Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

One Year Later, Arizona Law Keeps Families from Getting Publ

One Year Later, Arizona Law Keeps Families from Getting Public Benefits News Report, Valeria Fernández, Posted: Nov 22, 2010

PHOENIX -- One year after it became law, a measure created to fight alleged fraud committed by undocumented immigrants applying for public benefits, is hurting those who actually qualify for the services.

HB 2008 went into effect on Nov. 24, 2009, requiring state agencies, cities and government employees in Arizona to report to immigration authorities anyone they considered to be in the country illegally. Under the law, government workers could face up to four months in jail if they fail to report someone.

Unlike SB 1070, another controversial law aimed at making undocumented immigrants subject to incarceration, there was no public debate on HB 2008. It was approved quietly as part of budget negotiations by conservative Republicans including Rep. Senator Russell Pearce, and signed by Gov. Jan Brewer.

Advocates argue its implementation has affected U.S. citizen-children of both undocumented and legal immigrants, and created a chilling effect on families to obtain essential healthcare services they qualify for.

Valle del Sol, a non-profit organization that provides prevention services and case management to Latinos, filed a discrimination complaint with the Office of Civil Rights (OCR) at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) against the main agencies enforcing this law.

The complaint, which was submitted in August, details anecdotal cases of immigrant parents being intimidated by state workers. Immigrants claim they were asked about their immigration status when they tried to apply for a service. In one instance, a mother said she was asked for a U.S-issued ID when applying for healthcare for her developmentally delayed 15-month-old child. She claims that she was not told that she could use her foreign consular ID instead. When she saw a report on a local Spanish TV station that said immigrants could now be deported if they applied for benefits, she never returned to the government office, unaware for six months that her child had been approved for health insurance.

“These children are born in this country. Therefore they are entitled to the benefits, regardless of their parents’ status,â€

Sob... NOT !

To ALL ILLEGALS and even those who come here legally but not to really become Americans but just to suck off Americans:

Quit coming here and dropping your anchor babies on PURPOSE to leech off American taxpayers! There are a heck of a lot of homeless, hungry and those lacking access to medical care who are actual citizens for whom social services are needed and rightfully belong to. We would never get all the free goodies in your home countries, so go back there and whine to your own government!

Unless you come here legally, have funds to take care of your own for at least 5 years after coming here (and can prove it by having it deposited into a US bank), learn English, are law-abiding and stay that way, have something more than meanial labor services to provide (we already have millions of illegal and... legal laborers loitering on street corners and getting into trouble than we can handle), swear allegiance to the US while swearing an oath to renounce any other citizenship if and when you get sworn in as a US citizen, never disrespect the American flag, recognize that Americans are not racist but the most welcoming giving people and country in the world .......

If you can't respect American ways, ethics, morals and freedoms..

then WE DON'T WANT YOU!

If you think that the American ways are wrong and unjust and blah, blah, blah....

then GO BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM OR JUST DON'T COME!

If you can't do the above then... WE DON"T WANT YOU!

GET IT!

If you can't afford to provide for you and yours, WE DON'T NEED YOU!

I DON'T CARE HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR YOU TO GO THROUGH THE PROCESS TO GET INTO THIS COUNTRY LEGALLY; you have no more right to sneak into this country and take what is not lawfully yours than I do to sneak into your home and do so. I don't care if you are brown, black, orange, red, green, blue, purple or yes, even white!

I wanted a heck of a lot better life for my kids when they were growing up too, we were darn poor, BUT I DID NOT SNEAK INTO ANOTHER'S HOME and STEAL OR TAKE WHAT WAS NOT MINE. If I would have, I would have been incarcerated... GET IT! I'd be afraid if I was breaking the law too! So if you are here illegally or breaking the law and you get caught and have to suffer consequences... TUFFJ! I did the kind of work (along with millions of millions other Americans) that you claim we are too lazy to do. How in the heck do you expect citizens of a different country than your own to like you if you down them!

GO CRY TO SOMEBODY WHO CARES! Americans are puking sick of illegals, and legals too, whining and crying and demanding and having babies like rabbits that they cannot afford.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE AMERICA's ways and Americans in general, GO THE FREAKING HECK HOME!

Sorry fellow Allipacers, I'm done ranting now...
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Don't be sorry Forest - You put into words my very thoughts.

Banned
    Ranting is good

Especially when its the truth

Quote Originally Posted by forest
    Sob... NOT !

To ALL ILLEGALS and even those who come here legally but not to really become Americans but just to suck off Americans:

Quit coming here and dropping your anchor babies on PURPOSE to leech off American taxpayers! There are a heck of a lot of homeless, hungry and those lacking access to medical care who are actual citizens for whom social services are needed and rightfully belong to. We would never get all the free goodies in your home countries, so go back there and whine to your own government!

Unless you come here legally, have funds to take care of your own for at least 5 years after coming here (and can prove it by having it deposited into a US bank), learn English, are law-abiding and stay that way, have something more than meanial labor services to provide (we already have millions of illegal and... legal laborers loitering on street corners and getting into trouble than we can handle), swear allegiance to the US while swearing an oath to renounce any other citizenship if and when you get sworn in as a US citizen, never disrespect the American flag, recognize that Americans are not racist but the most welcoming giving people and country in the world .......

If you can't respect American ways, ethics, morals and freedoms..

then WE DON'T WANT YOU!

If you think that the American ways are wrong and unjust and blah, blah, blah....

then GO BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM OR JUST DON'T COME!

If you can't do the above then... WE DON"T WANT YOU!

GET IT!

If you can't afford to provide for you and yours, WE DON'T NEED YOU!

I DON'T CARE HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR YOU TO GO THROUGH THE PROCESS TO GET INTO THIS COUNTRY LEGALLY; you have no more right to sneak into this country and take what is not lawfully yours than I do to sneak into your home and do so. I don't care if you are brown, black, orange, red, green, blue, purple or yes, even white!

I wanted a heck of a lot better life for my kids when they were growing up too, we were darn poor, BUT I DID NOT SNEAK INTO ANOTHER'S HOME and STEAL OR TAKE WHAT WAS NOT MINE. If I would have, I would have been incarcerated... GET IT! I'd be afraid if I was breaking the law too! So if you are here illegally or breaking the law and you get caught and have to suffer consequences... TUFFJ! I did the kind of work (along with millions of millions other Americans) that you claim we are too lazy to do. How in the heck do you expect citizens of a different country than your own to like you if you down them!

GO CRY TO SOMEBODY WHO CARES! Americans are puking sick of illegals, and legals too, whining and crying and demanding and having babies like rabbits that they cannot afford.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE AMERICA's ways and Americans in general, GO THE FREAKING HECK HOME!

Sorry fellow Allipacers, I'm done ranting now...
    BRAVO!!!!!!!!!
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

Standing, Clapping, Cheering. Well said Forrest!

Ruben Reyes, a volunteer with Catholic Charities, has seen firsthand problems with the new law. Several months ago, he met a grandmother who came to the United States to take care of her U.S. citizen-grandchildren after their mother was deported. She was turned down every time she tried to apply for healthcare coverage or food assistance for the children. They struggled to get by without a breadwinner, and eventually had to go back to Mexico.

I bet the grandmother came here illegally and then had to go home with the children. The law works!!

Well, thanks for listening to the rant. I feel better now... I had to just leave the computer for awhile after that one... whew!
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

I mean I had to take a break after my rant not particularly the article, as we've all read a lot.... worse....

"Ruben Reyes, a volunteer with Catholic Charities, has seen firsthand problems with the new law. Several months ago, he met a grandmother who came to the United States to take care of her U.S. citizen-grandchildren after their mother was deported. She was turned down every time she tried to apply for healthcare coverage or food assistance for the children. They struggled to get by without a breadwinner, and eventually had to go back to Mexico. "

So they were forced to go back to Mexico from lack of hand outs, what a pity!

"Despite the increase during the first few months of 2010, however, that program also saw a significant drop in applicants from an average of 10,000 per month to 1,334 in January and only 195 in February. "

Well, surprise surprise! There was about a 90% drop in applicants once they became scared of being deported!
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast