Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Preparing to open up on John Kasich! Please help.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Kasich: Here’s How I’ll Win the Nomination – and the Election

By Eric Pianin March 21, 2016 6:15 AM

Ohio Gov. John Kasich on Sunday laid out his strategy for overtaking frontrunner Donald Trump and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz to win the GOP presidential nomination this summer, and it pretty much hinges on a political wing and a prayer.

During appearances on several Sunday talk shows, Kasich -- who has thus far won just a single primary contest in his home state of Ohio – was adamant that Trump will come up short in the delegate count prior to the July national convention in Cleveland. Kasich predicted he will eventually garner the nomination in an open convention on the basis of his broad government experience and electability in a general election against Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Unfazed by billionaire businessman Trump’s warnings of rioting by his supporters if he is denied the nomination, Kasich voiced boundless optimism that his experience in the House balancing the budget and reforming the Pentagon in the 1990s and as a successful governor of a major Midwestern industrial state will help him win.

“I think when they take a look at my record, both in Washington and Ohio with the job growth, the wage growth, reforming the Pentagon, and can understand I have the cross-over appeal, I think I will be picked,” Kasich said during an appearance on CBS News’ Face the Nation. “So, I don’t think anybody is going to get there with the delegates that they need to win.”

Kasich was highly dismissive of calls by both arch-conservatives and more establishment Republicans to drop out of the race so that Cruz, who has more delegates than Kasich, would have a better chance of overtaking Trump. For instance, Cruz would have a much better chance of winning Utah’s 40 delegates on Tuesday with Kasich out of the picture.

“Right now, every vote for John Kasich is a vote for Donald Trump,” Cruz told reporters over the weekend during intense campaigning in Arizona and Utah ahead of Tuesday’s primaries.
    “Wait a minute. Why don’t they drop out?” Kasich snapped. “I’m the one who can win in the fall.”

Kasich said that it was both “inappropriate” and “outrageous” for Trump to suggest there would be riots if the party denied him the nomination this summer if he falls just shy of the 1,237 delegates needed to claim the nomination. “Leaders don't imply violence," Kasich told John Dickerson, host of Face the Nation.

“While we have our differences and disagreements, we're Americans,” Kasich said in response to a question about whether he thought Trump was actually fomenting violence. “Americans don't say, 'Let's take to the streets and have violence.'"

Trump was at it again on Sunday, downplaying any culpability he had in recent fist-fights at his campaign rallies and trying to explain why many of his supporters – including newcomers to the party attracted by his angry populist themes – might be motivated to riot if they thought he was being cheated out of the nomination.

“If you’re going to disenfranchise all of those people, some of whom have never voted before … I don’t know what’s going to happen, but I can say this, we’re going to have a lot of very unhappy people,” Trump told George Stephanopoulos on ABC’s This Week.

Trump so far has won 18 of the 30 GOP primary and caucus contests this year and has racked up 678 delegates – or little more than half of the 1,237 delegates needed to win the nomination. Cruz, the tea party conservative from Texas, has won eight contests and claimed 413 delegates. And Kasich is bringing up the rear with just one victory to his name and 143 delegates.

Trump warned that Republicans would almost certainly lose in November if the GOP “disenfranchises” all the people he has brought into the party during the primary contests.

But many in the party – including some mounting an “anybody but Trump” campaign or are contemplating supporting an independent, third-party candidate in the fall – hotly dispute Trump’s claim that he would be entitled to the nomination, even if he arrives at the convention several hundred delegates short of a majority.

Republican National Committee Chair Reince Priebus, who has remained neutral on the contest as Trump has exerted more influence over the party’s direction, said Sunday that the real estate magnate was not entitled to the nomination unless he can win a majority of the delegates.

“You to have a majority of the delegates in order to be the nominee,” Priebus said in an interview on This Week. “There’s nothing magical about the number. It’s 50 percent plus one.”

He added that “no one is disenfranchised” by the process, even if Trump ultimately loses the contest in a convention that goes beyond the first ballot. Voters are enfranchised because they are electing delegates to the national convention who are bound to their candidates on the first ballot. “That’s all it is,” he said.

When asked whether he can guarantee that the party’s nominee will be one of the three remaining candidates running now, Priebus replied: “I think it would be somewhat very unusual [if someone else ultimately was nominated], but I can’t 100 percent guarantee that.”

http://news.yahoo.com/kasich-ll-win-...101500313.html

Kasich on getting out of race: 'That's nuts'

Says it isn't likely any GOP candidate will get required 1,237 delegates

By David Wright CNN
    Posted: 11:45 AM, March 21, 2016
    Updated: 11:45 AM, March 21, 2016

John Kasich rejected the suggestion that he is helping Donald Trump win the Republican presidential nomination by staying in the primary race, arguing that he should stay because he is the only GOP candidate who can beat Democrat Hillary Clinton in a general election.

"Am I a spoiler? Of course I'm not a spoiler," Kasich laughed in an interview on CNN's "New Day" on Monday morning.

"If I'm the only one that can beat Hillary in the fall, why would anybody say I should leave? I mean that's just -- that's nuts!"

Kasich was pressed by host Alisyn Camerota to explain his path to the Republican nomination, since it is mathematically impossible for him to reach the 1,237 delegates needed to win the nomination outright -- a fact that supporters of GOP opponent Ted Cruz eagerly point out.

As he has in the past, Kasich countered that it wasn't likely that any of the candidates would end up with the required 1,237 delegates, and that he expected to win nomination at a contested convention because of his electability and record.

"We are probably going to go to a convention, nobody will have enough delegates," he said. "There's not going to be enough delegates for anybody."

"The fact is what we are looking forward to is an extension of this primary process," the Ohio governor continued, "which ultimately will be a convention and there delegates will make a choice. I believe I will be selected because of electability and because of the other thing that we seem to lose sight of: who can be a good president."

Kasich also dismissed his delegate math problem, pointing to favorable Western and Northern states coming up on the primary calendar and joking, "Everything is mathematically -- how many times can we float around the moon or something, mathematically -- who cares about that? (Trump) will not have enough delegates. He's going to go there without enough delegates."

And in a sign of the contentious path forward for the Republican nominating contest, Kasich fired a parting shot at Cruz, who has been among the loudest voices calling on Kasich to drop out and thereby set up a one-on-one contest between the Texas senator and Trump for the GOP nomination.

"People are beginning to look at the three candidates, and they're saying, 'Who can win?'" Kasich said. "Who has the experience? We spent the last seven years saying, 'How could we have elected a first-term United States senator?'"

"I don't think amnesia has totally set in. Maybe it has. We'll wake them up."

© LAKANA

http://www.news4jax.com/news/politic...ace-thats-nuts

He's a spoiler alright and look how he tries to hang on to the successes of other people. I was there when Reagan did this and Reagan did that. He claims he balanced the budget, but it was Clinton who balanced the budget. He went somewhere in Congress after 9/11, yeah, right everyone went somewhere after 9/11, but guess what, you didn't solve the problem or prevent it. Kasich was in Congress before 9/11 and we still had 9/11. Reagan signed amnesty and look where that got us, I bet Kasich was there standing behind Reagan as he signed the bill. Kasich was there when Congress passed NAFTA and voted for it, look where that got us. Now he supports the TPP.

Kasich is wrong on the two key issues of this election: immigration and trade.

And when you're wrong on those two, then you can't be right about anything else, because it's all linked to those two.

Put him to bed, UTAH and ARIZONA. Bring it home for Trump!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Politics
    373105761 Kasich, hanging on in GOP presidential race, says he's most electable

By Patrick Condon Star Tribune
    March 22, 2016 — 4:11pm

Video (02:34) : Republican presidential candidate Ohio Gov. John Kasich responds to Brussels
    terror attacks while speaking at the Minneapolis Club in downtown Minneapolis.

Ohio Gov. John Kasich, one of the Republican Party’s last two alternatives to Donald Trump in the presidential race, stopped in Minneapolis briefly on Tuesday to raise money for his campaign.
    Kasich also used the stop to comment on the bomb attacks in Brussels that left at least 31 dead on Tuesday.

“Today is a sad day for the civilized world,” Kasich said in a press conference at the Minneapolis Club, the site of his fundraiser.

Kasich criticized President Obama for not returning his trip to Cuba in response, and said as president he would put a greater priority on eliminating the Islamic State group, which has claimed responsibility.

Kasich’s Minneapolis visit included no public events or stops, and was limited to the fundraiser. It was hosted by Tom Horner, a former Minnesota Republican operative and public relations executive who was the Independence Party candidate for governor in 2010.

A number of familiar faces from Republican political circles and the business world were at the fundraiser. The Republican race is down to Trump, Kasich and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, and Kasich said he believed none would get enough delegates to prevent a contested Republican national convention.

We’re going to go forward and compete in all the remaining states and the convention will be nothing but an extension of this political process,” Kasich said. He also touted a message of electability.
    “I’m the only candidate according to all the polls who can beat Hillary Clinton in the polls which I think is what our purpose was,” Kasich said.

http://www.startribune.com/kasich-ha...ble/373105761/

The only reason at this early stage that Kasich beats Clinton is because he's more Clinton than she is. Same with those polls awhile back on Cruz and Rubio.

A lot of Democrats like people who welcome Muslims, Illegal Aliens and Open Borders and Hugs. Democrats like people who perpetuate our problems rather than solving them. Democrats like amnesty, instate tuition for illegals, endless foreign student visas that steal seats from American Kids, mountains of new immigrants to steal jobs from American Workers. They love public schools costing more than any in the world with the poorest results because there's 87 languages being spoken in a school system like the Nashville, TN school system. They love everything that dumbs us down, makes us stupid and broke because it all grows government through the welfare poverty state.

So sure, they love candidates like Kasich who supports all their crap and reduces their taxes on top of it. In other words, they love the BoomBahs that created this mess to maintain the status quo and its downward projectory.

Sure, Kasich is the man alright, if you're looking to elect the last President of the United States because we won't be a country any more, just a big blob in the map of the Western Hemisphere governed by the UN and the WTO.

No thanks!

It's Trump for me.
    Last edited by Judy; 03-24-2016 at 11:52 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thank you so much for your research help and input ALIPAC Team!

Here are the results of our labor that has already been read more than 5,000 times here at ALIPAC!

http://www.alipac.us/f8/10-very-bad-...s-know-330521/

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123