Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ok Police Captain Faces Disciplinary Action for Refusing

Oklahoma Police Captain Faces Disciplinary Action for Refusing to Attend Islamic Event

By Patrick Manning & Todd Starnes
    Published February 23, 2011
    FoxNews.com

Captain Paul Fields is under internal investigation after he refuses to take order from a higher ranking officer. Fields was ordered to assign officers to the Islamic Society of Tulsa's Law Enforcement Appreciation Day.

Captain Paul Fields is under internal investigation after he refuses to take order from a higher ranking officer. Fields was ordered to assign officers to the Islamic Society of Tulsa's Law Enforcement Appreciation Day.

The Tulsa Police Deptartment is investigating a captain who refused an order to assign officers to attend an upcoming Islamic event because he said it would violate his religious beliefs.

Capt. Paul Fields was reassigned after he refused to order officers under his command to attend the Islamic Center of Tulsa’s Law Enforcement Appreciation Day, a spokesman for the department said.

“It is my opinion and that of my legal counsel that forcing me to enter a Mosque when it is not directly related to a police call for service is a violation of my Civil Rights,â€

If the situation were reversed and a muslim cop was forced to go into a Catholic church and objected, you think their would be any disciplinary action taken?

I think not.....

And why is it that cops need to build "community relations" with muslims. In my experience, those communities that need the most community relations "building," are usually causing most of the problems that might involve the police.

Stop kissing up and pandering to these people!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

if the officers were not getting paid to attend IE it's off the clock , then no he doesn't have to assign anyone to go ....

if it IS on the clock then yes he does have to assgin people to go .... community relations is just another word for PR .... where i live our police departments have PR people and they do PR things ... that's just part of the job ...

IMO, the way to deal with this issue was cut and dry. They should have asked for volunteers.

This is just trash. If it was the other way around no arguement would have been made and the chief would have ignored it.

Anti Muslim Sentiment in the US yah think? Yes there are *some* Muslims that are good hearted and caring people but Americans are seeing many also have no interest in US laws and OUR ways. They simply want their way in our country where THEY are protected basically from us, our culture, and our laws to do as they please. One just needs to look at Britain and Europe to see of Islam can get along with the West, the answer is a fairly discernable NO they can't.

Lastly this event did have Islamic beliefs tied to it including religious parts. How do you think they would have felt if a number of Christian/Catholic female officers were in attendance and inside didn't wear headscarves in their Mosque? What if those women said Islam needed to provide more for womens rights and freedoms equal to mens? I'd bet they would complain to the chief who would then go after the Captain for setting up "female" officers who would incite against Islamic beliefs by mere presence....

Banned
    This officer refused to do this but when Sheriffs refuse to enforce immigration laws they get a pat on the back.

Christianity (what this nation and form of government was founded upon and by) is a religion based upon FREE WILL. Very simply put, the atheist lives and sucks air.

Islam is submission to Allah. You must submit. Your free will be damned. It has always been spread by the sword. Very simply put, the atheist has his head cut off and is unable to suck air.

As the Christian makes and obeys laws that are based upon his religion, the Mussulman will do the same according to his faith. Should one expect different?

But perhaps we can further embrace secular ideologies and all live under the authority of the strongest man?

I agree with the Captain, as I believe the secular laws and the Mussulman laws will both be contrary to my beliefs and form of government.