Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We are not racist here at all. There are good and bad in every race, culture and religion. A good example of racism is the immigration polciy. There is the wet foot dry foot policy for Cubans but Haitians who have been suffering more for many years do not have the same rights and when boat loads show up, they are sent back.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I feel no need to even deny such claims as they have not been made, there is no evidence of such, and we know better.

Their race card has no impact on me. I am immune. I care not for the use of the term anymore because I have seen it used profusely without due cause.

Each time they have used that ploy it has gotten weaker.

Now, it is rapidly reaching a point with our entire nation where such false claims are but chatter.

Those words have no power over me anymore.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree. They have been screaming wolf for ages and now it has become pointless.

I wonder if they realize that constantly throwing out the "racist" charge is having the opposite effect than what they desire? They intend to intimidate and shut down all debate, and for years it worked. But, as others have pointed out here, it is so worn out and overused that people are becoming numb to it. I think in a way that is not a good thing because possibly when authentic cases of racism present themselves, people might not take them seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by noyoucannot
    I wonder if they realize that constantly throwing out the "racist" charge is having the opposite effect than what they desire? They intend to intimidate and shut down all debate, and for years it worked. But, as others have pointed out here, it is so worn out and overused that people are becoming numb to it. I think in a way that is not a good thing because possibly when authentic cases of racism present themselves, people might not take them seriously.
    I've tried to explain on radio shows many times that what the illegal alien supporters are doing are setting back American concerns about Civil Rights for minorities by decades.

This is just another loss for our society created by illegal immigration and those that support illegal aliens.

W

I read an article by Bryanna Bevens who was a former chief of staff for a member of the California State Assembly. This woman has a good point. This quote comes from:

http://www.vdare.com/bevens/hispanic_month.htm

"Hispanics should realize (and some of them do) that illegal immigration harms Hispanic heritage. If they support the effort to remedy this problem, they won't need a Hispanic Heritgae Awareness Month. They will easily be recognized as Americans ...... of Hispanic descent of course."

I wonder why there are not strict penalties for re-entry after deportation.
    It seems there should be a particularly long prison sentence for felons who have been deported.

"American" is not a race, and last I heard "illegal alien invader" isn't either.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

news sun

This editorial was just published in our local newspaper by Dave Rutter. Many folks (subject of a local call in radio show) are pretty upset at the arrogance of it. It was written by our new editor/publisher of just a couple of months. I doubt he lives in our town or has any idea what we are going through. They're redesigning their website so I couldn't find his email -but when I do I'll put it here if anyone wants to share a few things with this 'I'm better then you are guy.' Most of the letters to the editor, comments to the paper have either been about illegal aliens or the Spanish langauge -learn English.

fedupinwaukegan,
    The email address for David Rutter is:
    drutter@scn1.com

sidebar: A caller on the Lenny Palmer show suggested that those upset about this op/ed contact some of the regular advertisers in the News Sun about their concerns as to how Mr. Rutter views many of his paying LAke County customers (or FORMER customers in my case!)

__________________________________________________ ______

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/news ... S1.article

For racists, the song remains same

September 23, 2006

If you grew up where I did, you'd know about racists

They always sounded the same.

They often were indignant and very angry. It's a tone, a tilt and a particular tense that stuck with me for years.

Though it's not so useful a skill to possess, this long experience qualifies me as an expert

So, when I tell you this, don't take it personally, unless it applies to you and then maybe you should take it very personally

Based on my brief but happy time in Lake County, I'd say there are more racists here than you'd expect in a cosmopolitan, thriving county

Hard at the core, take-no-prisoners, pinch-faced racists, many of whom would argue that they are merely stand-up-for-the-red-white-and-blue Americans

But they kid themselves. They're the same sort who wore hoods and burned crosses when I was a young man. They all sound the same, think the same; value only what separates people. They all see the world from inside the same furrowed, petulant grimace.

And just with the racists of my youth, they almost never admit what they are because they're not adept at self-recognition. Racists always portray themselves as the good guys. The racists of my youth mostly were bigoted about blacks because they were the minority at hand, had very little besides their pride and desire to better themselves and they were easy to pick on. If there had been Vietnamese Boat People or Hmong or Haitians or any other folks with different pigmentation at close enough hand to rage against them, the racists I knew would have been racist about them, too. But those folks hadn't arrived yet.

Many of these pathetic patriots present themselves at the doorstep of this newspaper as letter writers, phone callers and e-mailers. In the spirit of knowing what's on people's minds, we even let some of them have their say because just because you're a repugnant, numbskullified idiot, that should not automatically disqualify you from public discourse

The targets in this county, of course, are Mexican immigrants

It must be difficult to be a local immigrant and know that so many white people dislike you so intensely for reasons that seem so patently preposterous and contrived

Racists always are toweringly angry about other people catching good breaks.

Yes, yes, I know that undocumented immigrants are violating the law, but thousands of born-here folks violate laws every day and never get caught -- or excoriated -- for their evildoingness. We don't execute cigarette company executives for killing millions of fellow citizens, but we prosecute terminally ill cancer patients for smoking marijuana. Go figure

If you are reading this and don't think it applies to you, ask yourself this question

Do you think your great-grandparents would not have leaped at the same chance to come here without properly signed papers?

Mine came from all over Europe. They had the right papers. But if my great-grandpas and ma'ams could not have made it here without breaking the law, without swimming across a shallow, dirty river at the nation's southern border, I bet they would have. They were a feisty, ingenious bunch. They had dreams. You often do what you must for your family. There's time enough later to worry about what people who wear white hoods will say.

Re: news sun

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinwaukegan
    There's time enough later to worry about what people who wear white hoods will say.
    We see the same garbage in our local Detroit papers. We will even get "front page" features that blame Detroit's problems on "white flight" (although white people "staying" gets the blame, too...). These newspaper people are all a bunch of uneducated dolts yet they believe that squawking all the time about racism will make people think they are better than everybody else. These journalists are the real racists. It really is a shame to have to live in a society that is run like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast