? Why would our leaders, who historically fought the influx of cheaper laborers and prevented illegal foreign labor at every step, start doing the opposite? Why would Union leader stop protecting the American workers? The answer has become clear. Our leadership has decided the mergers aren't over, they will continue, welcome to the UNI Global Union. You may not realize this but your trade may have already been affiliated without your consent or vote. Ask your leadership today!

You are in the process of being told that the only way to fight corporate globalism is a global union... that sounds great for the bosses who will be receiving dues money, and therefore paychecks from the low cost workers overseas to whom so many of our jobs have gone, but what about the American worker? We live here. We work here. The push for Amnesty only paves the road for the Open Borders flow of labor.

Leadership in Question

Joseph T. Hansen, President of the United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW), President of the “Change to Win Federationâ€

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12