Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April

Re: Presidental selection

Quote Originally Posted by Wyurm
    Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    "President Tom Tancredo," or "President Ron Paul"
    OK, how about, "President Ron Paul" and "Vice President Tom Tancredo Ticket sound
    I would be happy with any non-globalist. Sadly you have to look at the "2nd tier" to find them and the MSM does their best to make them look un-electable. That goes for both parties.
    It does not matter how the MSM tries to make them look, WE THE PEOPLE are the ones who choose who we want for President. The trick is not to submit to the brainwashing techniques of the globalist owned MSM. If we back the good guys they can win! We must not give up or give in!

Sadly the American people are like brain washed sheep. They don't have a clue how bad Hillary is going to be for the country... But they are going to elect her anyway...We can thank traitor Bush for setting her up to be the next president!

They're all in it together. Plan to march forward with their globalist scheme to control of the world economy. It will never work in the end. I don't listen to all the propaganda.

I saw the info discussing the link below on C-span or somewhere like that (I'm positive it wasn't mainstream media). Might be worth a look.
    ANQ

http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/
    "If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within."
    -- James Madison

Let's take a look at some of the problems a third party movement starts with, in no particular order.

Problem number 1 Funding. At a local, or even at the state level it's possible, (though often difficult) for a political "outsider to get adequate funding to run an effective campaign. This becomes exponentially more difficult at the national level, where the two major parties get virtually all the public funding, and most of the corporate and PAC money as well. Until we change the system, money id the lifeblood of a political campaign, and it's impossible to get far without it - a lot of it.

Problem number 2 Media. Unfortunately, we live in an age where campaigns are media driven. We can argue all day about whether the voters should prefer to get their political knowledge in 20 to 30 second sound-bites, but the fact remains that most do. Needless to say, this part of the difficulty is driven directly by problem number 1; airtime is expensive. It's one thing to do grassroots campaigning without it at the local level, and quite another to do it at the national level. Even the internet is not a sufficiently powerful weapon alone to counteract that. Remember 2004 , when Howard Dean's legion of internet campaigners and bloggers were able to propel him to frontrunner status among a party's hard core loyalists, but not enough to keep him there (it's true enough that Dean's campaign self-destructed, but at that point, he was already pretty much finished; even that kind of base couldn't win him the primary victories he needed. Note also that that was on a fairly level playing field, with mainstream media not fighting the candidate. That's the second part of the media problem, for either a second-tier or third party candidate: getting the media to take his/her candidacy seriously, rather than as an amusing sideshow. The latter of course, is what the media prefer to do. Whether liberal or conservative, the mainstream media are loathe to offend their powerful friends in the two major parties. We can expect nothing but hostility from the MSM, as experience clearly shows; remember those rather odd screen shots from the coverage of the Iowa straw vote? There is a rather interesting symbiotic relationship between big business, the two major parties, and the media (some might choose to call that relationship incestuous, instead-I'm being charitable). In any event, they need each other, and they feed off one another; they don't even have to think to conspire against anyone opposed to any part of their oligarchy; such a reaction is both natural, and totally reflexive to them.

Problem number 3 Voter awareness and recognition. This is the direct corollary of problems 1 & 2. Without media exposure, of the positive sort, it's difficult to get anyone outside of a totally committed, hard-core base to recognize a candidate, much less take that candidate seriously. It's rare for a third party candidate to even get into any major televised debate. In the meanwhile, the voters, being conditioned to think that they have only the two "annointed" candidates to choose from, unwittingly play the game by the pre-existing "rules", as promulgated by the power elites that actually control politics in this country. Thus, most, in the end, will ultimately hold their noses, and vote for the perceived "lesser of two evils", rather than "waste their vote" on a candidate who "cannot win". This is how the voting public has been conditioned to think, and unfortunately, the better part of that public will oblige. Look at the Aaron Russo clip BFR asked me about. Russo actually made sense, and the real substantive differences between the two major parties are in fact more in what they say, rather than in what they actually do. Nevertheless, also observe how quickly his candidacy was marginalized by the media, and how the bulk of public opinion obediently followed suit. Usually, the MSM have only to utter the words "fringe candidate", and that is effectively the kiss of death.

The only effective way to battle this formidable array (actually, it might better be termed a stacked deck), is to have a sufficient number of the voters so entirely fed up with the existing situation, that they are willing to cast aside all previous thinking, and in a very real sense, revolt, only at the polls, rather than in the streets. Nothing less can really hope to turn the tide; what is required is a complete sea change in the attitudes of the majority of Americans. We now may finally have an issue powerful enough to produce such a set of circumstances, but as yet, it has by no means done so, not even close. For that purpose, the majority of the American public must be so outraged, so furious, as to be in a stage of near revolution. As savage as the current controversy is, we would have to have it multiplied by a factor of 10 or more, to achieve the desired result. That is a great challenge, but it must be met if the people are to awake from their complacency. There are only two emotions that will suffice for that; anger, and fear. This will necessitate some stupid actions by our enemies, far beyond anything they have done to this point, but which they may be led to commit, if they feel desperate enough, or frustrated enough.This is, of course, not pleasant to contemplate, but it is likely to require something of that magnitude, perhaps in conjunction with some sort of major economic disruption such as a severe recession, or a government-manufactured financial panic, to arouse the American people to the required extent. These things are, of course, totally beyond our control, and I mention them only to point out that these are the sort of opportunities we will have to have, and be ready to seize, if we are to ultimately prevail in the sort of peaceful revolution I have outlined.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

"I've never given anybody hell; I just tell the truth on them, and they think it's hell!" - Harry Truman

I agree with those points Gadfly. Thing is, with all of the problems of a Third Party emerging, I am willing to take my chances. As the odds of us somehow taking the Republican party out of the hands of the corporate lobbyists is an even steeper hill to climb. Grass-roots activism is the only way we can take back our nation -- not playing ball within the established apparatus.

I just can't see us outbidding the Chamber of Commerce. How can it be done? The establishment is not going to bite the hand that feeds them. Again, campaign reform would have to take on a huge grass-roots populist campaign.....the same that would require a third party at any rate. I say cut out the middle-man, and organize a third party movement, or we can expect more Giuliani's and Bush's to "represent" our concerns.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

BFR,

I believe we are saying basically the same thing, the key will be how fast events unfold. Bear with me for a moment. I've already outlined what I believe the requisite level of outrage among the American people would be in order for us to accomplish our goal, no matter which approach we use. If events move more slowly, i.e. in a timetable that goes out beyond election day 2008, or even within a month or two of it, third party is the only way to go. If however, (and this is a big if but not totally beyond possibility), things were to escalate much sooner, we would not have the time to create a third party to take advantage of it (there would be problems with filing deadlines, etc.) In that case, we would have to improvise very rapidly, on the fly as it were, and that would mean taking over the apparatus of one of the major existing parties. It is the Republican party which at this time appears to be in greater disarray, so that would be the logical choice, should events threaten to out run us in the short term. We may only get one opportunity, and it may well be fleeting, so we had better be prepared to be flexible in grasping it, should it occur sooner than we might expect. Understand that what we are talking about is guerrilla politics, where we must be quick and highly adaptable to succeed.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

"I've never given anybody hell; I just tell the truth on them, and they think it's hell!" - Harry Truman

i think a third party would be more like a last act of defiance makes a point but we still get a globalist as pres. we must work hard and straighten out the republican party!! money makes the world turn tom needs money...

If H> C. is elected it will be the signal for the end of the world (ldo a search for 'mystery babylon')

I'm not trying to frighten ... just inform.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

If Hillary Clinton was dehydrated

If Hillary Clinton was dehydrated; I wouldnt let her quench her thirst from the sweat off of my Jock strap

Same goes as far as voting ... I will never ever vote for more of the insane crap the Bush and Clinton familys have screwed up America with
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar

Re: If Hillary Clinton was dehydrated

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    If Hillary Clinton was dehydrated; I wouldnt let her quench her thirst from the sweat off of my Jock strap

Same goes as far as voting ... I will never ever vote for more of the insane crap the Bush and Clinton familys have screwed up America with
    CFR, Trilateral, any American destroying organizations!!! I would not like to see any of these candidates as the next president of this country!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast