Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Brewer meets with Obama, says she's encouraged by dialogue
    Jun 3, 2010 . . .

"I made it perfectly clear to him that I was not interested in any issue as far as comprehensive illegal immigration reform," the Governor . . .

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_ph ... rder-steps
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    Brewer meets with Obama, says she's encouraged by dialogue
    Jun 3, 2010 . . .

"I made it perfectly clear to him that I was not interested in any issue as far as comprehensive illegal immigration reform," the Governor . . .

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_ph ... rder-steps
    I really hope this statement is true...but I can't find it any where else. It totally contradicts what she said in the interview out side the WH. I won't bother posting it because I don't like it much. Well...let's keep hoping she does not buckle in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by April
    Just got this email.

In my meeting with President Obama yesterday, I personally invited him to visit Arizona and see our open borders for himself. Only then might he understand that border security is the mandatory first step in any real effort to battle illegal immigration.

Unfortunately, the President declined to commit to a personal visit.

He also declined my request to increase the National Guard commitment, did not commit to build and extend the fence, and refused to pay the federal obligations for incarceration expenses - over $750 million just since 2003.

While the meeting was cordial and respectful, and I appreciate the opportunity to share the deep concerns of our citizens, a continued lack of action is devastating to Arizona. Washington’s continued reluctance to secure our border - with no political strings attached - only suggests the possibility of further violence, failures and delay. No more political two-steps! Now is the time to simply and honestly secure our international border.

It is my hope that the President has a change of heart and takes the time to personally meet in Arizona with our hard-working border enforcement agents, local law enforcement, border-region ranchers, and others who are confronted daily with Arizona’s border crisis and see for himself their problems and their justifiable fears. Until operational control of the border by the federal government is achieved, Arizonans and indeed our nation remain at risk.

Following our meeting today, I’m encouraged that there may be a new and more open willingness for direct dialogue between the federal government and Arizona. However, as I have said before, illegal immigration will not be solved by the promises that have been made, but rather, by the tangible results on the ground.

The President should see for himself how a lack of enforcement has turned Arizona into the superhighway of illegal drug and human smuggling activity. My invitation to come to Arizona remains open.

Governor Jan Brewer
    Obama does not care!!!!

He knows what is going on. He is the best advised man on the face of the planet! He cares about his agenda and does not include messing with the IA's or any other immigration issue...unless it is an amnesty bill... I am not a betting man but I will bet that we have yet another deep throat bill in the works...

I love the cat...but man he makes it hard to read!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234