Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Are there any updates on this?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hi Kate,

I just got off the phone with one of Sen. Cornyn's aids (whoever answers the phone), he said "Ok, I'll pass it along."

Also called Sen. Hutchinson's office.

I prefer to handwrite letters or post cards, but not enough time.

John Cornyn needs to make up his mind which country he represents, and right now he represents INDIA.
    Wonder how much money they're funneling to him.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Another reason to get on the phone.

Job Destroyers are working with Senator Cornyn

H-1Bs, Tata Employees, and citizens of INDIA are working with their senators and with Senator Cornyn to pass the so-called skil bill at this website
    http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=691
    9 pages of messages so far.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

JAK
    Called my senators!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Since when do non-citizens have a senator? And what does this mean:
    http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2484

They are in bed with John Cornyn

http://immigrationvoice.org/media/Immig ... elease.pdf

USINPAC was founded to syphon Americans' jobs to Bangalore, India.

More about USINPAC and the Friends of India Caucus:
    http://www.antioffshore.org/index.php?o ... 9&Itemid=2

Found this by accident while I was looking up some info about John Cornyn:

http://www.h1bvisasucks.com/H1BDiscussions_issues.htm

Presidential Candidate Hillary Rodham and India's
    US envoy Lalit Mansingh
    at the launch of the taxpayer funded
    Friends of India Caucus - co sponsored by John Cornyn

Senator Cornyn (back row, left of center) with the
    Taxpayer funded Friends of India Caucus. Nearly a million Americans
    have lost their jobs to India so far.

Presidential Candidate Hillary Rodham, head of the Friends of India Caucus,
    discusses the Nukes for mangos trade agreement with her globalist buddy.

Here are THEIR talking points, from Immigration Voice:

"HELP get us out of our 'Great Depression'.

American businesses are facing a serious crisis: an unprecedented sixteen-month restriction on access to new H-1B visas for temporary professional employees, coupled with an ever-present, continually growing, and now crippling employment-based (EB) green card backlog for permanent hires. I urge you to take immediate steps to fix this problem in the lame duck session after the November elections.

In support of SKIL and other relief measures for High Skilled Immigrants:

A. NATIONAL & ORGANIZATIONAL COMPETITIVENESS - Will a capitalist country like America support the notion that a worker's 'country of origin' matters more on the job than 'meritrocracy, hard work and results'?
    HARD TO BELIEVE? Just look at US companies and universities are unable to freely deploy and redeploy high skill knowledge workers that can help them meet the organizations' economic objectives and US competiteveness interests! Knowledge work knows no national boundaries. Preserve high skill work within the US regardless of workers' country of origin and help preserve high tax and social security contribution within the US!

B. CAPITALISM & FREE MARKETS - Will a democracy like America support the notion that 'indentured servitude' by highly skilled labor is acceptable in a nation of the 'brave and free' where notions of indentured servitude was outlawed in the 20th century?
    HARD TO BELIEVE? Just look at highly skilled professionals with H1B's stuck in companies and jobs for *years* with uncertainty where they cannot freely participate in the economic development and progress of this country. They are, for all practical purposes, tied to the yoke until their Green Cards are available. They are indentured labor because of retrogression and backlogs with visa numbers.

C. HUMAN RIGHTS & WOMEN RIGHTS - Will a leading Human Rights supporter like America support the notion that 'women should be forced to sit at home' only because they are spouses of highly skilled labor and hence have to be 'forced to have babies because they are on a H4'?
    HARD TO BELIEVE? Just look at wives of H1B workers, many with advanced education and work experience, stuck at home and at risk for social, psychological and physiological degradation and abuse only because they are trapped within the 4 walls and cannot participate freely in the land of opportunity and hard work? They are, for all practical purposes, subject to the restrictions of the Middle-Ages women/wives that were forced out of opportunity and development.

It is EASY for us to get misled by hype and hyperbole when talking about immigration. For a land built by immigration, the very title cannot and should not become a lightening rod!

Respected elected official, I urge you, beg you, beseech of you to please consider the net-economic value and social value that we, the highly skilled LEGAL immigrant workforce continue to bring to the USA.

We seek neither entitlement nor social promotion
    We seek no social service
    We seek no special treatments

We just ask that you be aware of the above pain points and bring much needed relief to legal, law-abiding, tax-paying and country-loving knowledge workers and help retain their passion, energy, jobs and taxes within the USA!

History shows us that the nation was not built on artificial promises of protectionism. The spirit of bold vision, free adventure and hard work built this nation into its pre-eminent position. Will you, respected leader, help continue to cherish and support this hoary tradition?

The lame duck session offers the last chance this year to provide American businesses the relief they urgently need to remain afloat and retain their competitive edge over companies around the world. Only by permanently increasing the H-1B and EB cap numbers, as the SKIL Bill introduced in both the House (H.R. 5744) and Senate (S. 2691) proposes, and as was also passed in the Senate as part of its Comprehensive Immigration Reform package (S. 2611), can American businesses continue to function.

Crisis with EB green cards. Backlogs have resulted for individuals coming from high-demand countries, even when the overall cap has not been reached and regardless of the fact that these high-demand countries are often the only source of individuals capable of filling high-skilled jobs American businesses need. Those caught in the backlog are forced to spend up to seven years waiting, unable to become true stakeholders in our country, putting their lives on hold in the hopes that a green card will eventually become available to them. Not surprisingly, these talented professionals often tire of waiting and leave the U.S. to put their knowledge and skills to use in other countries eager to compete with and surpass the U.S.

Every day that passes without access to these high-skilled workers is a lost opportunity for growth, productivity, and innovation. But this need not be the case.

YOU can make the difference to the lives of thousands of hardworking professionals that love the US of A and their families for generations to come. HELP get us out of our 'Great Depression'.

Please, Sir, I BEG of you, as a highly skilled professional, I have high hopes and dreams of continuing to contribute to this great economy and nation. Help support legal immigration relief and provide a sliver of hope to people like me, so that we can see our families and next generations become integral contributors to the fabric of this great nation.

We are helpless, but not without hope.
    We are powerless, but not without pride.

In God We Trust, In You We Entrust, our lives and livelihood
    ;"

Theirs sound pretty lame to me, compared to ours.

Banned
    Betsy, I think the folks at ImmigrationVoice should focus on developing their own high tech industries in their homes countries rather than on putting all their eggs in the USA basket.

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    Backlogs have resulted for individuals coming from high-demand countries, even when the overall cap has not been reached and regardless of the fact that these high-demand countries are often the only source of individuals capable of filling high-skilled jobs American businesses need.
    If these high-demand countries are often the only source of employees for American high-tech firms, why do they have to come to the US to receive training and shadow American employees whose jobs they take? Hmm?

Banned
    Good point millere. Doesn't that provide even more proof that Americans are being pushed out of jobs so employers can pay lower wages to non-citizens? I think I'm gonna stop buying Microsoft software - all it does is crash anyway.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast