Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NYC: From Riches to Rags in Just One Day

JOHN W LILLPOP

Yesterday's early news would have caused one to believe that New York City was rolling in dough---or, more accurately, dinero.

Alan D. Aviles, the president of New York City's Health and Hospitals Corporation, went out of his way to let illegal aliens know that local hospitals would be there to serve them, with no questions asked.

Aviles even issued a letter to city residents in which he advised immigrants that local hospitals would keep all information, including immigration status, confidential.

Aviles' announcement was the medical equivalent of 'Welcome Wagon' in Spanish.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/31/nyreg ... ref=slogin

However, New York's open wallet policy for criminals does not quite square with the city's reaction to the new Homeland Security budget. This from the 6/1/06 New York Daily News:

'The city was stunned yesterday to find that its share of federal anti-terror funds was slashed nearly in half by bureaucrats who said it has no national icons to protect and lousy defense plans.

The city will get $125 million from the feds' high-threat bank account, a 40% cut from the $207 million it received last year. The Homeland money pot was smaller overall this year, but the rest of the country is being trimmed just 14%.'

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/ ... 6751c.html

As I see it, NYC has two options:

*Discontinue the practice of playing doctor for Mexico's poor. Instead of shielding criminal illegal aliens from the law, work with sane people to deport them back to Mexico.

or,

*Have your zillionaire mayor make up the $82 million out of his own checking account. That is about what Bloomberg paid for the Mayor's office to begin with, right?

And since Da Mayor is a Republican, he can surely afford it! If not, who in the hell cares?

The more I read the more convinced that I am that this country has absolutely no fear of any terror attack. If they did they would not leave the border wide open for one thing. Everything points to the fact that they have no fear of being attacked.

I agree Sawdust.
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

Aviles even issued a letter to city residents in which he advised immigrants that local hospitals would keep all information, including immigration status, confidential.
    I am preparing myself now for the inevitability of hearing that each illegal 'immigrant' is getting a welcoming gift. I wonder if it will be money or a new car (by special arrangements w/Ford?) or a new home. I don't have any reason to think this other than I just do.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Quote Originally Posted by sawdust
    The more I read the more convinced that I am that this country has absolutely no fear of any terror attack. If they did they would not leave the border wide open for one thing. Everything points to the fact that they have no fear of being attacked.
    The fear of attack is there. The attack is already within our borders. look where the money goes.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If they become legal they have to sign up for selective services. If they want to be legal in this country they should send everyone of them to Iraq to serve this country. Our military is spread thin and I think if they want to live in this country they should be willing to fight in Iraq or Afghanistan. Freedom should not be free and they are no better than americans that have to fight and serve this country. Most of them are young men and they should be drafted into the U.S. army.

sawdust,
    I agree with you, they should serve 4 yrs in the armed services as a part of "their pathway to citizenship".If they had to do that, a lot of them might run on back home. I was just furious with NY saying they would fire their nurses if they called ICE on the illegal aliens coming to the hospitals.I say, to all their nurses get yourself out of that place and find a new job, there is a huge nursing shortage on (I know I am one)and they can get jobs anywhere they want to go, so far America has not outsourced their jobs yet . I would tell them to kiss my royal arse, if they threatened me that way!Let their nurses wake out then see NY bought to her knees, who would take care of their darling illegals then?????
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Happy Days Are Here Again...
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Quote Originally Posted by sawdust
    If they become legal they have to sign up for selective services. If they want to be legal in this country they should send everyone of them to Iraq to serve this country. Our military is spread thin and I think if they want to live in this country they should be willing to fight in Iraq or Afghanistan. Freedom should not be free and they are no better than americans that have to fight and serve this country. Most of them are young men and they should be drafted into the U.S. army.
    Perhaps training them to fight and giving them guns is not a good idea. They could turn their training and their guns on us. At times I would have agreed with you. Now I see them in our military as a real danger. Also, a mercenary can be bought. Look at the Hessians who were bought by the British to fight the US in the Revolutionary War. The were from Germany but fought for the British for a price. Who is to say the illegals-turned-military wouldn't do the same thing? They have no loyalty.

Well too bad, once they are signed up for selective services they could reinstate the draft if we need them. I think it would be a good way for them to assimilate into society. The army could teach them some patriotism. Our soldiers are fighting side by side everyday with Iraqi soldiers, I see no reason the mexican boys and all other illegal boys can't put on a uniform and fight in these countries, also. If they are not willing to fight for this country and the war on terror then maybe they should give more thought to becoming legal. Once they become legal it is a possibility that they could end up in war. After all, Vicente Fox said, all this is going on for our security. So let them fight for our security.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast