Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

JRB

Public Involvement in Politics

Could you imagine if 300 Million Tax Paying Voting Legal United States Citizens showed up to the poles and exersized there Right to Vote? Could You imagine if 300 Million Tax Paying Voting Legal United States Citizens Called, Faxed, Wrote Letters Showed up at Meetings with there Political Reps and asked the Hard Questions? A few of them would be Illegal Immigration, Heathcare, Jobs, Outsourcing, National Security. Its time for us to get off our collective backsides and STIR THE POLITICAL POT. Lets put these Elected (BY US) Officials on the hotplate for not listening to us. If they had listened in June they wouldn't have been trying all the new Slippery ways to Spoon Feed Us Amnesty for the Illegal Immigrants. Lets make these Politician earn there money and serve us for a change. Just some thoughts.
    I would also like to bring up an example of priorities being messed up. Do you know I heard more about the deer here in Oregon named Snowball than I have heard about the issues of Illegal Immigration. I Love animals and dont get me wrong but we have to take this fight to Washington DC and not let these Political Reps win this Issue. Its up to US.

You need to minus out the children. I haven't seen any stats lately of how many legal adults there are 18+. I'll see if I can find it.

We have to make sure illegals can't vote....I read that they are REALLY pushing for illegals to sign up for voting....IS THAT POSSIBLE???????????
    Don't we have to show proof....?
    Or is that to difficult for us???????

I am really worried about this

Isn't that some sort of law?????????????????
    This has me worried....................
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Okay, it's not exactly easy to find this info on the US census bureau, but I found one website that listed there are 70 million children. Their website did list our current population at: 302,890,075.

So subtracting 70 million + 12 million adult illegal aliens (approximately) that aren't supposed to be voting, that leaves 220 million. Now how are we going to reach all these people!!

Quote Originally Posted by grandmasmad
    We have to make sure illegals can't vote....I read that they are REALLY pushing for illegals to sign up for voting....IS THAT POSSIBLE???????????
    Don't we have to show proof....?
    Or is that to difficult for us???????

I am really worried about this

Isn't that some sort of law?????????????????
    This has me worried....................
    There are ways they can get some votes they want and in my opinion areas where the Patriots are outnumbered have illegals voting.
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*
    George Phillies (Libertarian)

Although politicians have authority to make laws, I think it is important to understand all the economic and cultural forces at work in this country that are creating a thirst for cheap--and illegal --labor. I think it compares readily with what some call our "addiction to oil." US society has become addicted to hiring illegals.

The US in the twentieth Century gained economic power because it had skilled workers who could eficiently produce things for export that most of the world didn't have. But following World War 2 things really changed:
    1. College education created a huge new group of people that expect professional careers, thus fewer low-skilled workers
    2. These new prodessionals--and other Americans-- do more traveling for business, recreational and educational purposes, thus more hospitality industries and services.
    3. The rise of "convenience outlets"---fast food places, one stop service stations--replaced retail outlets which had been employing skilled workers
    4. A generational boom created a demand for more and bigger housing, more agricultural products and, now, more retirement services. These were lower skill jobs that could be done by immigrants.

This is just naming a few. It is a spiral of upward mobility relying upon an underclass--which then gobbles up social sevices and requires more professionals to manage it, etc. I am afraid that if this country does not act soon this spiral will grow exponentially. But it is being driven by vested interests that may be even more powerful than the US Congress. These interests are : The educational establishment, Chambers of Commerce, Legal assistance groups and law firms.

Since there are traitors in both Parties I would be in favor of a third party, taking a balanced approach between the two. But how do you convince Americans that our educational system is being abused, and at the same time find new things the US can export in a world where we will have two huge nations challenging our industries?
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, in my case, I'm going to nag all my relatives to be sure to vote. I know two people who have NEVER voted. One said he will register this year and is already committed to voting for The Tanc! I'll make sure the other person does the same!

How many people do you know who shrug their shoulders and have never bothered to vote?

Well, in my case, I'm going to nag all my relatives to be sure to vote. I know two people who have NEVER voted. One said he will register this year and is already committed to voting for The Tanc! I'll make sure the other person does the same!

How many people do you know who shrug their shoulders and have never bothered to vote?
    HI CALI: I USED TO NOT VOTE EVERY SINGLE TIME TOO. BUT I STARTED VOTING BY ABSENTEE BALLOT SEVERAL YEARS AGO AND NOW I NEVER MISS VOTING. NEVER. IF YOUR FRIENDS CAN VOTE BY ABSENTEE BALLOT MAYBE YOU COULD SUGGEST IT TO THEM. THEY SEND YOU ALL THE STUFF IN THE MAIL AHEAD OF TIME. BUT YOU HAVE TO SEND IT OUT AHEAD OF TIME TOO. IT MAKES IT SO EASY. YOU JUST MAIL IT IN.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JRB
    Hello All,
    I know the kids cant vote but what I wrote was the disbelief of how many people forgo there rights by not voting or even calling there Political reps. I read somewhere that only 1/3 of the legal age to vote actually vote. Dont you find that distressing? Are people so caught up in there daily routine to not take the time to watch what our Politicians are up to. Its about Priorities. The thing that kills me is after our Politicians create this new better system for the MEGA RICH to get richer are these people who are setting in there backyards drinking Ice Tea going to say OMG what happened? Thats the point Im trying to make. Its time for all of us to make these political puppets understand we are not going to set Idley by and watch this Great Nation fall because of the Mega Riches bottom line. Thanks for all the comments and I do appreciate that there are some Real People out here trying to make a difference. I will be on the phone all day and sending faxes. Lets beat these Politicians at there own game.

Voting question

My son turned 17 last month. He will be 18 before the 08 election and is very excited to be able to vote.

I've been told, however, that he won't have time to register and vote between the time he turns 18 (next Aug) and election day in Nov.

Can anyone clear this up for me? Thanks very much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast