Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I debated whether or not to even watch. I knew I would be so frustrated, and yet had a tiny bit of hope that he would say something worth hearing. I love the part about the national guard. They will be down there, but really have no authority. So if they run into drug smugglers, or human smugglers with guns, they are unarmed? I was hoping he could make it through the 17 minute speech without saying we are a nation of immigrants, or work that americans won't do. But nope, he just had to say it. There was nothing new in that speech, just a bunch a BS, trying to convince us he is going to do something.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Now that Bush's smoke and screen speach has come and gone. What do we do until we get the idot out office in 2008?
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

Quote Originally Posted by WavTek
    The things that Bush didn't say in his speech say more than the words he spoke. If he were really serious about ending illegal immigration and enforcing our laws, he could have said: "If you are in our country illegally, you should go back to your home country and apply to enter the U.S. legally. Until you do that, you will not be welcome here", "If you are an employer of illegal aliens, you are breaking the law and you should stop, otherwise, we will find you and we will prosecute you". But, of course Bush is not serious and he will never say those words that need to be spoken.
    Well said, when Bush says that deporting 12 million is not realistic i want to know why the hell isn't it? I have no problem really with a "Guest Worker" program in theory but we have to rid ourselves of the illegal law breakers first. Amnesty IS NOT the answer!
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Welcom kniggit. We are glad you joined the forum.

I would ask you to reconsider a "guest worker" plan, however. The government is proven time and again that it can't keep track of people whose visas have expired. I have no doubt the same would happen with guest workers. This is just another ploy to allow people in here temporarily, but who will never leave. Besides, the "guests" would number around 5 million, which is way too many needed to work at the "jobs no Americans are willing to do."
    <div>Want some ICE with that cervesa?</div>

please note: the GUEST WORKER or TEMPORARY WORKER program in these bills include

CITIZENSHIP for the ILLEGALS & all their dependents INCLUDING extended family!!! with virtually NO LIMITATIONS

Again........READ the FINE PRINT so that they can't pull the wool over your eyes.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We cannot possibly absorb the estimated 12+ million illegal aliens in our country now, nevermind their extended family that will surely come to get the freebies when they are given amnesty. We must stop this now.....
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

OK i guess my idea of a guest worker program is a little different that Bush's. to me a guest is someone that comes to visit then leaves after awhile. I can see a need for migrant workers to work the fields during harvest season, making some money, then returning to his home. Not giving him full residency to multiply.
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

kniggit WELCOME ...your eyes are going to pop as you learn exactly what's in these so-called bills that they're trying to ram on us.

Glad you're with us.

Words to watch: guest worker, temporary worker, match up worker w/job
    pay a fine

and the newest that just came out into the public today...........

drum rollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

AN OPPORTUNITY FOR ADVANCEMENT
    Amnesty now = **An Opportunity for Advancement**

Slick, eh?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The phrase "temporary, guest-worker" is one of the biggest oxymorons-and deceptions-in modern parlance. There is nothing temporary about them, they are not our guests, and many of them never "work," just as many of the lovely "students" that we welcome into this country from the Middle East-including Saddam Hussein's hench-woman, "Dr. Germ," Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, and the 9/11 hijackers-aren't here to learn, but to destroy.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

I like you SHAPKA! You say the truth!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast