Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pennsylvania: Catholic Charities Shopping for New Refugee Sites within 100-Mile Radiu

Pennsylvania: Catholic Charities Shopping for New Refugee Sites within 100-Mile Radius

01/19/2020 ~ Ann Corcoran

And, they are accompanied by a paper company executive who wants a small community nearly 60 miles from Harrisburg, PA to ‘welcome’ refugees the company wants to employ.

I have been saying for twelve years that there is an unholy alliance between businesses seeking cheap labor and ‘religious’ resettlement contractors acting as their head hunters!

Additionally, in case you thought I didn’t have my facts, here we see clearly that this US Conference of Catholic Bishops’ subcontractor*** is talking about the 100-mile radius from their office in which refugee resettlement agencies can place refugees.

We should be thanking the President for his September Executive Order even if the contractors succeed in killing it in the courts because we are learning new things every day and citizens like those in Juniata Terrace, PA, like those in Beltrami County, MN, are being educated.

Catholic Charities is out and about lining up new locations within a hundred miles of Harrisburg!
    From The Lewistown Sentinel (emphasis below is mine):

JUNIATA TERRACE–The public was out in full force Tuesday night for the Catholic Charities group presentation of their refugee resettlement plan to the Juniata Terrace Borough Council.

Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Harrisburg is 35% taxpayer funded. An additional 40% of their income is ‘service fees’ which I assume taxpayers are funding as well.

http://www.cchbg.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/2019__Catholic_Charities_ANNUAL_REPORT.pdf

Anne Lusk and Amin Habeeb [Egyptian see here.—ed] from Catholic Charities spoke about the resettlement to the public and the council. Lusk and Habeeb wanted to lay out the facts so the council and the public had a better understanding of the program. The resettlement will not be happening any time soon. [But they are getting people primed because they think that when the Dems regain the White House, the gates will open wide.—ed]

Programs like this are popping up all over the country and Pennsylvania is no exception. Lusk spoke on the major presence of resettled refugees in areas like Lancaster County, noting that Cumberland County had also recently passed the program for their area. [Juniata Terrace is in Mifflin County so it appears the county itself has not consented (so far).—ed]

Seeking locations within 100-mile radius!

The program is based out of Harrisburg and is attempting to resettle refugees within a 100-mile radius.
    These refugees are fleeing issues in their home country, whether religious prosecution, war or other struggles.

Catholic Charities lining up future locations!

For now, the charity is visiting different locations in Mifflin county to provide information to the boroughs so they can decide whether to adopt the program at a later time. The refugees who are part of the program are “very educated and very hard workers and are respectful to the community,”according to Lusk.

She has no idea if the refugees are “educated” and “respectful” because Catholic Charities, nor the county or state, is permitted to choose refugees—they will get what they get from anywhere in the world: impoverished and uneducated Congolese or demanding Somalis, or Iraqis who think low-skilled work is beneath them, for example!

We are paying for Catholic Charities to act as an employment service!

Here we see that Catholic Charities is working with business interests to supply them with workers! What the h*** ! Why are we, taxpayers, paying for this!

Donald Chapman III, president of Nittany Paper, was also present.

Chapman contacted the Catholic charity for help finding workers for the paper company as they look to expand.

The positions would be full-time. According to him, bringing in the refugees would not take away from the jobs for county citizens. The program is meant to have a positive impact on the local area as a whole.

The program would integrate, at most, 10 families and settle them into the area. They would have a jobs at Nittany Paper and a living space near the company, making transportation to work easier. [Living space near the company? Is the company paying for that, or are the taxpayers shelling out for the housing?—ed]

Attending members of the public expressed concerns about the program. Several citizens were worried about crime and an increase in drug problems if the resettlement were allowed. The public also expressed concern for how the community will support the influx of people. Tensions ran palpably high during the presentation, with several agruements breaking out between citizens.

The Catholic Charities group will be present at next month’s Lewistown Borough Council meeting, according to Lusk.

Many thanks to The Sentinel!

*** I’m going back to correct my ‘Knowledge is Power III’ post where I said I didn’t have a list of the Bishop’s subcontractors. I found it in the course of researching this story. Go here to see the long list of subcontractors working for the US Conference of Catholic Bishops.

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.org/2020/01/19/pennsylvania-catholic-charities-shopping-for-new-refugee-sites-within-100-mile-radius/

Last edited by Beezer; 01-19-2020 at 05:15 PM.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Resettle our homeless and our citizens getting out of jail to take those jobs!!!

Low Risk Prison work program!!!

No more refugees!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL