Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Racist comment?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wow, okay guys (and gals). I never intended to start a war. It is apparent that in some places, during certain eras, that the word BY ITSELF may have been used as a derogatory reference to a person of dark color.

My question was mostly about whether the entire statement "calling a spade, a spade" is really a racist remark.

I thank everyone for their contributions. There's no need to get upset about this. I was very curious to see if I had inadvertently said something obnoxious, but it's pretty apparent that I did not in the context it was used.
    Proud wife of an undocumented ICE agent.
    Definition of a RACIST according to Madeline Cosman : Real American Committed to Integrity Sovereignty and Truth

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    Hmm...I don't see how that could be considered racist other than the fact that spades are black cards.

Maybe you should have said "hearts" or "diamonds" instead of spades.
    You got it. And you have to be Black to know this. It is no laughing matter to Blacks either.
    People say things that offend people all the time. That is just the way it is and has always been.

Banned
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, people (black AND white) need to grow a SKIN!!! We spend so much of our time being offended we seldom have the time to do anything CONSTRUCTIVE.

Why is it that the lessons we ingrain in our children, or were ingrained in us, don't seem to last beyond the first perceived insult???

Remember this? "Sticks and stones..."

SHEESH!!! GROW UP!!!

Playing the victim is a oft used ploy in todays's world, especially in U.S. society. I believe it is used to draw attention to one's agenda and an attempt to gather sympathy for it. It must be successful because "playing the victim" is so frequently used, many times when there is a dearth of facts and data to support one's position. Witness how frequently illegal aliens and their supporters play the victim card and wildly inject racism into every aspect of the immigration debate. Not only that, look at the MSM 'sob storys' with the IA as the "victim". But, I see the tide is turning with the "playig the victim game". Many people are just tired and offended by it as they peel back the curtain and see what the true intent has been behind the victim facade.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    well,
    Im Glad thats out of the way

5 more minutes ill never get back

So, what's our general consensus? Was it racist for me to say this?
    Proud wife of an undocumented ICE agent.
    Definition of a RACIST according to Madeline Cosman : Real American Committed to Integrity Sovereignty and Truth

No matter how carefully you choose your words, they will twist it and call you names. I run into reconquistas who post using American names. They want to make this about race when it is about invasion. We could use I call a reconquista a reconquista.

Banned
    I calls a spade a shovel.

I calls a cracker a saltine.

I calls 'em as I see 'em.

Get over it...

Quote Originally Posted by corhanem
    So, what's our general consensus?
    It's a "tempest in a teapot"
    Grow thicker skin
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wouldn’t worry. Malice was not intended. It is a fact that “spadeâ€

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast