Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

PLEASE - PLEASE LOOK at THIS!!! Teaching KIT for Elementary

This is an absolute shock! This can't be for real....BUT IT IS!!
    Look at the "story" - 2nd part

http://www.tolerance.org/teach/resource ... gen-112006

A Teaching Kit for Preschool and Elementary Grades

Rhinos and RaspberriesRhinos & Raspberries: Tolerance Tales for the Early Grades showcases 12 stories from around the world and is designed to promote both character education and literacy in preK-6 classrooms.

Featuring a forward by Newbery Medal-winning children's author, Lois Lowry, this groundbreaking anthology is free to classroom teachers; the kit provides:

* A hardcover book for teachers that includes 12 fully illustrated stories, along with activity ideas, discussion prompts and 10 lesson plans.

* Six copies each of two smaller, softcover books for student reading in small groups.

.................................................. ......
    Rhinos & Raspberries: Friendship Without Barriers

Fall 2006 -- Teaching Tolerance's release "Rhinos and Raspberries: Tolerance Tales for the Early Grades," is a literature-based teaching kit for grades preK-6. This lesson is excerpted from the teaching kit.

Objectives

* Students will understand what they can do to make friends.
    * Students will understand the things they do to discourage friendship.

Time and Materials

* One or more class sessions
    * Poster paper and markers

Note: This lesson is especially relevant to the study of "Papalotzin and the Monarchs/Papalotzin y las monarcas" and "Old Joe and the Carpenter," but it can be adapted for use as a friendship theme for any of the stories.

The Lesson
    This lesson examines what it means to be a friend. Many of the stories in this book address friendship. This lesson compares unkind or unfriendly behaviors with kind or friendly behaviors.

Discussion
    Discuss of the image of the wall in "Papalotzin and the Monarchs/Papalotzin y las monarcas" or the bridge in "Old Joe and the Carpenter." Use these questions as a guide:

* Why do you think the Great North would build a wall around itself or Old Joe would want a fence? Why do you think this? Are there both good reasons and bad reasons?

* Have you ever seen someone you know "wall out" someone else? What was that like? Have you ever had a friend make an apology -- "build a bridge" -- after saying or doing something hurtful? What was that like?

* How do you think it feels to be kept out of something you want to be a part of, or to be put on the other side of a wall or a fence?

* If someone puts up a wall or fence, what do you think you can do to tear it down? How would you do that?

Extending the Lesson
    After the discussion, have students make two lists. The first is what others might say to put up a wall. For example, "You can't play with us anymore."

The second is a list of things others say to tear walls down/build bridges. For example, "We would like it if you played with us at recess today." Keep the two lists up in the classroom and refer back to them as necessary.
    As an alternative activity, have students write a letter to a character in one of the stories, describing how the character behaves to encourage or discourage friendship.

Order Rhinos & Raspberries
    Rhinos and Raspberries: Tolerance Tales for the Early Grades is free to educators working with youth in grades preK-6. Order now.

Mix It Up
    For more ideas on addressing social boundaries at school, visit Mix It Up.

http://www.tolerance.org/teach/activiti ... sp?&ar=697
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wow!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'll send this to a couple of teachers I know and see if they are force feeding this tripe to the kids.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

What the heck does "friendship" have to do with people who break our laws? This reminds me of the brain washing they told us the communists did.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    What the heck does "friendship" have to do with people who break our laws? This reminds me of the brain washing they told us the communists did.
    EXACTLY!!!!

very similar to the nazi's and communists.
    Much like china, viet nam, soviet union, germany, cuba etc. etc.

Grades K - College

LegalUSCitizen's Curriculum

REAL LIFE PROBLEMS

What would you do if you put a sign on your front door that said "knock before entering". Everyday when you came home from school you found several people in your house. You did not know who they were or where they came from. They would sleep in your bed, play with your toys (breaking some of them) and demand that your mommy and daddy pay for their doctor bills.

What should your mommy and daddy do?

A. Say to them, "It's okay because our house is your house."

B. Tell them they should respect other people and not behave like this?

C. Give them some of your toys and some candy and hope they will leave and not come back again?

D. Tell them to leave, lock the door and call the police?

E. Realize that you are an American so you must let people do whatever
    they want to you.

Bonus Question: Which one would President Bush tell you to choose?

That is discusting!

The bright side of that is our kids don't learn anything else in our schools, why should we think they'll pick up on this

But seriously, I hope that can be stopped.
    A Nation with no borders is not a Nation"
    --Ronald Reagan

D it Legal I was trying to drink something. Got any more curriculum?
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is propaganda alright. I know that there were some teaching materials that were banned in Broward County but I am not sure if it was that one.
    They are the ones that need to be taught respect as they don't assimulate into our culture. Maybe I should write a book for them on how my daughter felt at a police explorer meeting when she brought cake and soda as it was her birthday and they had a party. The Hispanic teenagers who speak perfect English all spoke Spanish so my daughter kept walking out. The man in charge called her back once and she returned but the teenagers continued in Spanish. She walked out again and was told by the male instructor it was rude for her to leave. Then she told him that the others were rude not to speak English. He actually spoke to them about that and has had to remind them on numerous occassions. I have witnessed that behavior myself and was not impressed.

Great find Sis! Shows how much work we have to do.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast