Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Question bout Donations

I'm all for supporting Alipac but I am wondering why the $15 K goal? I understand it costs to run the site, send out fliers, mail, fund trips, and such.. But just wondering where the money will go..

I've made contributions in the past and last time, was a month ago.. But I guess what I'm getting at is, will this be a ongoing thing where we are constantly going to be asked for donations?

Banned
    The next scheduled fundraiser will be in July, I believe.

Re: Question bout Donations

Quote Originally Posted by EastTX_Dude
    I'm all for supporting Alipac but I am wondering why the $15 K goal? I understand it costs to run the site, send out fliers, mail, fund trips, and such.. But just wondering where the money will go..

I've made contributions in the past and last time, was a month ago.. But I guess what I'm getting at is, will this be a ongoing thing where we are constantly going to be asked for donations?
    EastTX,

Yes, we will be asking for contributions in the future as well. We realize that it is a pain to ask for money and hope we can run two fundraisers per year in Jan and July like this.

If you are happy with and supportive of ALIPAC then give. If you are not, then do not contribute.

All of our expenditures are a matter of public record at www.FEC.gov. We chose a PAC for many reasons, but one of the main reasons is that PACs disclose all outgoing transactions and that was one of the big reasons we started a PAC instead of a 501c3 or 4.

It costs us almost $500 per month to pay all of the fees and costs associated with the website. We also burn up hundreds in long distance and postage each month. We pay for extra press and promotional services to get the message out and bring more activists to us. We give a little bit of money to candidates when we can although we have not had a lot to give them.

We pay Daryl Jurbala a little bit from time to time for special projects and I receive a small salary of 3,000 per month since the ALIPAC Board asked me to focus exclusively on ALIPAC starting last Spring.

3k is much lower than I could be making in my field and far lower than the average income in my city. I have to pay about $800 in taxes out of each of those checks at an Independent Contractractor / Self Employed so my take home is about $2,200 per month.

The salary information should be in your last fundraing letter from shortly after we started that in the middle of 2006.

I worked my first year without any compensation and expended about 20k of my lifelong savings to be able to invest so much time into this. I worked for six months at 500 per month before quitting my other job to do only ALIPAC.

I think if you break down my time Vs pay, my compensation may be approaching about $1.00 / hr.

So with all of our monthly operational costs and one salary we can get by for about three months on 15k.

We have gotten so much done on less than $50,000 in the last two years, but now we have to make the leap into a larger organization like FAIR, NumbersUSA, MCDC, etc...

Of course at 15k, we will not be able to do a lot of the other things we want to do but can't because of funds like radio, or certified polls, etc....

If we raise our 15k from existing donors, I then plan to launch a new donor campaign but you will not see that one running.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well Mr. William, certainly takes a certain type of dedication to do what you do..

I plan to continue to give, but just wanted a little clarification in the matter of expense.

Perhaps there could be ways to trim down the costs involved as well.. Such as long distance you mentioned.. change carriers or phone companies perhaps.

I think having members self promote our website to increase number of hits would ineviatably help bring more funds into ALIPAC via potential new donors as well.

Anyways, appreciate you clearing the money matters up.. I'm a penny pincher by trade (Auditor)...

PS - don't even think illegals would work for $1/hr in this country...

Thanks East TX,

We are looking as some digital phone options to try and save on that bill. We are also considering a bulk rate permit to save on postage. If we can get to where we want to go, we may also form a 501(c)3 or 4 to handle some of our operations and if we can get there, those contributions will be tax deductible.

One of our founders, Senator Fern Shubert, is a tax pro CPA and we get a lot of advice from her.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I donated recently and feel very good about it. Without this site I would feel alone, clueless what to do....

fedup Wrote:
    Without this site I would feel alone, clueless what to do....
    What about your home site? There`s alot going on over there. (just teasing)

I feel the same way.
    ------------------------

Well, I certainly appreciate everyone that is here fighting on our side.

I vow to do my best to bring many more great people here to our site by mid year!

W

Chuckle, you ain't kidding. I never know what will be posted. And I love that it discusses my very own town. I learn all the latest that's going on.

I'm one that keeps pushing the issue of illegal immigration. I started a topic 'Illegal Aliens in Waukegan Part II' that got to over 12,000 views and it recently got locked!! I started a Illegal Aliens in Waukegan Part III just over a week ago and it's already over 800 views. Obviously I get most of my stuff from here. I recently posted a list of things that Waukeganites can do. We'll see...

You're welcome anytime mkfarnam -love your posts.

http://www.waukegan.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6224

There's this pyscho guy on a OBL site that is always brining up ALIPAC funding. W. is very open about the money and no one is forced to donate. How much does Rosa Rosales make? What about the presidents of Mecha and LaRaza? I think LaRaza gets some taxpayer money - is that right?

W. and Jim Gilchrist are pretty much the only spokesmen America has right now and they are supported by voluntary donations. He is always on the board working and doing interviews.

Anway, I'm getting peeved about all the finance talk already.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast