Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Press "2" For English at NY State Dept.of Health

Calling 1-800-698-4543, I was shocked that NY State (we actually called three times because we could not believe it) Dept. of Health, has a "press 2 for English."

we really are losing our nation.

April
    OMG I just called the number and it was press 2 for English!!! WOW

Gives a whole new meaning to we are losing our country!

Re: Press "2" For English at NY State Dept.of Heal

Quote Originally Posted by daleastar
    Calling 1-800-698-4543, I was shocked that NY State (we actually called three times because we could not believe it) Dept. of Health, has a "press 2 for English."

we really are losing our nation.
    1. Just wondering, are there any English-speaking people left in New York ?

2. That's an outrage. People in New York should stand up and complain.

3. Maybe they should divide New York State into two states: English-speaking and non-English speaking states.

4. "Press 3 if you think English-speaking New York state residents are getting screwed." Note: I don't live in New York state.

And to think, I used to respond to complaints about "press 1 for English" by saying, "at least we don't have to press 2 for English."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Guess we've now crossed a line.

I also called the number and got the same thing - "2" for English.

I waited on hold until I got a live person, and asked about this. I asked how many of the callers speak Spanish.

The young woman said it is about half and half. So half of callers to NY State Dept of Health don't speak English! They speak Spanish! 50%! If they don't even speak English, they're obviously not likely to be US citizens or native-born. But they're getting health coverage for their children (thats the dept I got) paid by US tax-payers.

I also asked if this meant the NY DOH only hires bi-lingual workers (so we can accomodate the invaders), but the woman would not answer any more of my questions. (I wasn't rude.)
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Northern California (moved back to fight for our land and freedom)
    In Arizona I was shocked at the number of jobs that "give preference" to bi-lingual applicants. I've been out of work for more than eight months and I can't see anything on the horizon.

I used to tease a writer I knew. I suggested she go to Viet Nam and get citizenship, change her name to a Vietnamese name, then come back here and write a book all the benefits she can get because she is a Vietnamese citizen. She said they probably would not let her become a citizen. Probably true.

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    And to think, I used to respond to complaints about "press 1 for English" by saying, "at least we don't have to press 2 for English."
    Its scary. Just when you think it can't get any worse. Just when you think you're jokingly suggesting an absurdity, the next thing you know it is actually happening!! I will believe anything, anything, at this point.

I really don't doubt that our public school system will in the near future require all students to learn Spanish from grade one. I don't just mean they would have a foreign language requirement, I mean they will require all students to be fluent in Spanish.

And within 10 years, English and Spanish will be made the two equally official languages of the US.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

mirse wrote:
    3. Maybe they should divide New York State into two states: English-speaking and non-English speaking states.
    This kind of division is probably exactly what is going to eventually happen. Though not necessarily government-supported.

daleastar - Welcome to the ALIPAC forum! Though it looks like you registered quite a while ago, it appears to be your first post/comment. Thanks for posting this.

Since WHEN is English delegated to #2. It should be the default (automatic response) and then callers should have to push a number for any other language IF this is required

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast