Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    I think this idea should be a strong possibility when the bill gets to the House. This would be our last chance. A date could be determined by those who outline when the most significant impact would be.

I agree with htxpert. I believe a well-organized movement could be created and arranged, esp. when coordinated with several organizations and some of the activist groups. I'm not far from DC -- I would commit to this. I can easily get 100 more to show, as well.

"A Million Americans"

Don't think it can't be achieved. There are more than a million who are frothing at the mouth over the audacity of illegals demanding "rights" and benefits that USED TO BE benefits for U.S. citizens. Washington deserves a citizen-flood. Maybe they'd even declare the area a "federal disaster".
    "The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by htxpert
    I think there is tremendous anger in this country. I have never seen this type of distain for the government from the American people in my lifetime. I think if the event is well organized it can be successful. Remember we have very strong allies in talk radio as they seem to be just as angry. I think we should prepare and be ready to set dates as soon as we find out what happens on Thursday.

PS.. A good name for the march would be "A day without a tax payer"
    I agree although Steve had some good points about timing i think the country as a whole is very pissed off and would march after Today, remember July 4th vacations are coming up so people would have time
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Well this old soldier is ready to report to duty and take orders. Now all we need is a command center.

At the Feet to the Fire event there were alot of Radio Hosts...but from what I heard the turnout in DC of citizens was disappointing.

Again...a large crowd is going to have to come from the local area--which means you need lots of well organized and full-time committed activists in that area to make it happen. And let's not forget the cash to buy ads in print, radio, tv, etc. to get the people out.
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Again...a large crowd is going to have to come from the local area--which means you need lots of well organized and full-time committed activists in that area to make it happen. And let's not forget the cash to buy ads in print, radio, tv, etc. to get the people out.
    Then we better stop talking about it and get busy, because the America that we grew up in will be no more.

There may be a lot of angry people...but even 3/4 of those won't make a phone call.

The regualr ALIPACERS are a unique group. Don't confuse the level of our committment with that of the general public.

Id be happy if you can get your neighbors to march in your own towns. That will gague their willingness to participate in a larger march.

I will be very impressed if everyone can get 500 people to march in your own towns this week. Video it so we can place it on utube. Instead of one march, have 1,000 marches. Or if you can get 2,000 people to march in 500 marches--doesn't that equal 1 million?

Plus it is cheaper and fits peoples work schedules.
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    There may be a lot of angry people...but even 3/4 of those won't make a phone call.

The regualr ALIPACERS are a unique group. Don't confuse the level of our committment with that of the general public.

Id be happy if you can get your neighbors to march in your own towns. That will gague their willingness to participate in a larger march.

I will be very impressed if everyone can get 500 people to march in your own towns this week. Video it so we can place it on utube. Instead of one march, have 1,000 marches. Or if you can get 2,000 people to march in 500 marches--doesn't that equal 1 million?

Plus it is cheaper and fits peoples work schedules.
    I totally agree. The ALIPACERS are a unique group. Very few people at my work or my husband's work care. If you talk to them about it they either don't know or if you try to educate them they could not be bothered. Those who do care work and a lot cannot affford or are unwilling to go. I am sorry but a lot of people are too into their cars and plasma tv's and johnny's soccer games to care. It will be a real rude awakening for all these apathetic people when we are a third world country. The illegal alien lobby has buses, gives the marchers $$ and food. Plus a lot of them are getting welfare, etc and don't have to work. If they do work, companies like Miller give them the day off to protest.

I am not giving up, I will keep calling, faxing, etc. I will go to protests. I am going to Sen Gregg's office on Thursday. It is just a shame more Amercians and legal citizens do not get involved. They are too interested in Paris Hilton.

I agree that our faces have to be seen and our signs read, but would it be just as effective to try for 100,000 in 10 cities, or 50,000 in 20 cities? We were in D.C. last year and it was a nightmare. Due to the post-9/11 security, parking over the entire city is extremely limited. The trains are unwieldy and hotels VERY expensive. Also, the city is packed with tourists every day. Just a thought. I love the brainstorming!

I see your point about Washington.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast