Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Is Obama our best hope for fighting illegal immigration?

I think he is. I started this thread because I see all this Obama bashing on here when he is obviously our best choice for fighting illegal immigration. But noone seems to be badmouthing our two worst enemies, who want to swarm us with this disease (illegal immigration).

Sure, what Obama's pastor said was very, very wrong. He sounded like a Louis Farrakan or Al Sharpton, but it wasn't he who said this garbage. Let's not forget that McCain was fighting extremely hard to legalize 20 million illegal aliens. And as far as Hillary Clinton goes, she is getting nearly all of the hispanic vote. I don't want to sound prejudice, but let's not kid ourselves, 99% of all illegals are hispanic. Do you think that Hillary Clinton will try to do anything to fight illegal immigration when hispanics are her friends and voted her into the nomination? Between McCain and Clinton, we're screwed when it comes to illegal immigration. I believe that Obama will be our best hope for fighting illegal immigration. Hispanics won't vote for him because they know that illegals are taking alot of jobs away from the black population, and a black president will mostly try to do something about it.

And I could tell you exactly what will happen next in the way hispanics vote. They are now voting Democratic in the primaries; most hispanics are traditionally Democrats. But they are voting this way to make sure that A) their friend, Hillary, wins, and B) to make sure that what they see as the biggest threat to cracking down on illegals, Obama, doesn't win. I will bet anyone here that whether Obama or Clinton wins, they will switch and vote for McCain for president when if finally comes down to the 2 main candidates for president. They will do this because of McCain's relentless fight to legalize 20 million illegals.

Obama promised illegals drivers licenses in California....Obama also does NOT want the border built......
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by grandmasmad
    Obama promised illegals drivers licenses in California....Obama also does NOT want the border built......
    Do you think traitors like McCain or Clinton who are for amnesty of all the illegals in this country would be better? If you think our illegal alien problem is bad now, wait until one of these two becomes president. We might as well hand this entire country over to Mexico and pack our suitcases and move back to Europe. Which by the way, has it's own problems with illegal aliens. We won't have anywhere to run when one of these two traitors hands our country over to these illegals. Or Mexico. However you want to look at it.

Obama might be keeping a low profile, but when he fights for our jobs, and especially the jobs of his fellow blacks, who do you think he's going to go after? He's going to go after the illegals which took away most of the jobs from his fellow blacks. Why do you think hispanics are so scared of him winning the nomination and are voting in droves for Clinton? Why do you think there's so much tension between hispanics and blacks, which became so evident in this election? It's because blacks and hispanics, both illegal and legal, are fighting for the same jobs.

McCain, Hillary, and Obama are all equally bad on the issue of illegal immigration.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

What we need in November is.

None of the Above....on the ballots!
    We don't have a real choice between these three. They are all the same.
    "When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

Barack Hussein Obama has been nothing less than the Dems choice for head cheerleader, with a few extra qualities to boot.

His presence helps to motivate the conservitives to rally towards the Maverick McCain.

His race and name help to lower the bar concerning racial and religous minorities. Inclusive qualities aired to the world.

The fact that he is a complicated minority (he is black, he has a Moslem name, and he is a dem that attends church) helps to show the party in a favorable light. The party of acceptance.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Obama to do anything about illegals. But rest assured McCain, Obama or Hillary are going to take a beating from the American people more and more as the economy goes bad, and illegals will be top on the list! And our biggest argument will be the very fact that we're in economic trouble and they've told us illegals help our economy.

MW
    Fedup wrote:

I started this thread because I see all this Obama bashing on here when he is obviously our best choice for fighting illegal immigration.

IMO, Obama is the absolute worse choice that could be made, and the most dangerous. Please justify your position. Why do you think Obama is the best choice? Please don't tell us about McCain and the Hildabeast, tell us what Obama is going to do to stop illegal immigration and the open border situation.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hey Fedup, Those aren't just black jobs dude, those are jobs of all americans. Obama is such a globalist there is no way he's going to do anything that goes against that agenda. Plus he wants to give $780 or $850 Billion dollars of "our" money to the UN to be re-distributed (or stolen) to 3rd world countries because it feels good and creates harmony in the world? And he wants to do it every year, go figure? Is that what the Presidents job is, to steal from us and give to others, while we are hurting here at home?
    If Obama cares so much about these other countries why not run for President there? Why not work for the UN and leave the American citizens out of it? We are adults, we don't need people that think they know everything to take "our" money and re-distribute it to other people without our consent. If people want to donate their personal money to the cause of another nation, great! Go for it, just do it on your own dime and time, but leave my part here.

Better yet, just tell the crappy leaders of the desperate countries to ship up or shape out. Why is that politicians always feel the need to bully the tax payers but don't have enough gumption to tell the leaders of the crappy countries to make sacrifices or demand that the UN confiscate all the resources from the corrupt leaders? Its always us that have to pay and Americans are paid out. America is the poorest country in the world right now, we cannot afford to keep borrowing and giving. Its like using your credit card to get cash and then give it to your enemy or some bum. And your left paying for it for 4 more years with interest added on. These are totally stupid ideas. Most of these candidates and other politicians ideas are stupid to begin with, its just people are so brain washed into believing this crap, it truely amazes me.

If Obama cares about Americans he would be offering bills in the Senate right now to Shut Down NAFTA and get that border wall built right now. Why are all these candidates spewing that they will enforce the laws and secure our border when they are members of the Senate and they could be offering bills right now to get these things started RIGHT NOW! If it is so important why wait til they're elected? If they mean it, they should be pursing it right now. If I were running and I REALLY believed in securing the borders and stopping illegal immigration I wouldn't be waiting around. PLUS, I'd think me doing something RIGHT NOW in the Senate would bolster my arguement in my campaign by showing the people I have already STARTED my agenda, which is and should be about helping Americans first and law enforcement.

The candidates say we need to crack down on employers. Have you seen anyone of them of late sponsor or co-sponsor a bill reguarding these much needed mandates?

The candidates say they care about the workers and we have to let workers unionize and negotiate wages. Have you as of late seen any bills they have proposed to get this done?

Obama and Clinton say we must renegotiate NAFTA. Uh, I haven't heard one word of any bill that they have submitted for this to happen, have you?

Obama and Clinton say we need national healthcare. I haven't seen or heard of any bills to they have sponsored or co endorsed going through the senate, have you? In fact we have the gubbanatorial candidates here in North Carolina saying they will make their own healthcare plan for the residents of our state.

So, Lets see, these guys are in the Senate, the best thing they could do is be there making an effort to get these things they believe so much in done. All of America knows who the candidates are they don't need anymore face time. They are all on the Main stream media everyday and night, the newspapers print article after article about them, the radio is filled with talk show people and pundits all day long, everyone knows who they are. They need to stop the dog and pony show and show us with they're actions in the Senate. Wouldn't that be the best way to sway voters to vote for them by actually seeing the legislation that they are really proposing. Or does that expose the identity of the special interest and corporate campaign contributers and the favors they will recieve with the candidates legislation which is supposed to be for the good of the people? If the candidates are honest and up front, it only makes sense to go do their jobs and let the people see the job they are doing, then they might get a sense of what they are really about.

Right now all we are seeing is Main Stream Media Entertainment. Just a bunch of front end agendas that end a few blocks down the road of American prosperity, after that the substance turns into a dead end road or a dirt road to no where, at which point the candidates swiftly get out of the political car and jump into the lear jet with the breifcase full of the workers dollars and a 4 year stay in a luxury hotel.

We need detailed agendas that lead somewhere and can be cross checked and ran by the so called experts, the American people. Then we need transparency and in matters such as immigration which affects 300 million people we need a refferendum for the American people, this ain't Rome. Then we need a special force and a special court made of American citizens that constantly monitor all transactions of the government for crime and corruption. And when crime and corruption are found and the evidence is presented, it will be to a jury of American Born Citizens and they shall decide if the charges are true, or false and they shall set the penalty for the offense if one has been commited. The only way this country will ever work is if politicians and governments are held accountable. The government is so big (20 million people) that we need citizen review baords and oversight to keep government accountable to the people. Major police departments have them to keep corruption down in the police departments, and we can do the same in the political realm. If not, bye, bye America.
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!

Obama is very friendly with the Hispanics. If anything he will promise and give more to them. Several hispanic countries are more openly racist then us, its been suggested that is partly the root of the gang problems in LA.

Have you read any of his floor speeches on illegal immigration? He is Durbin's and Blago's chum.

Here is one article you may want to refer to.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 1UL57Q.DTL

Obama takes big risk on driver's license issue

Carolyn Lochhead, Chronicle Washington Bureau

Monday, January 28, 2008
    Sen. Barack Obama greets worshipers after a morning servi... Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton accepts a campaign poster for...

(01-2 04:00 PDT Washington -- Sen. Barack Obama easily won the African American vote in South Carolina, but to woo California Latinos, where he is running 3-to-1 behind rival Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, he is taking a giant risk: spotlighting his support for the red-hot issue of granting driver's licenses to illegal immigrants.

It's a huge issue for Latinos, who want them. It's also a huge issue for the general electorate, which most vehemently does not. Obama's stand could come back to haunt him not only in a general election, but with other voters in California, where driver's licenses for illegal immigrants helped undo former Gov. Gray Davis.

Clinton stumbled into that minefield in a debate last fall and quickly backed off. First she suggested a New York proposal for driver's licenses for illegal immigrants might be reasonable. Then she denied endorsing the idea, and later came out against them.

Asked directly about the issue now, her California campaign spokesman said Clinton "believes the solution is to pass comprehensive immigration reform."

"Barack Obama has not backed down" on driver's licenses for undocumented people, said Federico Peña, a former Clinton administration Cabinet member and Denver mayor now supporting Obama. "I think when the Latino community hears Barack's position on such an important and controversial issue, they'll understand that his heart and his intellect is with Latino community."

Obama's intention is to draw distinctions between himself and Clinton on what are otherwise indistinguishable positions on immigration. Both have adopted the standard Democratic approach of favoring tougher enforcement along with earned legalization.

The Illinois senator is differentiating himself in three key areas: driver's licenses, a promise to take up immigration reform his first year in office, and his background as the son of an immigrant (his father was Kenyan) and a community organizer in Chicago.

Obama made the promise to Latino leaders to take up immigration reform in his first year after Rep. Rahm Emanuel, D-Ill., chairman of the Democratic caucus, said his party might not raise the divisive issue again until the next president's second term, assuming a Democrat wins.

Latino leaders felt betrayed. For them, an immigration overhaul is a top priority in light of state and local crackdowns on illegal immigrants and federal raids in workplaces across the country.

Clinton has not made such a promise, saying only that she would make her best efforts.

"Those issues are huge," said Obama supporter and state Sen. Gilbert Cedillo, D-Los Angeles, vice chairman of the California Latino Legislative Caucus.

Democratic pollsters Stan Greenberg and James Carville issued a direct warning on the driver's license issue in an analysis last month designed to guide Democrats through the treacherous immigration quagmire.

"The findings about driver's licenses are particularly notable," they said. Two-thirds of surveyed voters oppose them, the pollsters found, and the safety argument fails to dent the widespread conviction that granting a driver's license rewards illegal behavior.

But it will definitely work with Latinos, said John Trasviña, president of the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund. "Clinton and (Sen. John) Edwards have said no driver's licenses for unauthorized immigrants," Trasviña said. "Sen. Obama has said you get a driver's license if you know how to drive. And that message I think will resonate in the Latino community as we get closer to California."

The latest California Field Poll shows Clinton leads among Latinos 59 percent to 19 percent. That's bigger than the margin that handed her Nevada just over a week ago and about how well former President Bill Clinton did with Latinos in California when he won the state in 1992 and 1996, said poll director Mark DiCamillo.

One in 3 Californians is Latino, and although they make up just 14 percent of the electorate, they are 1 in 5 Democratic primary voters, according to the nonpartisan Public Policy Institute of California.

"That's a very sizable group and a leading indicator in terms of younger and new voters," president Mark Baldassare said. "That's just the demographics of our state. They're a really crucial group."

Clinton's biggest asset is "El Presidente."

Thanks to Bill Clinton's presidency, during which he lavished attention on California, and her own eight years as first lady, Hillary Clinton enjoys enormous name recognition among Latinos.

She has also done her spadework. Clinton picked up early endorsements from leading Latinos such as Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, Assembly Speaker Fabian Núñez and fabled farmworker organizer Dolores Huerta.

Clinton opened her new East Lost Angeles campaign office Saturday with three Latina members of Congress: Hilda Solis, Grace Napolitano and Lucille Roybal-Allard.

Obama has lined up several lesser-known officials, including Assemblyman Joe Coto, D-San Jose, chair of the Latino Legislative Caucus, as well as Rep. Linda Sanchez, D-Cerritos, who split from her sister, Rep. Loretta Sanchez, a Clinton backer from Garden Grove.

While Clinton has the backing of the United Farm Workers, Obama has picked up the endorsement of Unite Here, a heavily immigrant service workers union.

Both camps discount speculation of simmering racial hostility that might make some Latinos reluctant to vote for a black man.

"The familiarity with President Clinton has given her a very, very big lead from the beginning," said Maria Elena Durazo, secretary-treasurer for the Los Angeles County Federation of Labor who is campaigning for Obama.

If there were racial animosity, "obviously we would have to address that very directly," Durazo said. But mostly the response Durazo gets when she asks Latinos about Obama is, "Who is he? I don't know who he is," whereas with Clinton, the answer comes back, "We know Presidente Bill Clinton."

Maria Echaveste, a UC Berkeley law lecturer advising the Clinton campaign, agreed. "Everyone is so quick to jump on" the racial angle, she said. "But, frankly, I think the explanation is a much greater number of people know her and love Bill Clinton."

Huerta, a longtime Latina activist and co-founder of the United Farm Workers union, scoffed at Obama's credentials with Latinos. Clinton worked in the Rio Grande Valley in Texas as a young woman, she said, while Obama was missing in action during two major activist events in Chicago, once when Elvira Arellano sought church sanctuary to avoid deportation, and another time when two Latino men were falsely accused of murder.

"He's now trying to build a relationship, but it's just not there," Huerta said. In Nevada, casino workers dubbed themselves "Hilarios," she said, meaning Hillary supporters. "This came from the people."

With Obama, she said, "A lot of them would say, 'Señor como se llama?' They didn't know Obama's name."

Latinos also trust Clinton, Huerta said. "Support for her is not just support; it's enthusiastic support. In fact, I haven't seen anything like this since the Bobby Kennedy campaign back in '68."

Obama has begun airing campaign ads on Spanish-language TV and his supporters are working hard to promote Obama's activist Chicago roots, which Peña declared forged "a personal connection with Latinos that no other candidate has had."

Added Durazo, "He's the son of an immigrant, he's the son of a single mother who sacrificed a lot to make sure he got his education. All of those issues resonate with a hotel housekeeper, a construction worker, a day laborer. ... I have great hope that we're going to break through that gap in a big way."

E-mail Carolyn Lochhead at clochhead@sfchronicle.com.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f ... 1UL57Q.DTL

This article appeared on page A - 1 of the San Francisco Chronicle

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast