Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Although street vending is illegal in Los Angeles, it's a booming industry in every corner of the city. Officials estimate there are thousands of flower peddlers, fruit hawkers, and push-cart vendors working the streets, although no one really knows for sure.
    Hmmm committing MORE illegal acts? Pull them over and cite them, ask for ID and when they can't produce it, call ICE along with the cops ( LA cops ) oh geez, I do feel sorry for the LA cops. But hey, when you set yourself up as a "sanctuary" city, you are asking for it.

If I were a LEGAL business owner, I would REFUSE to pay for a license. If they pushed I would scream that LA is violating my civil rights! They let illegal aliens get away with it, why shouldn't I?
    The LEGAL businesses should refuse to pay taxes too . Since the city is promoting a one sided form of Anarchy then it is time to level the playing field and see how that stirs the pot.
    I can't believe anyone eats that poisen food! If Americans want to sell food on the street they have to get a permit, and be tested for TB, etc. But you get a reject from a foreign land and they can sell stinkin slop to any fool who will eat it. Yuck
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

I am in the process of starting up a hot dog cart as we speak. We had to convert a portion of our house into a commercial grade kitchen costing us quite alot of cash. We also have to jump through many hoops to get our permits. (The last one is going to happen next week with an inspection from the health dept.) We also must have an insurance policy that pays up to $50,000 in case someone gets ill. I have to do this legally and yet, there is a Mexican family thats sells food out of their nasty trunk down the street. Several bussiness owners complained to the city and nothing is done to stop them. I know a business owner that told them to get off their lot and the Mexicans just parked it in front of the sidewalk. It's b.s.. basically.
    Che Guevara wears a picture of ME on his t-shirt.

AE

Just think about the many times we have seen children being harrased for selling lemonade on street corners by city officials, and many cities ignore the true problem vendors!

I have had these people come here, with their buckets filled with tamales and bathtub cheese. Then I see these trucks, commonly referred by us as "roach coaches" , for their questionable dirty cooking conditions.

I do believe firmly that if cities such as LA had nipped it in the bud long ago, before it became such a huge problem, that they would have now more control over it. I think it is something that is just beginning here in Oregon and also needs to be addressed before it gets beyond control as in LA and other places.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123