Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A Quaker, Liberal Democrat, Speaks Out Against Illegal Immig

A Quaker, Liberal Democrat, Speaks Out Against Illegal Immigration

Re: Why So Few Iraq War Protest Songs, by Joe Guzzardi

Referring to the lack of anti-war songs, I still have Eve of Destruction on a 45- RPM somewhere. The all- volunteer military certainly has its unintended consequences.

Switching gears, like Guzzardi, I am a liberal Democrat opposed to illegal and massive legal immigration.

I’m also a Quaker which means many of my friends heartily disagree with me.

One friend is actually on the board of directors of a day labor center in Denver! We have traveled to Mexico together, too, so it's an interesting give and take.

I've noticed that we Liberal-Democratic-Quaker anti-immigration folks are out there but remain mostly silent. Most Quakers may believe that anti-immigration sentiment is wrong or that they are unique in their feelings.

Our Quaker group had a meeting to discuss immigration last December. Wow! It got (for Quakers) very rough verbally. But as I said, it was amazing how many who share our opposition to immigration stood up, so to speak.

We need to get more Quakers on board. I always stump the pro-immigration folks, who usually also want high wages, with this: "You cannot simultaneously be for high wages and high immigration."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wow, this is very surprising!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

"I always stump the pro-immigration folks, who usually also want high wages, with this: "You cannot simultaneously be for high wages and high immigration.""

Yes, some people seem to have a lengthy and outrageous list of wants. And then you have to meet their PC specifications to qualify.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)