Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pres. debate

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I was hoping McCain would clean obama's clock . . . unfortunately they both held their own (even w/all of obama's lies) so I don't think the numbers will change too much after this debate.

McCain did a good job of driving many points home. I still don't know if I can vote for him but I do greatly respect his knowledge, experience and respect for our military!! He is definitely strong in this area and obama can't even compete on this subject. hussein doesn't have a clue!!
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

I didn't hear all of the debate but I did hear a lot of Obama not answering. For instance, McCain had a thoughtful answer about Russia and Georgia and Obama said, against it, and for it in the next sentence. There was just no substance in his answer and often, he said "I agree with McCain". Couldn't even come up with an original answer. I also noticed that Obama didn't mention the leaders involved by name, like McCain did because I'm sure he doesn't know their names.

Obama also said, "as president I will". Arrogant and assuming. Why did he keep interupting McCain? Impulse controll issues.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    MW wrote:

I think the debate had a set agenda, and that agenda didn't include amnesty.
    Oops, I intended on saying immigration, not amnesty.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie

Obama also said, "as president I will". Arrogant and assuming. Why did he keep interupting McCain? Impulse controll issues.

Dixie
    That really stuck out like a sore thumb for me as well. Irritating...presumptuous. Even McCain at one point said something like, well I'm not president yet, I don't set the schedule, and I don't have a seal. Was he alluding to the 'Seal of Obama.'
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think McCain came across very well. I liked his position of lowering spending and taxes.

McCain did mention once how important it is to secure the border.

Obama kept blaming McCain for Bush's decision regarding the Iraq war and spoke as if no Democrat had anything to do with getting into this war.

What scares me about Obama is that he is a Democrat and they specialize in lying and extorting or spending other people's money.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

iThey did not mention amnesty. Mc Cain schooled obama on Tax breaks though.
    I don't like the way Obama is somewhat interrogating Mc Cain on war, as to let the entire world know what Mc Cain is thinking, as if to bring out Mc Cain's agenda, or knowledge and tact. Obama has little to no experience, like a child behind the wheel of a car . I feel Mc Cain is much more seasoned and fit, although I did not like his proposed cuts to programs, except for defense, but I suppose we cannot cut defense spending while engaged in a war.
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.

Obama did better than I expected tonight. I thought he'd be nervous without his teleprompter, which he was at first, but he got more comfortable as the debate progressed. McCain did very well too. He did not make any mistakes. Both were very eloquent and clear in presenting to the public their differences on key issues.

But I have to say I liked Obama better in this debate mostly because I felt he brought specificity to the discussion when they were on the subject of the economy, while McCain was mostly just giving out generalities. For instance, Obama gave us an insight into his tax plan (raising taxes for those individuals who earn 250,000 and above). He also said he'd use the extra revenue to improve our math and science education, invest in renewable energy sources, and allow families across the country to have access to affordable healthcare. He also mentioned the Chinese launch of the spacecraft and how that underlines the need to improve our math and science education or else we'll lag behind other nations when it comes to space exploration and technology and I agree strongly with him.

On the other hand, McCain was obviously stronger on the issue of foreign policy. He's been to the Middle East, the conflict zone, and Obama hasn't. McCain has actually been in a war and knows what it is like so he knows what's on the minds of our soldiers, Obama doesn't. McCain also hammered Obama on the issue of Iran and whether or not he'd meet with the president and that really brought out Obama's naivety. But I have to agree with Obama in that we're spending billions of dollars in Iraq at a time where we need every single dollar we can get here in our own country. Iraq can pay for all the expenses with it's oil revenues so why are we still paying 10 billion a month?

Both did well, but I give 1 point to Obama on this debate. McCain will probably do better when they debate illegal immigration and social issues such as gay marriage, abortion, and gun rights.

McCain spoke in his in usual monotone voice when he spoke about economic issues. Clearly, the economy is not his strong suit; in fact he seems bored with the topic. I also don't like his arrogance and condescension.

I'm no Obama supporter (I'm leaning towards Baldwin), but here's a fact to consider:

According to Smart Money (Oct. 200, if you make less than $111,645.00, Obama's tax proposals will put more money in your pocket than McCain's. If you make more than this amount, McCain's tax proposals will benefit you.

I can't wait to hear the immigration debate. Both are weak in this area for how long?

Will they actually have an immigration debate?? That would be shocking because neither really want to discuss that issue. McCain's numbers immediately go down when he even hints at amnesty and 'God's children.'

I was watching CNN's debate and there is one thing four of us noticed while we were watching. Everytime obama would speak, the camera would stay on him only on the screen. When McCain spoke, they would do a dual screen of both of them.

It would appear even the camera men were partial to obama and tried to give him as much screen time as possible. I am wondering what company the camera men were w/ABC, NBC or CBS???
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast