Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I have been fighting this for years as well. I know many of my friends, at first, thought I was obsessed, and didn't really see the problem with it, that I did. I didn't criticize them, but I kept a steady stream of emails coming their way, with stories of how illegal immigration was affecting them. I didn't even give my opinion in the emails, just sent them news articles. As time went by, they started responding to those emails and even sending stories to me. Now, a couple years later, I can say that every one of my friends considers this a BIG issue and are even getting involved with writing letters and making phone calls.

I've seen this issue go from barely on the radar screen, to the president sending the Guard to the border. We are making a difference and we've got to keep on fighting. If not us, who will lead the fight?
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

We need updates to these two letters. They were penned prior to the Senate vote. People must be aware the House vote is looming and we need their help.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    I couldnt get many people to talk about illegal immigration. They all acted like it was going to go away, or they (govt officials) wouldnt let anything bad happen.
    It wasnt until I sent Williams letter "Would you forward a letter to save America", which did get some attention. I emailed a copy to everyone I knew. And FINALLY, I RECEIVED SOME RESPONSES!
    There were 2 emails from Alipac that I sent to everyone on my mailing list:
    1. http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-27672.html

2. http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-28043.html

It was like these people were too busy to care! Well, I finally got through to them, and I also asked them to join Alipac so they could keep up on this issue on a daily basis.

I'm not big fan of Rush limbaugh but during the time when he was first becoming popular he said that there was a dumbing down of America and this was a conspiracy bythe Clintonites to dumb down America and control the thoughts to easily persuade us to their agendas.
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

We don't have many illegal aliens here. We have a very large military presence here....so we don't feel the effects from illegal aliens that alot of other commmunities do. I don't see very many activists because of that.
    Because of the new recruiting tactic of 1 year in the military + citizenship for you and your family. I have been hearing spanish a lot in the military commissaries.
    At Ft. Huachuca, AZ there were so many coming through the base, including the housing areas, the National Guard was called in to guard the bas.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Not Enough Of Us

Quote Originally Posted by sawdust
    Too many people are taking no interest in this. Everyone I talk to has no interest in the subject. I got an email the other day from numbersusa that said only 3,000 people are signed up in my state, that is not enough to make a difference.
    I think people are interested but are eitehr ill informed (because they do not listen closely to what the politicians are REALLY saying........ i.e. guest worker program is not amnesty, or, live in areas that have not been over taken by illegals). We all need to do what we can to get the word out though letters, faxes, phone calls to the politicans and discussing the situation with friends and family.
    Tom Tancredo - Jeff Sessions 2008 !!!

Scarlett
    Uphold and Protect the United States Constitution; not the Mexican revolution.

TDH
    You can try and talk with people and they will look at you like you have some serious issues, they are just not interested because they are asleep to the times that we are living in, they don't understand the ramifications of this problem, I bet they'll understand when these issues directly affect them.

I know I'm the only darn person in Burlington

I am the only person I know that is willing to parade around town with signs and bumperstickers...send out emails to friends....stand on corners and walk up and down the road with big signs...put flyers on cars and mailboxes and people either treat me like a have the darn bird flu or I get the "I am behind you all the way...good for you about time someone did something about it...." but I don't see them anything about it...and even if they say they are going to call they forget about it or something happened on they way to that telephone....it is pathetic!!!

So now you know why my friends I am somewhat discourage...especially when the Senate passed the bill yesterday...
    Nancy

I heard today that I was crazy - all I was interested in was fighting the Mexicans. It was my sister that made that statement to man. I told him I was fighting the illegals, but I was not crazy
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Iig

DON'T BE FOOLED BY THEIR EMPTY VICTORY

I was also disheartened to see the Senate betray us, and it briefly put my head in my hands. But, I reminded myself the headless creature the Senate sent to the House can and must be put down.

Please, let's all keep banging the drum. Long, hard, without interruption. At least the House is listening, keep it up, be relentless. And keep calling and emailing all the way through November.

The campaign HQ idea is great.

I'm not the sort of person who can cheerlead at anything, not really. But this worth the effort.

I think, I could be totally hosed on this one, but I think, last time I watched "Treasure of the Sierra Madre," the bandido actually says it correctly: "Badges? We don't need any stinking badges!"

But, of course, it's way better misquoted.
    "I have not yet begun to fight!" John Paul Jones

TDH's
    they don't understand the ramifications of this problem, I bet they'll understand when these issues directly affect them.
    You sure said it !! Just WAIT ! There were some people in our neighborhood who just didn't get it, or just didn't care over a year ago when we tried to "enlighten" them on this issue.

Well, lo and behold one year later, they are being slammed by the effects of illegal immigration and they they are now on the phones and a whole bunch of them got up off their sitting down places and went to a protest about 6 weeks ago !!!

Amazing what "hands on experience" can do for a person !
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast