Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Nothing bad intended for the recruiter.Just an Army saying.I loved the military and would do it all over again if I had a choice.It sucked alot,but there where alot of good times.When we win this battle maybe we can all pull together on other issuses like the treatment of Vets after the goverment is done with them,But there are alot of other dragons to slay
    after this one.

anyone know how this vote went??..

USCitizen

If you were asking about how the vote went pertaining to English being our National Language, I don't think that Ammend. was addressed yesterday. Senate closed up shop not long after 5 p.m. ET, and didn't get to it. (It was, as was stated, supposed to be voted on yesterday)

I was listening all day and especially interested in that one. I think it's on the agenda for today.

Sapperwes

Thanks for correcting my thoughts about the recruiter, your loyalty to the Army, etc.

Personally, I don't believe in recruiters being located in high schools.

It may have some good aspects, such as wayward, incorrigible individividuals getting discipline, etc., but generally speaking, youth at that age doesn't necessarily know what they want to do with their lives. At the age of 17, I sure did not. Additionally, too many of my classmates were killed in Vietnam and as I rubbed their names at the Wall which travels around, the reflection, brought each of them closer.

I agree, that much more should be done for our Veterans, now and in the future. At Castle Point in N.Y.S., shaving a veteran who had no arms or legs, drives that very point home. Their spirit, courage, attitude, and personality never left them. Absolutely remarkable individuals.

Death is a part of living. We all must pass through that portal. I simply do not believe in recruiters perhaps encouraging youth to look at the promises and the world through rose colored glasses.

I'll get off the soapbox. Like I originally said, "thank you, thank you, thank you." This country is what it is today, because of soldiers such as yourself.

Well I will be staying, under what conditions though is the question? Besides I cannot go back to the country of my ansestors, it no longer exists, Checkloslovokia. I do not think I could really leave anyway. Oh well, guess I will have to stay and fight the good fight.

By the way thank you to all veterans (my husband is one) and without veterans we would be nowhere. Who has talked to anyone in active service and are they aware of the current situation? Just curious.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234