Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sonia Sotomayor and LatinoJustice PR

Sonia Sotomayor is a former Board Member of LatinoJustice PRLDEF (Puerto Rican Legal Defense Fund). I suggest all ALIPAC members visit their site at www.prldef.org. The organization works very hard at blurring the line between Americans of Hispanic descent, legal immigrants and illegal aliens. I’m sure Ms. Sotomayer’s legal training came in handy in their efforts to aid and abet illegal aliens and block all attempts at the enforcement of immigration law.
    Ms. Sotomayer’s racist statement that a “wise Latina woman with the richness of her experience would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn’t lived that lifeâ€

Proud2bAmerican: WELCOME, welcome to ALIPAC.

Your words are exact and "We the People" need to question our Senators fully about this woman's thoughts and her trying to redesign constitutional law toward international law.

It will not WORK!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62

is this really the best obama could do ????

good grief
    Well, yeah! if he wants AMNESTY for illegal aliens. Man, all those SSN frauds could be clean up from the illegal aliens records sooner than you think now.

April
    Please call now and oppose nomination of sotomayor!!!!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-903799.html#903799

Jack, your point of view is more than welcome on here. I am a minority myself on certain issues. I think a healthy debate is good for people. The one thing you have to remember is to not get discouraged by being in the minority.

With that being said, I have to disagree with you on this one. Sotomayor is a member of LaRaza, which is a racist organization. That alone disqualifies her from a supreme court seat. As a member of ALIPAC, you should be on our side on this one. If she gets her way, she will focus on legalizing law breakers, which is a VIOLATION of her oath.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Quote Originally Posted by jack58

You do know only 3 cases were overturned right? Only 5 cases went before the supreme court out of 380 she presided over. Statistically speaking, 5 is not a large sample size. It's like saying that just because I got to one of the first 2 questions wrong on a math test that I'm gonna get 50% of the test wrong. You have to take a larger sample size. Rasmussen and Gallop would agree

Oh and 3 out of 380 is less than 1% if you want to look at it that way.
    She has actually been reversed/refused 8 times counting Ricci. So to use another comparison in your example, a pilot can crash 8 times out of 380 flights and that means he or she should be promoted. I don't see that happening. She isn't qualified for SCOTUS.

BTW, she was originally nominated in 1998 by G. H. Bush....Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by jshhmr
    Sotomayor is a member of LaRaza, which is a racist organization. That alone disqualifies her from a supreme court seat.
    You are so right about that. Here's a link to the Judiciary Questionnaire she must fill out: http://judiciary.senate.gov/nominations ... -Blank.pdf

On the form is this: The American Bar Association's Commentary to its Code of Judicial Conduct states that it is inappropriate for a judge to hold membership in any organization that invidiously discriminates on the basis of race, sex, religion, or national origin.[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by jshhmr
    Jack, your point of view is more than welcome on here. I am a minority myself on certain issues. I think a healthy debate is good for people. The one thing you have to remember is to not get discouraged by being in the minority.

With that being said, I have to disagree with you on this one. Sotomayor is a member of LaRaza, which is a racist organization. That alone disqualifies her from a supreme court seat. As a member of ALIPAC, you should be on our side on this one. If she gets her way, she will focus on legalizing law breakers, which is a VIOLATION of her oath.
    As a White person I have yet to understand why many Republicans, err sorry.... why some conservatives consider larasa a racist organization. I've never in my life heard them advocate violence towards our race like the KKK or espoused the idea that their race is the superior one, again, like the KKK has. Why do you believe this? You're essentially saying Sotomayor is a racist individual simply because of your belief that the organization is racist which is worrisome.
    First of all, their motto is "For the RACE everything, outside the race nothing." ANY organization that supports ONLY 1 race of people is by definition racist. LaRaza is ONLY for hispanics. How many white only organizations do you see? Do you SUPPORT LaRaza? I must know. Your belief that LaRaza ISN'T racist is worrisome.

Also, don't label me as a conservative/liberal or a republican/democrat. I support the constitution and vote for those that have the constitution in their interest. Ron Paul is one of those people. I vote Republican, Democrat, Independent, basically anybody that supports my beliefs regardless of their party.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

As a White person I have yet to understand why many Republicans, err sorry.... why some conservatives consider larasa a racist organization. I've never in my life heard them advocate violence towards our race like the KKK or espoused the idea that their race is the superior one, again, like the KKK has. Why do you believe this? You're essentially saying Sotomayor is a racist individual simply because of your belief that the organization is racist which is worrisome.
    Admittedly, NCLR takes great pains to provide the patina of respectability to the larger movement in which they participate, but who La Raza has supported financially and politically is more illuminating than polished rhetoric and rendered press releases.

Their historical support of MeCHA is a good example.

Tax records show La Raza was funding MeCHA as late as 2003.

Notable political support of MeCHA members include Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, who they endorsed during his campaign, and recently received the Graciela Olivarez Award. Cruz Bustamante is another example.

More interestingly, Jose "We have got to eliminate the gringo" Gutierrez, a founder of MeCHA, won La Raza's Chicano Hero Award in 1994.

Money and political support are the only real valuables a group like La Raza can offer anyone, and until it recently became politically unfeasible they have been most generous with MeCHA...a group that has plenty of on-record racial hatred.

Funding a racist group...granting awards to key members of said racist group...does a pattern of solidarity not emerge?
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

Sotomayor may not be a good choice for this country. Nomination to the Supreme court is a lifelong appointment and we can't afford to gloss over her background as was done for candidate Obama. I would like to make some simple observations about this nominee:

- Associations and affiliations DO count as they are most often a reflection of a persons true character. One simply doesn't become a member of an organization and not believe in the basic tenets for which that group stands.

- La Raza, "the race", has been extraordinarily active in their support of amnesty and legalization of hispanics that illegally reside in the U.S. I mention hispanic merely because La Raza doesn't openly crusade for Asians, Indians, Europeans or those of Middle Eastern descent. This fact in and of itself paints a pretty clear picture of where La Raza's true loyalty lies and by definition makes them a racist organization.

- By Sotomayors own admission, a hispanic woman would be predisposed to make better judicial decisions than a white man. Her own statements to this effect don't leave much room for other interpretation.

I don't pretend to know everything there is to know about this woman, but, let's clear away all the smoke and mirrors being thrown out about this nomination and ask ourselves, as Americans, an honest question..Does this nominee have the disposition to strictly abide by the constitution? In my opinion, her affiliations and public statements speak volumes about her judicial leanings...
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast