Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GFC
    The project manager has made the illegals stay off the property, but they merely move to the roadway and continue to sell their food. I very seldom eat out in restaurants anymore and I would NEVER, EVER buy homemade food from the trunk of a car.
    They are always circumventing our rules and laws. I guess coming from a country where that is the norm, it is not surprising.

City officials acknowledge that illegal vendors are a growing problem, posing health risks, taking away customers from legitimate businesses and impacting the neighborhood's quality of life.

But they also say they don't have the money, manpower or political will to enforce the ban against unlicensed peddlers or to aggressively prosecute offenders.
    It IS a huge health risk, and IMO ruins the quality of life in neighborhoods.

But thats just an excuse that they dont have the manpower or the money to go after them. A high-school kid with his hands tied behind his back, could shut down illegal alien vendors.

Everyone wants to blame the federal government for the lack of enforcement. And they are right. BUT, cities, towns, and states need to participate in enforcing the laws too.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by GFC
    The effort is so ineffective the officers resort to monthly sweeps with representatives from the City Attorney's Office, Department of Building and Safety and county Department of Health Services.

They target homes where push-cart foods are made, shutting down operations where tamales are cooked on a makeshift stove in the bathtub, lead vats are used for cooking, and hot dogs and mayonnaise used for corn are left at room temperature for days.
    That is scary
    Call the health department for crying out loud. They'll come and site them if the temperatures aren't what they are suppose to be. Call ICE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WSWince they aren't dragging portapotties behind them you pretty much know where the hands touching your food have been.

Never ever buy from a street vendor.

Although street vending is illegal in Los Angeles, it's a booming industry in every corner of the city. Officials estimate there are thousands of flower peddlers, fruit hawkers, and push-cart vendors working the streets, although no one really knows for sure.
    Well Chief Bratton, your "windows" are more than broken, they're lying on the ground being spat upon. You have failed Los Angeles and it's time for you to resign.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    They target homes where push-cart foods are made, shutting down operations where tamales are cooked on a makeshift stove in the bathtub, lead vats are used for cooking, and hot dogs and mayonnaise used for corn are left at room temperature for days.
    HOW DISGUSTING AND DISTURBING!!!

I second that April!

Although street vending is illegal in Los Angeles, it's a booming industry in every corner of the city. Officials estimate there are thousands of flower peddlers, fruit hawkers, and push-cart vendors working the streets, although no one really knows for sure.
    Hmmm committing MORE illegal acts? Pull them over and cite them, ask for ID and when they can't produce it, call ICE along with the cops ( LA cops ) oh geez, I do feel sorry for the LA cops. But hey, when you set yourself up as a "sanctuary" city, you are asking for it.

If I were a LEGAL business owner, I would REFUSE to pay for a license. If they pushed I would scream that LA is violating my civil rights! They let illegal aliens get away with it, why shouldn't I?
    "

WSWince they aren't dragging portapotties behind them you pretty much know where the hands touching your food have been.

Never ever buy from a street vendor.
    A few years ago, I recall seeing a series on street vendors in DC. A local TV station went along with health inspectors. They found bottles of urine in the vendors' carts (need I say more); hotdogs that were not the right temperature; unclean cooking utencils and much, much more. After watching that program, I would never buy from a street vendor. Yet they get away with it. DC is also full of street vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Hmmm committing MORE illegal acts? Pull them over and cite them, ask for ID and when they can't produce it, call ICE along with the cops ( LA cops ) oh geez, I do feel sorry for the LA cops. But hey, when you set yourself up as a "sanctuary" city, you are asking for it.

If I were a LEGAL business owner, I would REFUSE to pay for a license. If they pushed I would scream that LA is violating my civil rights! They let illegal aliens get away with it, why shouldn't I?
    The LEGAL businesses should refuse to pay taxes too . Since the city is promoting a one sided form of Anarchy then it is time to level the playing field and see how that stirs the pot.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast