Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

No excuse whatsoever...none, nil, zip, zilch...he should spend at least two years in prison and be fined $50,000.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Right here in NC in Knightdale, an ilmmigrant was caught raping a goat. He was arrested. It was a little goat only a few months old. It was in the local Knightdale or Zebulon paper. He'd been doing it for awhile and the farmers would find their goats damaged. One night they decided to stay up and wait. That's when they caught him. One of the goats died from the abuse.

Little goats are so cute. The thought of this is still with me.

OMG! that is horrible!! this man had a sick mind -- beastiality begins in the mind, but by all means -- let's grant him amnesty, we need more perverts in this country
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    Listen--if that was happening to my animals, there wouldn't be any going out there with a shotgun until someone else called the law. If my animals were screaming like they were being threatened, I would shoot first and ask questions later. You have a right to shoot anything that is threatening your livestock so you would think that could be construed to be a human as well. You just just say you thought it was a fox and shot! And, I wouldn't shoot to kill but I know exactly where I would be aiming at that PERVERT.
    I had a problem one time with dogs attacking my cows -- I called the Sheriffs Dept. and they told me they couldn't do anything, and they informed me I COULD NOT shoot dogs going after my cows . . . I thought just hide and watch! My brother-in-law would start shooting when they'd start attacking the cows, but was too far away to hit one. After a calf was torn up and almost died, those dogs suddenly disappeared -- I filed a complaint with the Sheriffs Department --- those people didn't want them identified.
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

I'm sure the laws about that are different in each state but I do know that, in North Carolina, you CAN shoot anything that is threatening your livestock. My son has several farm animals and he has had problems with wild dogs going after fowl. When he has called our Sheriff's dept., they have told him that he has a right to protect his livestock and that he can shoot whatever is threatening them. That is TERRIBLE if you are supposed to sit back and watch a predator mutilate your livestock. Like I said, shoot first, ask questions later.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

those dogs were mutts, these cows were purebred herefords -- we weren't in the cattle business, we had what you would call recreational livestock, my mama and daddy started raising purebred herefords when I was in elementary school so we could show them at the fair. After my daddy passed away I kept mine ... sadly I had to give them all up

My son's animals are PETs--two horse, two goats, a chicken, a turkey, a guinea and four dogs so they aren't actually FARM animals. They are his babies but they are still livestock and he is able to protect them by law.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    noillegalimmigrationannie--thanks so much for the information. It is so disturbing. You make the excellent point that this industry has gone over the top. These practices of cruelty for a buck are much easier to get away with when you hire illegals with no standards. American Workers wouldn't put up with this. There is a proper way to raise and slaughter an animal for food. Americans know those ways and would insist upon it in the factories. While it may not be perfect even when Americans are in charge of the facilities, it would be MUCH better.

AMERICAN MEATPACKERS worked very hard for many years to raise standards in our meatpacking facilities for themselves and the animals only to be put out to pasture and displaced with ILLEGALS which has allowed the whole industry to sink into the dark ages of the third world.
    Judy, thanks for your kind words and feedback. Yes, I was referring to agribusiness, that is mega corporations that have overtaken many American family farms and are referred to now as factory farms and this is where the bulk of the problems and cruelty are associated, not the individually-owned family farms that raise farm animals on a much smaller scale. Perhaps I need to make this clearer to others who have posted comments to my comment in this thread.

Factory farms hire gadzillions of illegal aliens. Illegal aliens have for the most part overtaken American workers in meatpacking plants and I also believe they have too in the factory farmed livestock raising businesses. Two parts to the industry - the raising and the slaughtering but many large corporations handle the majority of the animals raised for meat today; many small farmers have been put out of business because of them.

In an Alipac thread of 6/18/05 entitled ("Good books on the illegal immigration problem"), another Alipac member mentioned to a post of mine that Roy Beck of NumbersUSA writes about this issue in an online book. Oops! I'm ready to finish and post soon but don't have the link handy. Will try to do tomorrow or anyone can contact me by PM. Roy Beck's book on immigration has some details about how big agribusiness factory farms have outplaced American workers with formerly decent middle class wages and health benefits, with mostly cheap foreign labor without benefits in the form of mainly illegal aliens.

Also, Judy, I liked your response to another Alipac member who posted an article on 08/05/05 entitled, "Meatpacking's Human Toll." I missed reading this in time so didn't post, but perhaps If I have time tomorrow it won't be too late to post a response to the article three days late. If I don't get to it, I can post later with my own news story or if others initiate a news story on the same subject.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

OH you can post any time. Just go to the article or to the arhives and then when you post it moves up the line and sends out email alerts to everyone. At least I think that is how it works!!

Good time posting with you!!

It's interesting isn't it how illegal immigration is affecting every aspect of our lives from jobs to wages to food to safety to housing to health to education to medicare care.

This is a comprehensive problem that Americans can no longer ignore; or turn the other cheek to; or trust in authorities to solve; or tolerate.

It must stop now.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234