Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Obama gets slammed for failed immigration reform promise

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama gets slammed for failed immigration reform promise

April 16, 2012
    Joe Garofoli

President Obama has been working the Spanish-language media circuit lately, promising that he would pass comprehensive immigration reform in his first year….of his SECOND term.

“I can promise that I will try to do it in the first year of my second term. I want to try this year,” Obama promised on Univision’s Al punto. “The challenge we’ve got on immigration reform is very simple. I’ve got a majority of Democrats who are prepared to vote for it, and I’ve got no Republicans who are prepared to vote for it.”

Wait a minute. That sounds a LOT like 2008, when Obama famously promised immigration reform would be a “top priority” in his first year in office.

Apparently, that was soooooo my-first-first-year-in-office ago.

In Latino political circles that promise is known as “la promesa de Obama.” And it remains a broken one.

So while Obama is crushing Mitt Romney among Latino voters – in polls – he needs them to come out and actually vote for him in numbers that they did in 2008. Will they? Comprehensive immigration reform is a TOP issue with Latino voters, recent surveys have found.

After draining all of his political capital on passing a new health care law and other initiatives, Obama had precious little left to push for immigration reform. And then the GOP took over the House and he was done. Remember his “big policy speech” last May in Texas on immigration reform? It included no new proposals, didn’t say legislation was coming and didn’t explain how he would win over a skeptical GOP-led House.

While Obama may correct in blaming Republican obstructionism for not being able to pass the Dream Act and immigration reform, “What’s missing, however, is an acknowledgement that his Administration has deported many of the people who would have been legalized by the kind of comprehensive reform he promised to fight for,” said Frank Sharry, executive director of America’s Voice, an pro-immigration reform organization.

Ouch.

“And while the Obama Administration has announced enlightened new policy guidelines to better prioritize deportations, local immigration officers seem to ignore them with impunity,” Sharry said, noting that Obama’s Administration has deported than 1 million people.

Obama gets slammed for failed immigration reform promise | Politics Blog | an SFGate.com blog
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

well his damn grandmother is an illegal alien no wonder he's' trying to kiss their asses

Univision Noticias: President Barack Obama sat down with Enrique Acevedo in Cartagena, Colombia

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's all damage control from here on out, Obama needs to grant citizenship to himself
    Last edited by stevetheroofer; 04-17-2012 at 07:42 AM.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

There will be no official amnesty for illegal aliens passed by Congress because we are going to stop Amnesty again and again until our laws are enforced and these illegal alien invaders go home and corrupt politicians like Bush and Obama are put on trial for their crimes against the people of the United States of America.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

When will Hispanics understand that Obama is an equal opportunity liar - he lies to everyone. No excluding Latinos because they're so special.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)