Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

If you really want to see offensive you should see the Mexican comic book character Mimim Pinguin. It's about a little black boy that is drawn in a manner that would make Amos and Andy blush( that may not be possible but excuse my liscense). The Mexican government had a commemorative stamp for this cartoon character about a year ago. The characterization was so egregiously insulting that the stamps sold out immediately and were getting high bids on e-bay.
    Viva the Frito Bandido.

Your quote by Senator Kennedy led to many good links...

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    I resent Mexicans or anyone else that is here illegally. They are infringing on my rights as an American citizen.
    I "Googled" the quote you posted and it led to many interesting links to like-minded Americans who are fed up with the Feds' poor job performance of enforcing U.S. immigration laws.

- JuniusJnr

Out west, there is a place called Taco Cabana. They had a chili pepper who was "kicking it back on the patio" or something. He, too, was deemed insulting.
    When I was a teenager, back in 1965, I worked for El Taco Mexican Restaurants, Inc. in Los Angeles, California. El Taco's logo was a little, Mexican man wearing a sombrero that almost hid him as he slept against a cactus. The humor of the image is most persons can't stand to even touch a cactus plant.

I lived with an illegal Mexican immigrant...

Quote Originally Posted by reptile09
    Speaking of being offended, I am offended at having to listen to the nightly sounds of gunshots, car alarms, police sirens and Mariachi. [snip]

Having to see my once clean, quiet, safe hometown overrun by masses of law-breaking criminal felon illegals offends me. Having to look at grafitti covering every exposed surface,... [snip] Driving the streets of my once American hometown and seeing bus ads, billboards and store signage in Spanish ofends me. [snip] Seeing on every corner a check cashing/money transfer store or WIC/AFDC welfare voucher store, packed with cars with Mexico license plates offends me. [snip] Driving down the road and seeing more cars with Mexico license plates than all other out of state cars combined,... [snip] offends me.

[snip] Going to any hospital emergency room or doctor's office and knowing my tax dollars are going to pay for the [snip] deliveries of thousands of illegal's anchor babies a month offends me.

Living in fear of gang violence, drive-by shootings, drug dealer's turf wars and illegal aliens' teenage kids stealing, smashing, burning and vandalizing everything in sight offends me. [snip] millions more come here every year to steal our jobs, drive down our wages, destroy our communites, overcrowd our schools, jails and hospitals offends me.
    In 1982, I was befriended by an illegal Mexican immigrant after my car had been burned because I helped a homeless Black mother and her twin children. I took them to a nearby fast-food restaurant and bought them a meal. I was told by this friendly Mexican that the others thought I was dating the young Black woman and they burned my car in retaliation. I was homeless and lived in my car. I worked every day at a temporary job agency but I couldn't afford a place to live. I also went to college part-time where I was able to take a shower. Before the young mother found me, I had been counting my week's pay and figuring if I could afford a new battery so I could drive my car again.

I gained a lot of insights from living among these illegal immigrants. I know their plight but I also know the hardships that face working-class Americans. The problems we all suffer are caused by uncaring politicians who don't have a clue about what is happening in our lives.

I watched a young mother from El Salvador come in after working hard all day long, open a closet door in someone else's apartment, then climb into bed alongside her toddler who had spent the entire day in a closet crammed with just a roll-away bed and lit by a bare light bulb.

I know the sting of being compared to illegal immigrants while working. I was informed by a Kentucky tobacco farmer that he could get TWO illegals for what he was paying me. I was working for minimum wages in a cold barn, my numb fingers going as fast as I could push them. (Who did the work before employers starting hiring illegal immigrants?)

Quote Originally Posted by reptile09
    ...illegal alien's teenage kids stealing, smashing, burning and vandalizing everything in sight offends me.
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/03/ ... index.html

A harbinger of things to come, right here in the U.S.A.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123