Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph
    Quote Originally Posted by girlygirl369
    The hospitals SHOUOLD BE SMART ENOUGH to know the difference between EMERGENCY and NON-EMERGENCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They are, except its law they cant turn anyone away. Even if its for a scratch.
    That was my point exactly when first replying to the "problem" people saw with #13.

IF we can change things so that ER's can simply and quickly turn away non "emergency" cases, then I do feel that TRUE ER support could be left in. This is America, is it not? Illegal or not, if we start to let people who can not pay, simply bleed to death on the ER's doorstep, then what kind of country do we live in.

However, in the same "breath", if we can not stop the illegals from scamming the system (again, some sort of pre-intake filtering system, that dumps out the non emergency cases), then for our own self-preservation, we "would" have to shut off ALL care to them, vs having the entire system collapse (which is what we have today).

H.

My preferred approach would be to dry up the resource that is drawing them here. That is #1 jobs, and (semi-distant second) public benefits such as food stamps, education, etc.

Just making it have serious consequences for employers, to the point where the benefits of cheap labor are outweighed by the legal and financial liability, would work like waving a magic want across America. You'd see it overnight. Most of the other provisions in the questionaire would become moot if this happened.

The only way this wouldn't work is if there was war or widespread public disaster in Mexico. Then they might become refugees regardless, but that is not the case now. But, for dealing with the resiliant Mexican status quo, it is the jobs here that are singing the siren call.

I'm also opposed to increasing legal immigration until we assimilate what we have and even then, not unless there is some future need. Right now I feel like America is too crowded - maybe this is just me. As a sovereign nation we have the right to regulate immigration for the benefit of citizens already here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No social benefits "period". That's a magnet. Section 8 houseing, food stamps, medical care...

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

At the current time, I have edited the original post (deleting it). A thread like this will be reposted in the near future, with many changes, I am sure.

I have also added the "confiscation" bullet point to the list, and brought up some of the shortcoming posted here.

H.

In re: 13

Can't be done. I can understand how non-medical people might think that it is easy to quickly figure out that a stomach ache is not an emergency before seeing the doctor. I used to think that before I started practicing. Stomach aches can be many things, even for someone who is in for the umpteenth time, some of them life threatening. We have all been burned at one time or another by not taking seriously a "frequent flier" with the same complaint. Doctors have to make that determination, which means that costs have already been incurred. We are trained to take care of patients, not refuse to see them just because they are illegal and/or can't pay. That is an administrative issue. Is it frustrating? You bet. Decreased funding means decreased ability to provide state of the art care, but the biggest chunk of healthcare cost is in personnel which has caused the closings. The sorry state of American medicine was in existence long before the influx of aliens and there are no easy answers.

Then I wonder if this is not all part of God's plan for us. To bring us face to face with our hubris, our sense of entitlement, our loss of values, our passivity, our allowing God to be ACLUed when 80% of us are Christian, our allowing people who do not really care about us to get elected by not voting.

It certainly has energized folks to fight for this great country and regain patriotism and pride in being Americans. We just need to keep spreading the word and enlisting. Thank you, William.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12