Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Please answer my question?

I'am a Mexican American and my family has been in the U.S.A. for generations. (MOD EDIT) and stereo-types on this forum about mexicans and I was wondering how you people would judge me? I also feel all illegals should go back to there country of origin and come in legally. I'am proud to be American and I feel torn between this issue because of the comments on this forum but I feel aligned with most Americans on this issue. Would the common white american stereo type me because of illegal aliens?

Joelous,

Welcome to the forum. Please settle in and give us a chance. We are not haters. We are a little wond up right now but not haters. I think you will find that we think a lot like you do about the issues.

I'm sorry that you feel that way. We understand that there are many wonderful Mexican Americans in America that disserve to be here and disserve respect. You are caught in the middle of this debate. I as a Texan differentiate between a Mexican American and an illegal alien.

Also, a lot of times Mexican is used instead of Hispanics or Latin Americans. True, most of the illegals aliens are from Mexico so often Mexican is used instead of Latin American. Kinda like every soda is a Coke. Just a general term.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Joelous, welcome.

I can only answer for myself. I spent most of my life working in Mexico. For a time I lived in El Paso and went to work each day in my office in Juarez. Also, spent so many trips to Torreon I cannot cannot count. I like & respect the Mexican culture. I feel Mexicans have a right to feel proud about many accomplishments in Mexico. I also know from my friends there that they are also mad and even ashamed of the corruption that goes on in Mexico.

When I worked in Mexico I paid Mexico taxes & USA taxes and Mexico visa. So, I accept any new immigrant that goes through the proper steps to become an American citizen. But I do not want anyone to come here illegally and short circuit our welfare and tax system. Now I understand that many of these people are just looking to better themselves, but they still must follow the legal route.

I can tell you that race has absolutely nothing to do with my views. I would complain the same if it was Canadians (or other) that were the issue. I think Mexicans will respect us more...not less for enforcing our laws.

PS. For me the term Mexican is not derogatory. The guys I worked with called themselves Mexican...not Latino or Hispanic. So, it seems most of who we are dealing with are from Mexico. But most of the time I use Hispanic talking about the general issue.

Also, no matter Mexican American or not. If you are an American citizen you are 100% citizen...not 1% less than any other American.

Some of my best friends are Mexician, Hispanic (whatever you want to call them). I don't label them in terms of race, color,orgin..etc. They are good friends and good Americians. This is not a racist issue nor is this a racist discussion forum. You are welcome here and any other legal citizen who is interested in perserving our nation.

If you are here legally and respect our laws it doesn't matter what race you are, we have many races involved in our forum. I will have to admit though you may be stereotyped in the world because of your race. Everybody is at one point or another, it is just an unfortunate part of being human.
    I don't believe anybody here hates mexicans or any race for that matter people who come to this forum and use racist terms are quickly eliminated. We don't put up with that type of ingnorance. The reality of the situation is that the majority of the people in the streets fighting for illegals are mexican it is just a fact. They have turned this into a race issue we just want illegals out it doesn't matter what race they are. But since the majority happen to be mexican they can easily scream "racism" when in reality they should be shouting " law obeyers" the law's being broken are all this is about. Welcome to the forum and welcome to the good fight.

Welcome to the Forum, Joelous!!

To answer your question, my heavens sakes, no no no no.

Here's how I know. My heritage is English-Irish. There are at least 40,000 illegal Irish Nationals in the United States. I want them on the first boat or plane back to Ireland yesterday.

If while ICE is trying to round them up, they stopped me because they type me an illegal Irish by mistake, would I care? No. In fact I would be glad because then I would know ICE was trying to find them to deport them.

And I would not be offended if I heard or read of complaints about them from people wanting to stop illegal immigration and deport illegal aliens. If they said something like, "those low down thieving conniving Irish over here stealing our jobs; abusing our programs; crowding our schools; sucking up to Kennedy and McCain JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE IRISH", I'd join in and say GET THEM OUT AND KEEP THEM OUT!!

Why does it not bother me to hear people complain of people from my heritage? Because I'm not Irish and the Irish are not my fellow citizens. I'm American, just like you.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Welcome. Our refference are to the unruly mobs and Mexico itself, and the culture they encourage in that country.

Unfortunately Mexico and the culture of lawlessness has spilled over into our boarders. At this time it is effecting all Americans. We too have been racialy and National attacked with insults. Every La Raza site goes even one step farther to encourage those who follow them to break yet more laws, remain unlawful and unruly and resort to physical violence. This has stirred a great rage in many Americans. And greater yet that our government is selling out to their demands and corporate money.

This without a doubt has become an extremely tension filled and heated situation. I am sorry if you take the comments personaly, they are not intended to be. But, please do remember we take all their racist comments just as personally.

Welcome to the Forum,

Please excuse other's comments, at the moment we are very frustrated right now, and do tend to slip up. We are only humans, you will find though that many of us are from different backgrounds. I myself being hawaiian. Any race, gender, origin will be welcomed here at ALIPAC. This is a place where americans can come together and share common goals and ideas to protect the united states of america. I'll look forward to seeing you around

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Joelous, you are an American, period, so to us that is all that matters. I attempt myself to refrain from using the name Mexican because it is a race name, and this is not about race, it is about illegal aliens.

So, I refer to them as "illegal aliens" because truthfully, there might be many that are from the Middle East, from Canada, from Europe and elsewhere, yes the majority are from Mexico and Central America.

There is a website too that might interest you and that is Latino Americans for Immigration Reform. They are also Americans of Mexican descent and want the same as most Americans.

We welcome you to keep us on our toes about use of terms that might be seen as derogatory, it helps us all learn and grow in this fight. Being of Mexican descent yourself also lends more credence to your activism, as you have a right to say it truly is an American issue and they cannot say you are practising racism.

We need you here and hope you stay and help us. We want our government to do their jobs and enforce our immigration laws.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

thank you guys for answering my question. Just like I said before I'am a mexican american and I have been attacked before by illegal mexicans because they said I act white and even though I am a target by them I still don't hate them or say racist remarks. I am proud to be a American and I would never want to live in another country. I live in Salt Lake City and there are alot of illegals and alot of hispanic gangs who target mexican americans it just seems harder for us because we feel like we are targeted by both sides. your statements make me feel better but I feel there are others on this forum that (MOD EDIT)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast