Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pres. debate

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Populist wrote:

He is and remains Mr. Amnesty.
    Be that as it may, at least he won't have the majority of his party supporting him in his efforts to legalize illegal aliens. Can the same thing be said for Obama?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I know we've had this debate before, but briefly, IMO (and as Krikorian, Kaus and others have said) amnesty would be easier to pass under a McCain adminstration than Obama. Rank and file GOP members would find it easier to buck Obama than an empowered McCain, a man who for which amnesty is very personal. As the The Hill recently reported, House Republicans are already backing off on illegal immigration so as to not challenge Amnesty John.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Populist wrote:

I know we've had this debate before, but briefly, IMO (and as Krikorian, Kaus and others have said) amnesty would be easier to pass under a McCain adminstration than Obama.
    I don't believe it, not for one minute. Remember, Bush wanted amnesty too. Furthermore, along with an Obama win will come more Democrats.

As the The Hill recently reported, House Republicans are already backing off on illegal immigration so as to not challenge Amnesty John.
    I don't believe they're backing off so to say. I just think they are lowering the rhetoric until after the elections. It wouldn't make any sense to stab your candidate in the back. It is my belief that the same Republicans that stood against Bush on the issue will do the same with McCain. Unfortunately, an Obama win could mean a loss of some of those Republicans that we have been depending on to help us in our fight. People need to realize that the majority of the voting public tends to vote straight ticket.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

DJ
    CNN concluded that Obama won that debate something like 60/40%. I dislike them both, but that did unnerve me a bit. I am really frightened of what Obama can do to us if he gets in. I'm wondering how much credence we can give that kind of poll. I guess it all depends on who was taking the survey--and whether they were leaning more to the left than the right.

April
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ
    CNN concluded that Obama won that debate something like 60/40%. I dislike them both, but that did unnerve me a bit. I am really frightened of what Obama can do to us if he gets in. I'm wondering how much credence we can give that kind of poll. I guess it all depends on who was taking the survey--and whether they were leaning more to the left than the right.
    It is hard to believe any MSM polls. In my opinion they are both losers!!

I didnt watch the whole thing but I think McCain won the debate. IMO there is all that much difference between them.

I am not voting for either one anyway.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    I didnt watch the whole thing but I think McCain won the debate. IMO there is all that much difference between them.

I am not voting for either one anyway.
    I have to agree with BB on this. McCain came across as strong, capable, and confident. Barackula seemed wishy washy and unsure of himself. Of course since he is the media darling, they are going to say he won the debate....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If you get a chance, listen to the very last statements from Obama. He mentions his father and how he came to America because it was the land of opportunity, etc., etc. He talks about rebuilding our wonderful reputation around the world, as according to him it USED TO BE... of having the best education, opportunites, etc., and after re-listening to it today, the message I got is basically that he wants to lure as many people to come to America as he possibly can.

That's kind of scarey, given the current circumstances in our country.....I'd rather hear that he would like to see other countries build thmeselves into other lands of opportunity and to do well for themselves than the underlying message which I got from his very last statements.

Quite honestly, I think that he thinks the WHOLE world can come here and my question is to Senator Obama.......isn't that going to make giving all that health care (which really won't be free....we'll pay for it and we know it) to so many more people a little bit difficult?

I'd be interested in knowing if anyone else got this message out of his very last statements.

Obama kept calling McCain "JIM".

McCain kept saying how proud he was of his accomlishments(history) Obama said he didn't care that black were voting for him just because of his color.

Immgration was never mentioned.

Neither could come up with a staight answer on what to do about the Bailout.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by April
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ
    It is hard to believe any MSM polls. In my opinion they are both losers!!
    I agree.
    ------------------------

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast