Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Ladydrake
    We already are called racists and being punished for the actions of our government. but we're called racists primarily by pro-illegal and supporters, and I wouldn't want them to have any valid reason to do so

And we (the government) already are saying who gets to come here and who doesn't. The illegals get to come for free, everybody else is denied, stuck waiting for years, or paying fees they shouldn't have to be paying in lawyer's fees. everyone else is not denied, I have a friend from France who just made citizenship. It is a long process and does have some crazy flaws. Illegals come free because they are breaking the laws that are not enforced.

I'd gladly take a law-abiding, English speaking person over a law-breaking, non-English speaking person.
    Those who apply legally are required to learn English if they do not already speak it. So once again it comes back to the root of the problem...enforce existing laws.
    "Remember the Alamo!"

krazynbama,

but we're called racists primarily by pro-illegal and supporters, and I wouldn't want them to have any valid reason to do so
    They will call us racists no matter what. Like it or not, "valid reason" or not. Preferring law-abiding, English speakers over law-breaking, non-English speakers does not give them any validation. Had I said something stupid like, "I prefer Asians over Arabs," or something of the like, then of course that would give them ammo. That is not what I said, nor did I imply it, nor do I support it.

everyone else is not denied, I have a friend from France who just made citizenship. It is a long process and does have some crazy flaws. Illegals come free because they are breaking the laws that are not enforced.
    Please reread the sentence properly. I did not say everybody else is denied and left it at that. I included they are also stuck waiting for years and paying fees they shouldn't have to pay.

I'm very well aware of WHY they come here for free. Doesn't mean they should, regardless if the laws are enforced or not. Your friend, for example, didn't take advantage of that and neither did our Aussie friend here.

Those who apply legally are required to learn English if they do not already speak it. So once again it comes back to the root of the problem...enforce existing laws.
    I know people are required to learn English before coming here. Personally, I don't care where someone comes from and/or if the only reason they learn English is for the sole purpose of coming here, so long as they do it.

Bottom line is, people are taking the stance of prefering law-abiding, English speaking people over law-breaking, non-English speaking people.

If the opposite were true, there would be no movement against illegals.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123